The "I actually purchased ROC toys" thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
White Chicks....ugh.

This would scare me if I saw it...

white_chicks,0.jpg

I finally saw of these things in person. I have to say from a purely action figure standpoint they don't strike me as looking better than the 25th series. The proportions are good, but a lot of 25th proportions were only off because of the frankensteining.
The red haired one with the ponytail was particularly fugly. Oh and the vehicles are way to damn expensive.

I'll pick up some Neo Vipers, Cobra Commander, Snake Eyes, Storm Shadow, Heavy Duty because I have one black dude in my whole 3/4 inch collection. NEED SOME DIVERSTY!

I bought the Steel Crusher for my Marvel Universe Punisher and it is a nice vehicle. Punisher looks good sitting in it. As for the other ROC toys, I think I'll pass on them, A less I see something cool that can fit in with the 25th line or the Marvel line.

I ran into an end cap at Target last night. I am passing on this line completely. Only 1 Duke & 1 Breaker figure out of 30 or or so figures displayed. Very expensive vehicles & figures over $8 a pop.

Looking FW to these hitting the UK, has been ages since we could walk into a TRU and buy Joes.
Having said that, not looking FW to the £8 price tag for single figures :(

Cheers,
Doug

ok, i managed to hold out for a whole 3 days. i stopped at target today and bought storm shadow. target had almost all of them and for the most part they look ok. baroness and destro both tlook good as well as some of the different vipers.

Target has lowered the price on the basic figures down to $6.99. $7 seems fairly reasonable for these seeing as the 25th Joes were $8. And these all come with those massive rocket launchers that have to add at least a buck to their price. Even not counting that they are now a $1 less anyway.

I picked up "normal" Snake Eyes and the Neo-Viper today at the "new low price" at Target. Snake Eyes is a fantastic figure. Dare I say one of the best Snake Eyes at this scale despite the mouth. The articulation on him is wonder and superior to any Snake Eyes I have in this scale. He can even hold his sword with two hands!

The Neo-viiper is a nice figure. Not sure he's worth army building though. Maybe just 2 to flank the Baroness?

These things are like crack. I'm surprised how hard I'm finding it to resist these guys. I keep telling myself no more - need cash for comic-con. So I just end up buying one or two figures at a time :lol

As much as I'm not liking the way the movie is looking, I have to admit these are fun toys. I think this line will actually do quite well, even if the movie doesn't.

dsc01153p.jpg

Crap! Now I'm actually tempted to get Storm Shadow just so Snake Eyes has someone to cross swords with.

Last edited:
I know! I haven't had this much fun with a toy line in years. And I've been preaching to my family how horrible the film is, so I almost want to hide the figures from them too :lol

So far, at least I've stuck with the "big bad guys," Snake Eyes, and that one Neo-viper. Now Storm Shadow (masked version) and Zartan are looking appealing :banghead

I know I'm going to get the Doctor when he comes out and the SDCC Destro 2 pack (anyone know the second figure? I know one is Destro unmasked in a suit, but haven't heard what the other is). So I'm slipping fast! :eek:

I know! I haven't had this much fun with a toy line in years. And I've been preaching to my family how horrible the film is, so I almost want to hide the figures from them too :lol

So far, at least I've stuck with the "big bad guys," Snake Eyes, and that one Neo-viper. Now Storm Shadow (masked version) and Zartan are looking appealing :banghead

I know I'm going to get the Doctor when he comes out and the SDCC Destro 2 pack (anyone know the second figure? I know one is Destro unmasked in a suit, but haven't heard what the other is). So I'm slipping fast! :eek:

I like Zartan in his comic/cartoon look, in these toys it seems goofy. Especially since he is the master of disguise and his alt head is a hat.....guess its like clark kent's glasses

These things are like crack. I'm surprised how hard I'm finding it to resist these guys. I keep telling myself no more - need cash for comic-con. So I just end up buying one or two figures at a time :lol

Oh man, thanks 'Munch, I thought I was the only one. :lol

I keep telling my friend as I buy more figures,
"Yeah, I know the movie will suck, but I still
like the figures simply because it's G.I. Joe."

Oh, the eye rolls I get in response. :rolleyes:

I'm actually starting to warm up to the idea of
seeing the (gasp!) movie. As that first
Colonist survivor they find in ALIENS said,
"Kill...me...." :horror

Took a quick picture of my new Snake Eyes figure. Really like this little guy, just cant find a spot to put the guns and knife.

201_0608.jpg

I'm really liking that Trenchcoat Snake Eyes. Probably going to end up picking him up too :rolleyes:

I just need to keep reminding myself to hold off now until after SDCC. All these will be easy to find I think.

Oh, and Zartan's heads are more different than just a hat. The unhatted heat has yellow markings in the shape the black markings are in Zartan's traditonal looks. Not sure what is up with that.

Back