The "I actually purchased ROC toys" thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm tempted to buy a CC just to rip off that stupid mask and see what the figure looks like underneath! lol In other news, I stopped of at 7-11 and picked up a couple of "liquid artillery" slurpees with the lenticular cups for my kids and I.

It isn't removable without breaking it. Its glued on. I tried. That was half my reason to buy him too. But it just looks like there are sculpted eyes and really nothing else aside from the burnt texture.

Gus, CoolToyReview has some good pics of a lot of the figures.

I went to Wal-Mart this morning for some groceries and I actually went to the toy section to see if they had any G.I. Joe movie stuff, just out of morbid curiosity.

Not only did they not have any movie stuff, they hardly had any Joe stuff at all.

Are all of these characters actually going to be in the movie, or is this just a stunt to sell lots of toys? There were several characters at Target that I had never heard off.

Stunt to sell lots of toys.

I think the only character not in the trailers but will be in the film is Cobra Commander. Maybe a few other background guys/troopers too. But Shipwreck isn't in it for example (as far as I know anyway).

While my Target didn't have a lot of the major characters (CC, SE, Storm, Destro, Baronness, etc.), there were enough to get the sense that the RoC figures are clearly suffering from the same shoddy production quality as the Indy line. Scarlett was a disaster to look at. Cover Girl looks generic, but a well-done kind of generic.

What I found funny is that TRU has a kids' Snake Eyes role-play costume with cloth/spandex mask without a sculpted mouth!! :lol :lol It looks more like Classic SE than the bastardized RoC version!!

The reason you probably didn't see those major characters is because they look to be the best of the line. The CC I picked up is actually a well done figure, but again, terrible for a cobra commander. Baroness looks to be a great figure, if I could just find her now.

Are all of these characters actually going to be in the movie, or is this just a stunt to sell lots of toys? There were several characters at Target that I had never heard off.

Hasbro did the same thing with the Transformers movie toys. There was a bunch of retooled/repainted older stuff from Armada/Energon/etc. that they added to the mix as "off camera characters" to sell more toys. It sounds rediculous, but I'm sure it brought a lot of cash for the H-Empire.

It isn't removable without breaking it. Its glued on. I tried. That was half my reason to buy him too. But it just looks like there are sculpted eyes and really nothing else aside from the burnt texture.

The 12" version has a removable mask and
here is what he looks like under the mask.

Brace yourself... (cough, Freddy Krueger, cough) :horror

Something to note: His mask on the back of
the package is actually a bit different than
the one packaged. :gun

I'm tempted to buy a CC just to rip off that stupid mask and see what the figure looks like underneath! lol In other news, I stopped of at 7-11 and picked up a couple of "liquid artillery" slurpees with the lenticular cups for my kids and I.

Sorry to say, its just another Vagina underneath a Vagina

While my Target didn't have a lot of the major characters (CC, SE, Storm, Destro, Baronness, etc.), there were enough to get the sense that the RoC figures are clearly suffering from the same shoddy production quality as the Indy line. Scarlett was a disaster to look at. Cover Girl looks generic, but a well-done kind of generic.

What I found funny is that TRU has a kids' Snake Eyes role-play costume with cloth/spandex mask without a sculpted mouth!! :lol :lol It looks more like Classic SE than the bastardized RoC version!!

Yeah the Paris Pursuit Snake Eyes does not have a sculpted mouth either and just looks like a really kick ass Snake Eyes with timber.

has17402.jpg

Gentlemen, this is not a drill...
we may have a confirmed ManBearPig
sighting...repeat, this is not a drill.

:horror

:D

The 12" version has a removable mask and
here is what he looks like under the mask.

Brace yourself... (cough, Freddy Krueger, cough) :horror

Something to note: His mask on the back of
the package is actually a bit different than
the one packaged. :gun

:horror DEADPOOL! Zomg!

I want it!

:horror DEADPOOL! Zomg!

I want it!

You are so right, CelticP, he DOES look
like Deadpool! I found this one at a Target
for $14.99 and I really like it. As Buttmunch
said, it's definately not Cobra Commander,
but as an action figure, he's pretty cool. :whip

Sweet! Thanks. I'll be on the look out. That coat could come in handy too. As would the mask.

The reason you probably didn't see those major characters is because they look to be the best of the line. The CC I picked up is actually a well done figure, but again, terrible for a cobra commander. Baroness looks to be a great figure, if I could just find her now.

Or because I think they're in different case assortments. I think my Target just got the initial cases w/o "spoilerific" figures. But even based on pics I saw at Cool Toy Review, I'm not impressed by many of them--just like the movie! :lol

Sweet! Thanks. I'll be on the look out. That coat could come in handy too. As would the mask.

Oh, for the record, the coat really isn't that
great. It's pretty thin and I was considering
trying to find a replacement, but you still
might like it. ;)

Happy hunting, CelticP! :D

Back