Premium Format The Incredible Hulk The Avengers

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Preach it brother :rock, I think some people here JUST WANT TO LOOK COOL if they say they don't care about the ES.

They think they are better collectors than others if they don't care about the ES. And believe everybody who hates an open ES is a damn flipper. I just don't get it :slap
I don't get it either, my friend. Scream whatever to lay down your judgment upon others. You will look neither cool nor righteous nor any better of a collector. I am into rarities and I'm not ashamed to say it.

I believe the Open ES is what kept the cost at $650 and not pushing $1k. So be it. The more the merrier. This statue is AWESOME, and that's all that matters. :rock

Bro Vracula at SF sum it up nicely about this open ES crap:

There are different types of collectors, but all the best collections in the world are the ones with the rarest items. Its a fact. Limited exclusivety is a major drive to this hobby take that away and u have porcelain beanie babies.

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

There are different types of collectors, but all the best collections in the world are the ones with the rarest items. Its a fact. Limited exclusivety is a major drive to this hobby take that away and u have porcelain beanie babies.

I don't really share that viewpoint at all. :dunno I collect/display what I like/want and ES has never affected my enjoyment of any pieces in my collection. Just different strokes, I guess.

____ any mother____er that screams that ____! Who wants for their collectible to lose value the second they buy it?!? I know many folks say they don't intend on selling a piece, but I think those folks are either shortsighted, noobs, idiots or all of the above. What if a better piece is released and you are short on funds and have to let a piece go? What if you run into serious financial turmoil or some sort of emergency requiring lots of cash? What if...?!?

Great point Barb! I recently had to sell my whole xmen collection due to an emergency with my pup, due to the edition sizes and there rarity i was able to get what I paid and more back to help with funds which in turn allowed me to keep other statues i might have had to sell, People are stupid if they dont want to get back what atleast they put to get the statue!

yea, there's something to that. I'd be lying if I didn't say having certain rare items makes me feel more at ease then having a bunch of open ES stuff. Problem is, I already have a couple open ES statues :lol. There is a advantage to buying these though; you can save so much money getting them on the aftermarket. Besides the Wolf LSF, all my other open ES pieces, I've gotten hundreds cheaper then retail. That adds up.

I don't really share that viewpoint at all. :dunno I collect/display what I like/want and ES has never affected my enjoyment of any pieces in my collection. Just different strokes, I guess.

Of course, that's why he begins his sentence with "there are different types of collectors"

Great point Barb! I recently had to sell my whole xmen collection due to an emergency with my pup, due to the edition sizes and there rarity i was able to get what I paid and more back to help with funds which in turn allowed me to keep other statues i might have had to sell, People are stupid if they dont want to get back what atleast they put to get the statue!

:clap 100% agree. Hopefully your pup is now okay.

If edition size is one of the main driving forces though, and price isn't a consideration, why don't some of you guys get together and commission something truly rare? Like, an edition size of 10, and they cost $2,000 a piece. I'm asking honestly. There are extremely rare 1/6 scale figures released by guys like Rainman that meet the needs of this type of collector. And I know there are guys who do one-off unlicensed statues. Shouldn't be hard to convince them to up the edition size if the price was right.

I have no real strong opinions about the whole edition size issue, though holding things constant, I guess I would rather it be rarer and thus more valuable later if I needed to sell. Doesn't contribute to my own perceived interest or value in something though.

I'm still undecided to get this piece. It's a masterpiece and would be the center piece of my collection ...but in a way I don't want to encourage Sideshow with open edition.

I am very happy with the open ES I will be saving $10 a month and will be purchasing this item in the fall of 2017.

really i dont think sO even after 2 years things change ..... priorities change ......there will be 2 more hulk within 2 year .....:)

every product must have ES even LSF no matter how much but ES should be there..... i never thought Poison Ivy Ex ES is going to be bigger than Joker Ex ES ..... but still it has ES
ES matters

Back