Premium Format The Incredible Hulk The Avengers

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If someone offered me the choice of Skaar and Rhino or The Hulk, to keep forever not for resale value, I would choose The Hulk every time.

I'm saying from a materials/size point of view, the price jump is high. We are literally paying around 100-150 dollars just for the "Legacy" brand name.

I'm saying from a materials/size point of view, the price jump is high. We are literally paying around 100-150 dollars just for the "Legacy" brand name.

Yeh, damn right and the sculpt is worth every penny.
Let's hope the paint application is worth the price tag too. :pray:

This piece will hinge on the paint apps. If the paint apps are good, this will go down as one of the best Hulk statues ever made. If SSC wets the bed on the paint job, that will be a disaster for this maquette. To give a statue of this size a proper repaint, that will cost you almost as much as the maquette itself.

what. you think a hollywood FX company is going to give the ____ away for free?

Yeh I absolutely believe that Legacy Effects would give their concept statues for free. Please. :slap. Don't mistake my bitterness for the price for ignorance.

Absolutely nothing but praise on the quality of the statue. Especially the portrait. Hopefully it delivers when it's delivered lol.

Its Hulk, Its Legacy, It will be massive, I think the price is better than expected, its fair if you want this.

This piece will hinge on the paint apps. If the paint apps are good, this will go down as one of the best Hulk statues ever made. If SSC wets the bed on the paint job, that will be a disaster for this maquette. To give a statue of this size a proper repaint, that will cost you almost as much as the maquette itself.

yep if the paint is bad it's going back to sideshow no regrets, given the price, es, and size. Not going to try to custom repaint it like the smaller pieces. With so many custom 1/4 hulks out there, plenty of alternatives.

But lets hope that's not the case, i have faith in legacy brand, and it's a relatively easy paint unlike mark vi.

Last edited by a moderator:
Soo, I actually wrote an email to SSC about the "limited edition" title. I wanted confirmation that this was an open ES. So, I heard back and although it is open and it is not decided when they will stop producing it, it will be closed at some point. She then went on to say that their limited editions have mostly been under 1000 pieces! Of course, I highly doubt that will be the case with hulk because I'm guessing he's got to have sold close to that already...maybe? In any case, if they do stick to that theory, this baby probably won't be on open ES as long as we all may think. I certainly don't see it being like the LSF statues where you can get one 2-3 years later readily. So, for those of you waiting on aftermarket prices because you think this will be open ES for years to come, food for thought. I can see them closing this thing a lot earlier than we all think.

maybe, but until SS proves otherwise, I don't believe them. In the last 5 years, they haven't closed 1 open ES item right?

that's brilliant ink, editing my post to remove a comment about yourself. just log in as me next time, easier that way.

The problem is no item with an open ES has been closed yet. I honestly don't think this will be any different. Unless they put out some sort of public countdown for how many statues sold, the truth is we may never know when they actually will close the ES.

Back