The INDY 12" Line Could Be Quite Thorough

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You have WAY too many Indy variants listed. I know it is the Indiana Jones license, but even James Bond never got THAT many variants of himself.

I'm not an Indy fan like a Star Wars fan is a Star Wars fan, but I do consider myself an Indy fan nonetheless. However, I just don't think there is quite enough differences in the main outfit to warrent a release for every film. I'm sure you guys could argue against me without a problem, but I think most other collectors are like me and just see the same outfit. The White Tux, Professor, and some other memerable variants might work, but not the amount you have listed.

A KotCS Indy would be a valid variant though since Ford as aged so much and I'm sure the oufit is actually quite different.

I think a Sean Connery Dr. Jones is in order though, and I would love to see Toht with a melty face head like Wor-Gar's avatar.

Remember too many Lukes are making Star Wars fans mad, and too many Indys could do the same for the Indy line. Variants can help keep lines alive, but too many of them can quickly kill it too.

It would be ludicrous to have 12 different Indiana Jones variants. I think we'll see 3 or 4 at most. I'm also not sure that Indiana Jones has the fanbase to support a line of 20+ figures. I know that there are some diehard fans out there, and I consider myself to be a pretty big fan, but that seems like a lot to me.

Remember too many Lukes are making Star Wars fans mad, and too many Indys could do the same for the Indy line. Variants can help keep lines alive, but too many of them can quickly kill it too.

Apples and Oranges, my friend. Unlike Luke, Indy is the character of this franchise. Hell, it's all about just him (name and all).

In fact, I'd say I would rather have all of the Indy variants (because they are different enough) more than figures of any other character.

But I want them all, of course. I firmly stand behind my list. :monkey5

If the initial INDY figure from Sideshow is a success (duh) then there is no doubt the line will be off to a great start. As it is, we know they have plans for multiple figures, including the different incarnations of Indy himself.

I just thought about it for a bit, and without going overboard (with tons of characters and variations) I've come to the conclusion that a "complete" or thorough INDY line would be around 25 or so figures, with half of those different versions of Indy himself:

INDIANA JONES:

Raiders of The Lost Ark
Indy in Adventure Gear (ROTLA sculpt/accessories) * confirmed *
Indy as Professor
Indy as Cairo Digger
Indy as German Soldier

Temple of Doom
Indy in Adventure Gear (TOD sculpt/accessories, ripped under shirt, etc)
Indy in White Tuxedo
Indy as Thuggee

The Last Crusade
Indy in Adventure Gear (TLC sculpt/accessories, Tie, etc)
Indy in Suit
Indy in Nazi Officer Disguise

Kingdom of The Crystal Skull
Indy in Adventure Gear (KOTCS sculpt/accessories)
Indy as Professor (KOTCS sculpt)

OTHER CHARACTERS:

Raiders of The Lost Ark
Belloq
Marion
Sallah
Toht

Temple of Doom
Mola Ram
Short Round
Willie

The Last Crusade
Dr. Henry Jones, Sr
Marcus
Elsa
Grail Knight

Kingdom of The Crystal Skull
Ivana Spalko
Marion
Mutt Williams
Abner Ravenwood
Mac

Yes, you can give or take a character or two (or even add a couple), but IMHO that line-up from Sideshow would represent the quinessential Indiana Jones 1:6 line. We'd have about 6-8 figures from each film (including Indys) and each movie would have at least one villain represented. Thoughts?

Well, the people who don't like more than one version of a character are screwed then...

SO MANY VARIANTS...

:drool

... and I would love to see Toht with a melty face head like Wor-Gar's avatar.

:rock

Me too, obviously. I'm in for anything RAIDERS! That's the Holy Grail for me as far as Indy goes. I only need one 12" Indiana Jones, and I'm more than happy with what I've seen so far. Toht is essential, it would be like making Bond but not Oddjob.

I'm gonna have to cut back other places to make sure I get all the ones I want. Why? Cause you just listed about all the ones I want. :lol

I agree! I think I am going to cut back on some Star Wars pieces. It will be hard though. I started with Snow Bunny. More to come.

I always think less is more, so here's my wish list. I'd be happy if we got all of these and nothing else:

1. Raiders Indy
2. Toht with melty head
3. Marion in Nepal bar outfit
4. Cairo Swordsman
5. Indy in German uniform with bazooka
6. Tuxedo Indy
7. Ripped shirt Doom Indy
8. Mola Ram
9. Thugee guard with red markings on face
10. River Phoenix Indy
11. Henry Jones Snr

No Belloq, Dietrich, Sallah, Marcus Brody, Willie Scott, or anyone else from Last Crusade! Just my favourite Indy outfits, plus my favourite cool characters (I loved the thugee guys), would make a solid line that would sell well all the way through.

I always think less is more, so here's my wish list. I'd be happy if we got all of these and nothing else:

1. Raiders Indy
2. Toht with melty head
4. Cairo Swordsman
5. Indy in German uniform with bazooka
6. Tuxedo Indy
7. Ripped shirt Doom Indy
8. Mola Ram
9. Thugee guard with red markings on face
10. River Phoenix Indy
11. Henry Jones Snr

No Belloq, Dietrich, Sallah, Marcus Brody, Willie Scott, or anyone else from Last Crusade! Just my favourite Indy outfits, plus my favourite cool characters (I loved the thugee guys), would make a solid line that would sell well all the way through.

WOW, Henry Jones Sr. should be #2 my friend.
indy.jpg

With Sallah, do I want fat sallah (last crusade) or skinny sallah (raiders)

I like your list, but I had to remove a few for my own wants... So (in movie order) I'd want:

1. Raiders Indy
2. Toht with melty head
4. Cairo Swordsman
6. Mola Ram
7. Henry Jones Sr

And then maybe, depending on how they turned out:
Belloq with melty head
Thugee guard with red markings on face

Great list Irish-- here's what I want (pushing away my feelings of completism:D).

INDY in adventure gear (as confirmed)
INDY as a professor (just as a shout-out to my retired prof pop :D)
INDY in tux from the beginning of T.O.D.

Dr. Henry Jones Sr

Mola Ram

A couple of Nazis (torturer from Raiders and the main Nazi from Crusade)

That'll be it for me. The others maybe down the road but as others have said it's going to be dangerous because I could very quickly see this line becoming like the other lines that I, as a completist, collect (SW, LOTR, BOND...).

Nice to see such a positive surge for this license and looking forward to the next few months of collectibles leading up to the release of the movie.:D

Back