The Hunger Games

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I see a difference between being remorseless and revelling in wanton bloodlust, gloating about the kills.
Anyway, I just saw it as a cop-out so the main character didn't have to be conflicted about killing the other competitors in order to survive. It was too black and white for me.

I suppose gloating and making a show of your kills could get you more attention from a certain fan base.

...and attention gets you sponsors, and sponsors can help you live longer! Sponsors. Sponsor. Sponsors.

Then you're kind of missing the point of them being careers and the bad guys in the arena. :slap

You can shrug your shoulders and slap your face all you want. I understand the concept, I simply think it could have been written better.

Moving on.

Movie was alright. Without the mass hysteria, this would have been a $45 million dollar opening weekend movie. I thought they would make more use of Katniss' skills as a hunter and archer. She could have taken them all out one by one at the middle of the movie.
All this hype for nothing, and I agree John Carter was better.

I'm not sure what's missing from her moral conflict that makes it poorly written (or atleast, with room for improvement). I thought the extent of her confllict with being forced to kill the others came through loud and clear. I guess it depends on what you're looking for.

I'm not sure what's missing from her moral conflict that makes it poorly written (or atleast, with room for improvement). I thought the extent of her confllict with being forced to kill the others came through loud and clear. I guess it depends on what you're looking for.

Yeah, must be looking for something totally different from most of us.

Agreed. It's a hard concept for some of us to grasp...we don't live in Katniss' world.

Some people just love to complain for the sake of complaining. They're not happy unless they're _____ing about something. :lol

Right being born into her world would give a clearer perspective for those who aren't getting it.

:exactly: to the second part

Book Spoiler.
Spoiler Spoiler:

I saw the movie and was actually very bored with it. It took forever to get going and once it did nothing really happened. No real drama or interesting characters.

The Running Man and Surviving the Game are much better similar movies in my opinion.

Ok, I just got back. I'll give it a 7/10. The books were much better (or course most are) and the bouncy camera got to me a couple times and I had to look away for a bit. They left out / changed some things that kind of bugged me (who gave her the pin, she found water way too fast, most of the pre-games stuff) and it would have been much better with Katniss's naration like the books but overall I enjoyed it and I look forward to the next one.... I just hope they fix that camera... UGH

I'm so glad this movie is still going strong. Since Harry potter we need a good franchise like this.

Saw it finally. Not as many times as my daughter though.

7/10

[ame]https://youtu.be/SO1ql04Vmh8[/ame]

I forgot there was even a thread on this. I didn't really care for the film, didn't hate it, in fact there were things I liked but IMHO it was a poorly done adaptation. It required to have read the actual book before really being able to understand what was going on and that is the mark of a bad film. A movie (that isn't a sequel) shouldn't have a prerequisite walking in. Not to mention that in talking with a few friends who hadn't seen the film but read the books there was a lot of important connections left out (most likely due to time) and a lot that was easily misconstrued to mean or indicate something it shouldn't have.

I'm noticing the people who had and liked the book really love it, mainly because they fill in the blanks on their own whereas folks who didn't seem fairly meh about it. I guess we still have to spoiler since people are still seeing it but my problems mainly were (it's long so if you don't care you might as well avoid):

Spoiler Spoiler:

Don't think you could be more wrong if you tried Mike on most points. Maybe this story and series just isn't for you. :dunno

I forgot there was even a thread on this. I didn't really care for the film, didn't hate it, in fact there were things I liked but IMHO it was a poorly done adaptation. It required to have read the actual book before really being able to understand what was going on and that is the mark of a bad film. A movie (that isn't a sequel) shouldn't have a prerequisite walking in. Not to mention that in talking with a few friends who hadn't seen the film but read the books there was a lot of important connections left out (most likely due to time) and a lot that was easily misconstrued to mean or indicate something it shouldn't have.

I'm noticing the people who had and liked the book really love it, mainly because they fill in the blanks on their own whereas folks who didn't seem fairly meh about it. I guess we still have to spoiler since people are still seeing it but my problems mainly were (it's long so if you don't care you might as well avoid):

I'll leave my replies in the spoliers.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Back