Premium Format The Incredible Hulk The Avengers

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got tired of the messed up Brow and decided to fix it... Not perfect looking with flash and up so close... But looks good in person and is a big improvement IMO.

Before... Not my Pic... I could not find any of my old close ups...

tn_IMG_5709.jpg

After

P1230030.JPG

Attachments

• P1230027.JPG
    P1230027.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 858
It looks great. I've been contemplating getting this piece for so long... The only thing I can't get passed is how it doesn't look like the films rendition, and is that stance ever in the movie.

Doesn't have to be exact, but I remember him being gorilla esque.

It looks great. I've been contemplating getting this piece for so long... The only thing I can't get passed is how it doesn't look like the films rendition, and is that stance ever in the movie.

Doesn't have to be exact, but I remember him being gorilla esque.

I tend not to think of this as the "Movie" Hulk... I would never display it with my Movie collection... He is always in my Comic collection...

By the way thanks... I am glad I am happy with it... There was no turning back once I started...

Looks great to me. My girlfriend in 2012 made fun of me for having bushy eyebrows. Glad you could fix his. Hahaha

Nice job... Even though it looked fine before :D

LOL! It was OK... But it always drove my OCD crazy... Never posed him looking straight on because of the uneven brow.. ever understood the why SSC did that since it did not look that way at SDCC... But in person it was did not look as bad as the photos I took... But he did not look as angry to me as he does now.

Yeah it does look better JAWS. Takes some guts to pull out the paint and get to it, but you did a fine job.

Thanks Spidey... It was scary (hard to keep the hand from shacking lol). Just used a pencil first and then filled it in with acrylic paint. I also get OCD about my own customs... I actually made the brows a little thicker still... Hulk has thick brows and it helps him look even more angry. I am really done now as it looks fantastic in my Besta.

More Before and after...

P1180282_zpsf0e42512-1_zps736e33dc.jpg
P1230077.JPG
P1230075.JPG

Did you only use acrylic paint over the existing paint or did you sand it down, reprimer etc? Just wondering if it's ok to just go ahead and paint over it with acrylic paint to fix the issue as well.

Did you only use acrylic paint over the existing paint or did you sand it down, reprimer etc? Just wondering if it's ok to just go ahead and paint over it with acrylic paint to fix the issue as well.

You should be fine painting over what's already on the statue with acrylics. The paint is on there is already the primer.

Just painted over... No sanding..

I first used a pencil to fill in where I wanted the paint to go... Pencil led easily removes with water.. I then took the black acrylic paint I bought at walmart and filled in where the pencil marks were. If you mess up and use water quick enough you can fix any errors with the paint.. I also painted over other arts of the brow so it would mix in better with the look of the added on brow.

Use a very very thin brush... Or dip the pencil tip in the paint and use that... Just be careful not to have to much paint on either. You can always go back and add more.

Nice work bro :clap you've now inspired me to do the same thing :rock they didnt call it browgate for no reason! :lecture :lol :lol I think it looks much better the way you've done it :) All I gotta do now is find where I put the darn statue!! :horror

Thanks Roberto... I am so much happier.. I was looking at it last night sitting on my shelf and It reminded me of how I felt when I saw pics of it at Comic Con... So much better IMO.. Now I can display him from all angles.

Actually the brow seems to be sculpted in a way that cause the paint to be applied unevenly... Not sure why it came out that way since the proto did not have it (Mold issue?) but all the eyebrows were painted that way. It's an easy fix if you want to... It does not bother me so I leave mine alone. Trust me... If it was an issue It would not be my fav.

Such a freaking, full of crap, BS, liar!!!!

This statue is playing with my emotions! Tempting me, must stay true to the comic pf!

.... For now.

Back