The Hottoycast: The new High-End Collectable Podcast

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
tis a good show boys. i like how there is no slagging

Spouting hate and getting aggressive about a toy makes no scene to me whatsoever. But I know some folks like that stuff so horses for courses I guess.

Loved the pod cast! But Eamon I think you'll need to increase the volume of your mic, can be a little hard to hear you at times.
How about a discussion on the new hot toys prices and how it's affected your purchase decisions?
Since hot toys is pretty much on their A game now, ( I really don't see them improving or revising anymore of the newer figures ) do you think they'll stop with the re-releases? Has re-releases hurt the secondary market?
What about their broken promises? I.e. releasing news of new figures to be released late 2012 but not even a pre-order or teaser pics available till now?

(Been a while so if those topics have been mentioned before, my bad!)

I know my voice track is a issue. Not sure why that is as on the other podcast I sound fine.
I will try to fix that though as I know it can be annoying having a low voice in amongst such boomy voices.

Really looking forward to today's recording of The Hottoycast.
This week we are joined by Big Chief's chief discussing all things 1:6 collectables and their fine Dr.Who line.

11thbcfinal2-400x533.jpg

Great episode gentlemen. Really enjoyed the interview with big chief co-creator, great insight to why prices are so high for the quality we collectors have come to expect. I will follow their company's progress with great interest.

Keep up the great work:hi5:

Finally got a chance to listen to it. Great! Maybe your best one yet!

And the Big Chief Studios guy--Mark Andrews(?) totally won me over. He really cares about creating great 1/6 figures. I wish him nothing but great success, and I hope he gets to do all his dream licenses!

Finally got a chance to listen to it. Great! Maybe your best one yet!

And the Big Chief Studios guy--Mark Andrews(?) totally won me over. He really cares about creating great 1/6 figures. I wish him nothing but great success, and I hope he gets to do all his dream licenses!

Yeah, I agree, it was our best one so far I think.

We are in talks to get more interesting guests on the show.

We have been very pleased to learn that many interesting and relevant people listen to the podcast and we hope to get them on over the coming episodes.

Go to the offices and get an interview with Howard and an interpreter.

I would chip in a fiver towards the air fare for that to happen.

Back