Premium Format The Incredible Hulk The Avengers

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm new to this.. on sideshow websites it says Limited Edition
Est. Ship Date: February 2013

so.. where does it say this is open edition? thanks for the noob question

Apparently, unless the words Limited Edition are followed by TBD (To Be Determined, which means they'll tell you the exact number of pieces made at a later date) it means the item will be on sale for as long as Sideshow pleases. Shady move if you ask me. At least don't throw the word LIMITED EDITION out there like it means nothing.

NEW SLOGAN:
Sideshow Collectibles, the Hot Toys of the Statue World.

At least don't throw the word LIMITED EDITION out there like it means nothing.

Sideshow, the Hot Toys of the statue world.
Yep. Hot Toys did that with the Mark IV, then re-released the figure essentially unchanged! That was actually out of Medicom's playbook though, so I think you need to give credit where it is due :lol

Since Sideshow reads these boards then everybody who is anti-open edition has to let it be known that what they are doing stinks. If the sales are bad or not what they expected then they will stop it.

Is the legacy licence a factor in the OE? If sideshow had produced this I'm guessing there would be a ex. and an edition size?

Yep. Hot Toys did that with the Mark IV, then re-released the figure essentially unchanged! That was actually out of Medicom's playbook though, so I think you need to give credit where it is due :lol

I meant mostly in the aspect that they can sell 10.000 of something and still call it Limited Edition.

Apparently, unless the words Limited Edition are followed by TBD (To Be Determined, which means they'll tell you the exact number of pieces made at a later date) it means the item will be on sale for as long as Sideshow pleases. Shady move if you ask me. At least don't throw the word LIMITED EDITION out there like it means nothing.

NEW SLOGAN:
Sideshow Collectibles, the Hot Toys of the Statue World.

This limited edition words is to make people think it's more rare because it's still limited when they stop in 5 years? Then make more in 10 years as new stock later on when they become htf. :monkey1 it feels weird buying a statue with no number on it.

Since Sideshow reads these boards then everybody who is anti-open edition has to let it be known that what they are doing stinks. If the sales are bad or not what they expected then they will stop it.

Now here is where I can agree. Don't buy it if you don't like Open Edition. It's the only thing SS will hear. But if you _____ and complain and buy it anyways SS will just keep on doing it.

Is the legacy licence a factor in the OE? If sideshow had produced this I'm guessing there would be a ex. and an edition size?

well, in most cases, Legacy products have been Open ES except for Destroyer and the IM2 maquettes. Here's a run down, did I forget any?

T-600 bust
T-700 bust
Iron Man BD bust
1:2 IM LSF
Hulk maquette
Most likely Avatar bust
War Machine bust

These collectibles are costing so much I need flippers insurance, and being an Open Edition its not there, Pass.

Now here is where I can agree. Don't buy it if you don't like Open Edition. It's the only thing SS will hear. But if you _____ and complain and buy it anyways SS will just keep on doing it.

I couldn't of put it better myself. Those who don't like it have to speak with their wallets. Hulk is my favorite Marvel character so I have to pull the trigger on this one, even though I think the size is a little off.

These collectibles are costing so much I need flippers insurance, and being an Open Edition its not there, Pass.

Yeah, another reason right there. This is the most expensive Maquette yet and they pull this ____? Ballsy move, I'll give them that at least.

Well, at least is all over now. I have been following this thread since day one. Disappointed with the finale but at least I can take a break now. In the end, good for those who ordered, good for those who will and good for those who passed.

I'll back for the in hand pictures.

:wave

Couldn't agree with you more Jaws. Well said. Our only power is our ability to buy or not to buy. If you have an issue with this don't buy it. Pretty simple stuff.

I am happy with my HULK pf. If the price was below 500 and there was an ES I might have considered getting one.

Yep Avfin, the Hulk PF is still the only Hulk statue to own right now, and most likely the only one there every will be.

Back