The INDY 12" Line Could Be Quite Thorough

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As you can tell, I'm more pumped for this license than any other (including "Star Wars").

Between INDY and Sideshow's G.I. JOE stuff 2008 is going to rule. And there are plenty of other great lines to be excited about, too. :rock

Since Indy's main outfit is pretty much the same in the 3 of the old movies, anyone else thinking they might make this an all inclusive Indy? Idol for Raiders, Sankara stones for ToD and Holy Grail for TLC. That makes more sense to me than Sideshow trying to sell basically the same figure 3 times.

Since Indy's main outfit is pretty much the same in the 3 of the old movies, anyone else thinking they might make this an all inclusive Indy? Idol for Raiders, Sankara stones for ToD and Holy Grail for TLC. That makes more sense to me than Sideshow trying to sell basically the same figure 3 times.

No. Because the costume isn't 100% identical between all three films. Like Vader, there are minor differences (including the color of shirts, belts and pants) that the diehards can spot in a second.

There are also other differences, like the ripped sleeve on the "Temple of Doom" shirt and the tie he wears in "Last Crusade". Even the hats, guns and whips vary slightly between the three original films.

To say nothing of the fact that the headsculpts need to be different as he does look different in all three. Harrison Ford put on a little weight between "Raiders" and "Temple of Doom" and was noticeably a little older in "Last Crusade".

For Indy fans, it would take much more than just additional MacGuffin items to make a single all-inclusive Indy figure spanning the original trilogy. Sideshow (and collectors) would just be better off releasing them separately.

Do you think that there are thousands of die-hard fans who would buy multiple Indys just to get a slightly different outfit? I don't know the answer to that, but I suspect that the vast majority of people would only want one Indy and nothing else in the line.

Nice list Irish. :clap

I really hope that SS does enough figures of the supporting cast.

Why have an Indy license if your only going to release Indy himself? :huh

I'm just as excited to get a Sallah figure as I am an Indy. :D

Do you think that there are thousands of die-hard fans who would buy multiple Indys just to get a slightly different outfit? I don't know the answer to that, but I suspect that the vast majority of people would only want one Indy and nothing else in the line.

Unknown. But there's no reason why SSC can't at least release the other movie versions of Indy in much lower Edition Sizes or even as con exclusives.

The point is, the definitive version of Indy from "Raiders" is not the same as Indy from "Temple of Doom" or "Last Crusade". The headsculpts alone should be different, to say nothing of the costume details and other items.

Who says that is the definitive Indy? :lol

Just throwing a log on the fire nevermind me. :lol

Well, many would say that "Raiders" is not only the definitive Indy, but the definitive Indy movie. But that's not even the point I was making. I was just pointing out that Sideshow's first 1:6 Indy is the "Raiders" version (it's the definitive Raiders Indy, not necessarily the definitive Indy period) and that there are enough differences to warrant future releases of Indy in his adventure gear for "Temple of Doom" and "Last Crusade" versions.

Well, many would say that "Raiders" is not only the definitive Indy, but the definitive Indy movie. But that's not even the point I was making. I was just pointing out that Sideshow's first 1:6 Indy is the "Raiders" version (it's the definitive Raiders Indy, not necessarily the definitive Indy period) and that there are enough differences to warrant future releases of Indy in his adventure gear for "Temple of Doom" and "Last Crusade" versions.

I am just starting trouble. :lol No need to explain. I will buy them all! :rock I actually plan on cutting back the Star Wars line to be able to get whatever they throw at us.

I'm in the camp that if there was only going to be 1 figure released it would have to be Raiders Indy. That's my #1 want. Anyone past that is gravy.

I'm also in the "I only want Indy" camp...I definitely want him as a Professor and other outfits like his torn undershirt from ToD and his Last Crusade outfit.

I really don't care for the other characters. I might get Henry Jones Sr. and Marion...but other than that, it'll really depend on how they look and what other stuff is coming out (Hot Toys' stuff, Sideshow's statues and GI Joe line, etc.).

So I can say AT LEAST HERE from the get-go that I'm just all about Indy with this line. I can see some high edition sizes for Indy while smaller ones for other characters...with the exception of Indy himself, I can see Sideshow being VERY selective about some of the other characters because for the most part I've seen a lot of people want Indy but don't really care for anyone else.

Do you think that there are thousands of die-hard fans who would buy multiple Indys just to get a slightly different outfit?

If they space them out enough, yes. Then they'd also pick up fans who missed the initial Indy when he (quickly) sells out.

I just hope we get some cool ladies (we rarely get good female 1/6) to look great with each version of Indy, and also Mr. Connery and Mr. Labeouf to have the three generations on our shelves.

I just hope we get some cool ladies (we rarely get good female 1/6) to look great with each version of Indy, and also Mr. Connery and Mr. Labeouf to have the three generations on our shelves.

And I'm sure Sideshow will include Mutt's jacket with his eventual figure, unlike Hasblo:

IMG_8848.JPG

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

That figure looks so cheap. No likeness, (strangely) no jackett. How much is that?

Back