The "I actually purchased ROC toys" thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just noticed this guy on CTR:
GIJoeROCpitcommando.jpg

Look at all the helmets and masks this guy has, one of them is the Steel Brigade helmet!
I think I'll have to pick it up just for that.

Yeah, that figure is just plain awesome. Lovin all the extra gear.

I'd love to see them repaint that in a desert or green camo version.

I picked up the TRU exclusive Firefly. I justified it since he is an exclusive and I won't be able to find him in a few weeks if I waited :eek:

He comes with a TON of accessories, even for these movie figures. Really awesome. Only problem he is packed with goggles on so you can't see the eye paint. Once I opened mine, I found out he has a goofy eye. Not horrible, but he looks like he has a black eye :lol

Last edited:
The fam and I went to Toys R Us last night and they had an endcap featuring pretty much every figure/vehicle from the new movie. The Nightraven was pretty cool. I'll even say that the overall toy line itself wasn't too bad (save for all the 12 inch figures but Hasbro's never been good at those). I can see how people who are *completely* forgiving of the film itself could be into these.

that pit commando looks awesome...and check out all that gear! nice grab, buttmunch! i need to swing by tru and see if i can find ff.

my current cobra set-up...

010-7.jpg

020-6.jpg

Last edited:
Now that is how Cobra Commander should have looked in this film!

Did you customize the face plate or is that a variant?

i switched heads with the cc that came with one of the dvd battle packs...'the best of 80's episodes' one believe.

Very cool... It's nice to see that the good stuff from this movie match with the already released figs.

yah, ss fits in really well and destro looks very 'resolute'.

couple of paris se...this figure is awesome and of of the best snake eyes we've gotten in the modern/25th lines...

026-2.jpg

027-4.jpg

shipwreck...

035.jpg

047-2.jpg

Last edited:
Destro looks fine. I know you hate the movie, and I havent disagreed with you, until now. Yer kinda hating on the wrong thingy. :lol

Now the movie version? Well....uh...:eek:

Destro looks fine. I know you hate the movie, and I havent disagreed with you, until now. Yer kinda hating on the wrong thingy. :lol

Now the movie version? Well....uh...:eek:

You can't see that his head is oblong?! It looks like his right frontal lobe is swollen. :lol

psssssssst... BTW, that IS the movie version. :p

I refuse to dog on the movie in this thread.

The toys are more than fodder enough for criticism.

Stopped at Wal-Mart this morning and, even though I never had any intention of buying the figures, thought I would check them out.

The articulation looked decent enough.

And that is where my praise ends. The first thing I noticed were the attrocious accessories. The sculpts on the were hideous.

The paint apps on the figures I saw were about the equivelant of Kenner's Star Wars stuff back in the 70's. Great for the 70's. Pathetic for the current standards. And it looked to me as if the standard sculpting of the hands so that they can not hold their weapons was still being practiced.

Not worth 8.00?

For me...not worth 3.00.

I refuse to dog on the movie in this thread.

The toys are more than fodder enough for criticism.

Stopped at Wal-Mart this morning and, even though I never had any intention of buying the figures, thought I would check them out.

The articulation looked decent enough.

And that is where my praise ends. The first thing I noticed were the attrocious accessories. The sculpts on the were hideous.

The paint apps on the figures I saw were about the equivelant of Kenner's Star Wars stuff back in the 70's. Great for the 70's. Pathetic for the current standards. And it looked to me as if the standard sculpting of the hands so that they can not hold their weapons was still being practiced.

Not worth 8.00?

For me...not worth 3.00.

all opinions are welcome of course but I just want to say that while some figures are crap, there are some solid figures out there. The TRU firefly for example, outstanding figure.

Yep, Firefly is well worth the $8 price tag. Very nice figure, even if he isn't in the movie. He even has a removable clip on his gun and an extra clip as well that tucks into his bag. Not to mention a bomb, knife, gas can, flashlight, back pack, goggles, a vest, a stand, and oversized rocket launcher.

yah, the paint apps are hit and miss. as far as the hands i haven't had a problem getting any of them to hold their weapons or gear so at least i haven't seen any repeats of the 25th viper hands.

and nam, destro does have a big noggin'. i've been trying to switch over one of the metallic heads from one of the dvd battle pack destros but haven't been able to make it fit yet as it makes him a bit 'pin-headish' because he is a huge figure. he dwarfs se and the others.

as far as worth, who knows. i have been taking advantage of the target sale but even the 7.99 price tag wouldn't make me balk at, say, paris se. if it's a cool figure it's a cool figure.

Last edited:
Back