Premium Format The Incredible Hulk The Avengers

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Real quick... explain to me how Limited Edition means OPEN ES? Is it just because they are not showing the exact number at the moment? Couldn't that change any minute to like 500 or 1500?

Last edited:
I am still going to get this, but I am going to wait until closer to the ship date to order it since it will not be selling out anytime soon.

____ any mother____er that screams that ____! Who wants for their collectible to lose value the second they buy it?!? I know many folks say they don't intend on selling a piece, but I think those folks are either shortsighted, noobs, idiots or all of the above. What if a better piece is released and you are short on funds and have to let a piece go? What if you run into serious financial turmoil or some sort of emergency requiring lots of cash? What if...?!?

:exactly::goodpost:
Hey Barb! Your sound logic has sorely been missed around here. Welcome back.:wave

Real quick... explain to me how Limited Edition means OPEN ES?

speechless.gif

Utterly disappointing. It's the beginning of the end if SS COLLECTIBLES decides to go this open edition route. As it is, SS has disappointed with so many quality control issues. This just makes it easier to detach myself from SS. Jesus Christ. Make it a HUGE ES like Batman and Poison Ivy, but at least slap a number on the statues. WTF.

They may get away with it on Hulk because of the popularity of the character, it's a Legacy product, and Avengers was such a huge hit, but it won't be as easy with other characters.

Just ordered from Alteregos.. 10% cheaper that will cover the shipping cost.. shipping Feb 2013. have to wait for another 6 months ...

My Rules of collecting:

1. Nothing but 1/4 scale
2. Sculpt has to be top notch
3. No movie PF's/maquette
4. Don't collect lines (ex. Gambit is the only good XMEN PF)
5. No Open ES Statues
6. Any thing Gore Group gets ordered (only if in 1/4 scale)
7. Only order EX.
8. Only collect DC & Marvel statues (Don't order lady death no matter how good she looks)

Do you guys have any rules you follow when ordering. This Hulk piece broke two of my rules and therefore he is not ordered.

____ any mother____er that screams that ____! Who wants for their collectible to lose value the second they buy it?!? I know many folks say they don't intend on selling a piece, but I think those folks are either shortsighted, noobs, idiots or all of the above. What if a better piece is released and you are short on funds and have to let a piece go? What if you run into serious financial turmoil or some sort of emergency requiring lots of cash? What if...?!?

Ya know I love ya Barb. But if I looked at collecting that way I just would not collect. I would be smarter with my money. These things are awsome and like I have said it's a bonus to have it stay or go up in value. But that is why In say if you don't like it then stay away from it. Collect only the low edition rare stuff. Hell get into only high quality Customs.

What I don't get is the constant complaining and failure to see another point of view. I have repeatedly stated that I understand the desire to have an item go up in value. But there is no promise that it will. And that is why I say. "Buy what you like and Like what you buy"

I get the point of "hey you never know if you will want to sell in the future" Yep I of all people get that point 100% But that is why I am going to be more picky from here on out. I want pieces like my Conan PF, Indy PF, and Bruce NTT. Pieces I will never sell.

Buy what you like and Like what you buy Baby. Anything else is a crapshoot.

My Rules of collecting:

1. Nothing but 1/4 scale
2. Sculpt has to be top notch
3. No movie PF's/maquette
4. Don't collect lines (ex. Gambit is the only good XMEN PF)
5. No Open ES Statues
6. Any thing Gore Group gets ordered (only if in 1/4 scale)
7. Only order EX.
8. Only collect DC & Marvel statues (Don't order lady death no matter how good she looks)

Do you guys have any rules you follow when ordering. This Hulk piece broke two of my rules and therefore he is not ordered.

Yes mine are:

1) I like the statue.
2) Not open es.

Back