The "I actually purchased ROC toys" thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As much as I'm not liking the way the movie is looking, I have to admit these are fun toys. I think this line will actually do quite well, even if the movie doesn't.

truth. cool toys are cool toys.

oh, and that trench coat snake eyes looks flippin' awesome.

Here are the gour that i bought opened.

201_0621.jpg

SE is the best of the bunch I have to say.

Wow, that Scarlett looks goo----

:horror What am I saying?

Resist.

Must resist.

With every ounce of strength...

Must... resist...

Going to Wal-Mart tomorrow across the border. I'll probably buy ten of these.:banghead:banghead:banghead

yah if you throw destro in there i think those are the best i have seen so far (imo)...

storm shadow...

041-1.jpg

052-2.jpg

Wow, that Scarlett looks goo----

:horror What am I saying?

Resist.

Must resist.

With every ounce of strength...

Must... resist...

Going to Wal-Mart tomorrow across the border. I'll probably buy ten of these.:banghead:banghead:banghead

"One of us....One of us.....One of us...." :family

I don't see what the big deal is...so we know the movie is going to suck. Cool figures are cool figures; the Aliens vs. Predator movies were painful to watch, but Hot Toys, McFarlane, and a few others have still produced awsome collectibles from the movies that are very much in demand.

That Scarlett does look really good, I really like the pose too. I was originally going to pass on her, but might not now. Now I'll probably end up with the main team in their X-men suits. :banghead

What's wrong with all of us?

I saw that Scarlett... she's just too plain and boring looking. I am going to wait it out in hopes they release a better sculpt next, for her and Baroness both.

The only good likeness so far is Duke.

Don't feel bad, guys...

Rise of Cobra Toy-wise, I fell off the deep end today. :monkey3

I bought an Accelerator Suit Duke and I love it!
It's a $69.99 figure and otherwise and wouldn't
have been able to buy it, but I had a gift card
burning a hole in my pocket and after I used it,
it brought the total price down to $19.00 and I
figured, get it now while:

a.) You want it. (you know, before the movie makes
you not want it anymore.) :rolleyes:

and

b.) It's cheap enough to be a good deal. :banana

Overall, I can't stop playing with it and I really like it.
I think $69.99 is too much to pay, but I recommend it
totally when they go on clearance! :whip

That Scarlett does look really good, I really like the pose too. I was originally going to pass on her, but might not now. Now I'll probably end up with the main team in their X-men suits. :banghead

What's wrong with all of us?

:huh

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/a1XoKxTiiDs&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/a1XoKxTiiDs&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>​

:p:p:p

Heads up for British Freaks,
These have hit TRU over here now :)
Just bought myself SE, SS, Baroness, Scarlett and Shipwreck!

Roll on 15:30 so's I can get home from work and play :lol

Cheers,
Doug

Thankfully they didn't have any today at my local US collector-friendly Wal-Mart so I didn't suffer through any temptation... Yet.

I found them at Target, and made the mistake of pressing the damn try me button on the accelerater suit toy. That loud obnoxious voice started bleating out of it with everyone looking at me, I couldn't shut the F'n thing up, I wanted to just strangle the freakin thing to just get it to shut up. :lol
Don't make the same mistake.

I did pick up two ROC figures, Desert Duke and the Baroness. These looked the most like the regular Joes and there's been a severe drought of Joes on the pegs lately, so I really wanted to pick them up.
Next I bought the exclusives Firefly and Barbecue from Toys R Us, pretty cool repaints of regular Joes.

I think next I'll pick up Shipwreck and "Deep Six" (Really a repaint of Torpedo). I want Shipwreck mostly for his mask as it better matches the mask on the upcoming Wetsuit.
This mask:
05.jpg

Matches much better then this one:
cobraisland08scaled600.jpg

Just noticed this guy on CTR:
GIJoeROCpitcommando.jpg

Look at all the helmets and masks this guy has, one of them is the Steel Brigade helmet!
I think I'll have to pick it up just for that.

I want Shipwreck mostly for his mask as it better matches the mask on the upcoming Wetsuit.

Hmm, no kiddin eh? Glad you brought that up, I guess I'll be buying a Shipwreck now. I was kind of on the fence regarding the blue/gray camo look, but you're right about that mask.

Anyway, got a total of FIVE ROC figures now. Normal SE, Trench Coat SE, Storm Shadow (w/mask), Baroness and Desert Duke (which is awesome, minus the painted weapons). I'm certain that I will pick up Destro and a few of the Neo-Vipers at some point, but I'm not going crazy with these things (yet?).

Back