The "I actually purchased ROC toys" thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The figures > the movie's trailer.

she agrees

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/kOsoy1q27ZM&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/kOsoy1q27ZM&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

Thus far I have three: Destro, the WalMart exclusive Night Creeper (which I purchased pre-release straight from China) and the Ice-Viper (which is a huge winner of a design if you throw out the ski-missile-thing it comes with).

The Night Creeper really doesn't count since its a repaint of a 25th Anni figure.

Not sure I'll be getting much else, but I kind of like the urban camo look the Joe team is sporting so I may buy some of the new Joes to rework into customs that fit with the rest of my 25th Anni figures (obviously there are some repaints of the 25th Anni molds that will be worthwhile).

The movie looks so rancid I refuse to see it. I'm not willing to continue to support crappy Hollywood summer movies. It's obvious that you can make a "summer" film that Does Not Suck (The Dark Knight, Iron Man), so if we send the filmmakers a mesage that we are not willing to accept dreck any more maybe they'll quit pushing it on us.

Its better than giving them $8 at the box office. The toy line doing well insures the GI Joe line will continue, not how well it does at the box office. Hasbro is banking on the toys selling well. If they don't, they've basically said Joes will be canceled for a while. I think I made a good choice.
Yes to this.

Now that is how Cobra Commander should have looked in this film!

Did you customize the face plate or is that a variant?
i switched heads with the cc that came with one of the dvd battle packs...'the best of 80's episodes' one believe.
I did the same thing, as well as putting a chromed head on a regular outfit CC. I wish they'd make all Cobra Commanders from this point on have the chromed mask.

They should call that set the "de-evolution" of the Polar Battle Bear. :lol
They must have out Nanomites in it. :naughty

Last edited:
Yeah, I don't see any problem with supporting a decent toy line. Just because the material it is based on is crap, doesn't mean they aren't decent toys. And like I said, Hasbro is desperate for this line to do well. They'e all but said that GI Joe will be cancelled if the movie figures don't do well. So far, it looks like they are doing fairly well. That is good since it will help bring back the 25th line. Those online 7 packs are the last of that line unless these do well.

I'm not saying people should just buy these just to buy them. But actually give them a chance. Buy a figure or two that you think actually looks halfway decent. I did and I've gotten a few more since then. I haven't botten EVERY figure, I have standards afterall, but I have boughten some of the better ones I think (90% Cobras by the way).

Oddly, one of my favorite figures is Zartan. And he is basically a joe with a "zartan" head. Its a very "zartan-in-disguise" type of figure and since we haven't really ever gotten one of those is maybe why I actually like it.

It's kind of disturbing to me that Hasbro is hanging GI Joe's fate on the movie figures. it's says to me that Hasbro has very little faith on Joe's as a property. I'm doing my part to help the movie line along but I don't think Hasbro should burden the movie line with the responsibility of saving the entire Joe brand.

Yeah, I don't see any problem with supporting a decent toy line. Just because the material it is based on is crap, doesn't mean they aren't decent toys. And like I said, Hasbro is desperate for this line to do well. They'e all but said that GI Joe will be cancelled if the movie figures don't do well. So far, it looks like they are doing fairly well. That is good since it will help bring back the 25th line. Those online 7 packs are the last of that line unless these do well.

I'm not saying people should just buy these just to buy them. But actually give them a chance. Buy a figure or two that you think actually looks halfway decent. I did and I've gotten a few more since then. I haven't botten EVERY figure, I have standards afterall, but I have boughten some of the better ones I think (90% Cobras by the way).

Oddly, one of my favorite figures is Zartan. And he is basically a joe with a "zartan" head. Its a very "zartan-in-disguise" type of figure and since we haven't really ever gotten one of those is maybe why I actually like it.

agree 100%.

i don't get how hasbro can threaten to cancel the 25th stuff though. didn't it sell really well?

i was planning on grabbing zartan on my lunch break. i picked up the night raven yesterday but haven't had a chance to open it.

the ice viper is a cool figure. he just needs a ride but both of the snow vehicles (so far) are both joe vehicles, right?

They should, I asked my manager the day i bought my 4 figures if they would be able to do that, and he said yeah it would be just fine. All I would need to bring in is the reciept and all would be good.

Good news for those that bought figures from Target at full price, I went there yesterday with my receipt and asked if I could get a refund of the difference after buying them a couple of days earlier, and they did give me a refund. :D
I went right back and bought a Shipwreck.
Unfortunately, no 25th Joe sale stuff. :banghead

Opened Snake Eyes (Paris Pursuit) tonight...outstanding figure!

3718338451_8d6a1d0f95_b.jpg

3718340177_882ce543ec_b.jpg

awesome pics, zerogouki! yah, paris se is prolly myfavorite (along with shipwreck). great figure.

i picked these guys up tonight. they are pretty bland and washed out but i kind of like the cheesy scy-fy movie villain feel to them. they look very tin-can antiquated and road warrior-ish.

007-4.jpg

005-4.jpg

i picked these guys up tonight. they are pretty bland and washed out but i kind of like the cheesy scy-fy movie villain feel to them. they look very tin-can antiquated and road warrior-ish.

yup, I saw them in the store and the chest armor made me instantly think 'low budget Cylon' :lol

I picked up the black suit Scarlett. Not sure if I'll grab any others just yet, most of the designs don't appeal to me that much. The Cobra APV does look good though.

yup, I saw them in the store and the chest armor made me instantly think 'low budget Cylon' :lol

I picked up the black suit Scarlett. Not sure if I'll grab any others just yet, most of the designs don't appeal to me that much. The Cobra APV does look good though.

cylons (of an era) > roc vipers. :lol

yah, the apv is awesome.

Hasbro is so desperate for this line to do well, look at what they are sending out to us online press nerds:

10zbpdv.jpg

Hasbro is so desperate for this line to do well, look at what they are sending out to us online press nerds:

10zbpdv.jpg

Free swag... Nice.

OK, so everyone who gets one says that the SE in trenchcoat is one of the best figs-- but this begs the question, why is he wearing a trenchcoat? Is he incognito (or trying to be) like FF's the Thing? Does it also come with a fedora? Or is it just another attempt to milk the Matrix trenchoat image? In the movie will the coat flare up as he does a slow motion spin?

Besides the arctic suit that SE wore during the Kwinn storyline when has SE ever (and let's please not bring up that horrific cartoon drag moment again-- Timber should have been put to sleep after that) disguised himself or hidden himself? He functions in the shadows. Not walking down the Champs Elysee with the collar popped up... :confused:

Oh well. Still none of these things around here.

in issue 26 of the marvel run he wore a trench coat and hat while in the soft master's shop.

:rotfl :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/xuncNg5LRZk&rel=0&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/xuncNg5LRZk&rel=0&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Back