The "I actually purchased ROC toys" thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i picked up the steel crusher apv today at target...

005-3.jpg

sale is supposed to happen the week of the 19th. i havent been able to grab an early ad yet to check myself.

I know, it's going to be a real hunt to get good figures as the sale is the same week as SDCC here in San Diego and every vendor/scalper/flipper in the country will be here in San Diego that week. :banghead:banghead

and nam, destro does have a big noggin'. i've been trying to switch over one of the metallic heads from one of the dvd battle pack destros but haven't been able to make it fit yet as it makes him a bit 'pin-headish' because he is a huge figure. he dwarfs se and the others.

Not necessarily a big noggin. The scale looks fine. But it looks like his head is misshapen, with the right side (Destro's right) being oblong and the left side normal.

I know, it's going to be a real hunt to get good figures as the sale is the same week as SDCC here in San Diego and every vendor/scalper/flipper in the country will be here in San Diego that week. :banghead:banghead

I thought I read somewhere that TRU will refund the difference from older receipts on the ROC stuff. I hope it's true since I spent $17 for the exclusive Barbecue and Firefly figures last Thursday.

I saw the endcaps at Target yesterday. I was very tempted to buy a few of the smaller figures, but I held off. The workmanship on them is pretty darn good, but the last thing I need to do is blow money I could be saving for Hot Toys figures. Besides, they'll probably see clearance eventually like most summer movie toys.

Not necessarily a big noggin. The scale looks fine. But it looks like his head is misshapen, with the right side (Destro's right) being oblong and the left side normal.

it is...it's not quite as noticeable in person. it's not as bad in this pic but it's still there.

016-2.jpg

it is...it's not quite as noticeable in person. it's not as bad in this pic but it's still there.

016-2.jpg

gotta remember that he is supposed to have a head inside that helmet, so of course its gonna look a little bigger since the mask isnt skin tight.

I thought I read somewhere that TRU will refund the difference from older receipts on the ROC stuff. I hope it's true since I spent $17 for the exclusive Barbecue and Firefly figures last Thursday.

They should, I asked my manager the day i bought my 4 figures if they would be able to do that, and he said yeah it would be just fine. All I would need to bring in is the reciept and all would be good.

gotta remember that he is supposed to have a head inside that helmet, so of course its gonna look a little bigger since the mask isnt skin tight.

Actually, no. It is skin tight. In fact, it is his skin. It says so on the back of his packaging. :yuck

Heads up guys, just like the 25th ann Snakes there seems to be yet another variant Timber with PP Snake Eyes. I wonder which one will end up being the variant? the black or the grey? All the PP Snakes I've seen lately have the black one, I might have to go pick up a couple more just in case!

https://cgi.ebay.com/GI-Joe-Rise-of...c0.m14&_trkparms=65:13|66:2|39:1|293:1|294:50

My guess is the grey is the variant as I've only see the black. And I went to get him today, and guess what? Now I can't find him :banghead

Got Zartan and Stormshadow instead :eek:

Actually, no. It is skin tight. In fact, it is his skin. It says so on the back of his packaging. :yuck

My guess is the grey is the variant as I've only see the black. And I went to get him today, and guess what? Now I can't find him :banghead

Beware, these cards are too easy to open and swap out parts. THis could easily be fake.

did know that, i thought it was a metal helmet that he wore, then yeah its oversized :D thanks buttman

From the pics of the Neo Vipers..looks like they are wearing New Rock brand boots..which is very untactical like i'd say...I had a pair long ago and they are pure quality and most comfortable boots i have ever had. Octopus was wearing them in The Spirit..well a ugly style of them...IMO.

New_Rock_Boots.jpg

These are kick ass though!
735IT_NEG_TOW.jpg

Yup, Cobra Commander's pretty goth as well.

i don't know what cc is...i showed the 'new' version to my daughter today at the store...the look she gave me was priceless. keep in mind she is 7 but we play and watch (old school cartoon) gi joe quite a bit. she just said, 'why does he look like that? he looks crazy.' classic.

did know that, i thought it was a metal helmet that he wore, then yeah its oversized :D thanks buttman

Well, it is supposed to be a helmet in the real GI Joe stories. But in person, it isn't oversized. I mean these things are only 4" tall. A fraction of an inch larger on anything this size can look ginormous on a computer screen.

And yeah, it does look like the Neo-vipers are wearing those boots. The masks they are wearing though remind me of Death Eaters.

Well, thankfully my across the border collector friendly Wal-Mart once again is behind the times as the only thing they've got out is the SE dress up kit. Bought two. :naughty (jk)

Nothing around here yet. I'll have to see these in person before I buy any-- probably the Baroness (hate how she's been represented in the 25th waves) and maybe one or two others.

Looks like there are some really cool figures in this line, actually....

I've only picked up the Viper Commando so far, but I'm gonna try and get a few more today.

3710942265_b0d364cb08_b.jpg

3711756224_ece5a0d6a7_b.jpg

To be honest zerogouki, that's one fig I most definitely WILL NOT be buying. Hideous (IMO) and does nothing to remind me of G.I. Joe. The Destro I can almost buy (not literally--but maybe) but that thing-- I don't think so.

Back