Premium Format The Incredible Hulk The Avengers

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:exactly:

Bottom Line: Let's make one thing perfectly clear:

SS created non-numbered, date-limited, open/limited es to make things easier for them, reduce costs, and make more funds.

This particular policy has NOTHING to do with the collector. If it did, it would have a numbered edition, from the beginning of the order process, not somewhere down the middle where we had to guess.

Also, the price on this piece forces the hand on the collector to lay up big dollars up front, so, again for SS, this ensures they will get enough collectors paying the $ on a popular piece and keeping it between 1 000 to 2 000 pieces.

Unbelievable.

Yep, pretty much. Non-numbered open edition.

just look at what open es did to stormtrooper pf even after all this time, one of the most popular characters..in existence. It's going for at least a 20% discount and still noone wants it, all because sideshow made it open es. Otherwise they would be a very sought out statue.

That's another Open Edition size statue that goes right to the bargain bin and it was the Stormtrooper, something SW fans were really excited about SS doing.

Soo, I actually wrote an email to SSC about the "limited edition" title. I wanted confirmation that this was an open ES. So, I heard back and although it is open and it is not decided when they will stop producing it, it will be closed at some point. She then went on to say that their limited editions have mostly been under 1000 pieces! Of course, I highly doubt that will be the case with hulk because I'm guessing he's got to have sold close to that already...maybe? In any case, if they do stick to that theory, this baby probably won't be on open ES as long as we all may think. I certainly don't see it being like the LSF statues where you can get one 2-3 years later readily. So, for those of you waiting on aftermarket prices because you think this will be open ES for years to come, food for thought. I can see them closing this thing a lot earlier than we all think.

Really? What's the shortest time an Open Edition SSC statue has been closed so far? jw.

$650 vs $400 isnt that big a difference. There is no logic to argue about popularity or es as neither of us can prove our point. But -in my opinion- hulk is much more popular & in demand than that blue/grey batman pf, it's back up by being hulk, the existing & upcoming movies, and size. I am willing to bet my house the es will be 5000+ if they left it for sale for a few years. This is the only 1/4 store shelf hulk on the market right now...

You must be rich gags because a $250 difference in price is a big deal to most of us. That's almost another statue worth.

yeah right...will be years if ever.

The ES for the hulk will be much higher than 2000, keep in mind it's not just the initial orders. For such a popular character and the success of the movies, people will be buying this throughout the years. Look at the batman pf ex, it was soldout within 1-2 weeks with a 2000 es. Hulk is much much more popular and will be on sale for years. I am confident the es will easily hit 5000+ when all said & done.

All this smoke & mirror about we will not put a number on it but it will be limited and will stop producing them in the future, but wont tell you when etc..is just exactly that - BS.

:dunno 5000???? are you serious :thud: if that's the case then he should be had down the road for less than $200..

There are 9500 Sauron statues from Sideshow / Weta. They sold out @ $300 each and they date back 7-8 years ago when collecting was less popular and people were much less inclined to go high end price wise on collecting. Hulk is far more popular than Sauron and Sideshow will shift a mother load of these.

There are 9500 Sauron statues from Sideshow / Weta. They sold out @ $300 each and they date back 7-8 years ago when collecting was less popular and people were much less inclined to go high end price wise on collecting. Hulk is far more popular than Sauron and Sideshow will shift a mother load of these.

:exactly:

That is so so true.....

I still don't think it will hit 5000. my guess is still in the 2000 range. at $300, even 7 years ago, statues will go fast. lets not forget that 7 years ago were much better times for our economy. now, at $650 with our crappy economy, I think this will sell far less total.

WTF ???

spiderman-1.gif

I'm curious how does it work for open ES pieces if someone orders one years down the line, do SS mass produce before release and stockpile them or are they made to order after a certain amount of time?
At least one good thing about hulk is that they'll have plenty of spares if he arrives damaged:lol

I'm curious how does it work for open ES pieces if someone orders one years down the line, do SS mass produce before release and stockpile them or are they made to order after a certain amount of time?
At least one good thing about hulk is that they'll have plenty of spares if he arrives damaged:lol

Mass produce would be the cheapest option.
Probably make a few thousand then another few when they sell.
The suggestions that SS will produce less than 1-2,000 are laughable.

Ah right cool. This is the only 1/4 hulk that's appealed to me so far so I don't care how limited he is will be holding on to him for some time. I see that HT will be making the chitauri warrior figure, would be awesome to get one to lie smashed on the base:rock

they don't mass produce this stuff

SS is still figuring the number :lecture

Back