The " HOT TOYS, I WANT A PEGGY CARTER FIGURE" petition thread! :)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good point, I'm beginning to think that HT isn't a fan of making female characters, with the exception of Black Widow. Its very disappointing

Yeah, it sucks :(

At least we know we will get another Black Widow for Avengers 2 :lol
I am also confident we will get a Wonder Woman from Batman vs Superman and also a Scarlet Witch from Avengers 2 too. Hopefully Sharon Carter has a lead role in Cap 3 so they will make her as well :pray:

Yeah, it sucks :(

At least we know we will get another Black Widow for Avengers 2 :lol
I am also confident we will get a Wonder Woman from Batman vs Superman and also a Scarlet Witch from Avengers 2 too. Hopefully Sharon Carter has a lead role in Cap 3 so they will make her as well :pray:

I did not like her in TWS.... so ehhh! Pointless, was her character a defective Life model decoy that had no personality because then she nailed the role of 'emotionless robot'

I did not like her in TWS.... so ehhh! Pointless, was her character a defective Life model decoy that had no personality because then she nailed the role of 'emotionless robot'

Well in her defense, she is a SHIELD agent. According to Agent May in AOS they hide their emotions :p

I think it's too early to write Peggy off as a figure that's "never gonna happen", especially with her show just being announced as going to series.

I think she would do well for HT as an SSC exclusive like Coulson, at the very least.

Regardless of HT, it's nice seeing Marvel Studios recognize what an awesome actress and character they found with Hayley/Peggy, so much so that they're building a series around her as the star. I hope they also use those guts to make a Black Widow movie. The character deserves it.

I can't say I'm all that interested in Steve/Sharon in Cap 3. I like Emily Van Camp, but I don't really care much for Steve/Sharon on paper from the get go. Steve/Peggy made such a strong impression in TFA, it's going to be hard for me to swallow Steve/Sharon with her being a relative of Peggy. I'd rather they concentrate on Steve finding and dealing with Bucky, frankly. Steve and Bucky should be the focal relationship. And without a lot of time to make Steve/Sharon work successfully, I feel like Sharon might come across as the obligatory replacement Peggy - with the added "weird" factor of being a direct relation. The writing (and the chemistry) is gonna have to be stellar for me to buy it.

I LOVE May. She's been one of my favorites since the show started (it took me a while to warm up to Simmons and Fitz). I would buy an HT May to put with Coulson in a heartbeat.

I think it's too early to write Peggy off as a figure that's "never gonna happen", especially with her show just being announced as going to series.

I think she would do well for HT as an SSC exclusive like Coulson, at the very least.

Regardless of HT, it's nice seeing Marvel Studios recognize what an awesome actress and character they found with Hayley/Peggy, so much so that they're building a series around her as the star. I hope they also use those guts to make a Black Widow movie. The character deserves it.

I can't say I'm all that interested in Steve/Sharon in Cap 3. I like Emily Van Camp, but I don't really care much for Steve/Sharon on paper from the get go. Steve/Peggy made such a strong impression in TFA, it's going to be hard for me to swallow Steve/Sharon with her being a relative of Peggy. I'd rather they concentrate on Steve finding and dealing with Bucky, frankly. Steve and Bucky should be the focal relationship. And without a lot of time to make Steve/Sharon work successfully, I feel like Sharon might come across as the obligatory replacement Peggy - with the added "weird" factor of being a direct relation. The writing (and the chemistry) is gonna have to be stellar for me to buy it.

and it's not off to a great start, tbh Hill had more chemistry with cap than Sharon did in TWS, I could get on board to the Steve/Sharon romance but not with Emily Van Camp.

I'm 100% for a Peggy action figure and I really do hope we get one.

I don't think Sharon had enough to do in Cap 2 but I do like the actress more than most of the other Marvel females so I hope she gets an expanded role in the future.

Some very good points there. Agree that the Steve/Bucky relationship should be the main focus of the next Cap film - looking forward to seeing that pan out.

Some very good points there. Agree that the Steve/Bucky relationship should be the main focus of the next Cap film - looking forward to seeing that pan out.

Oh yeah I'm sure it will be, but if they keep Van Camp on I could see her having a bigger role in 3 and maybe they'll drop Widow

I think the issue is that since Avengers people really want a bigger roster of characters made now. Like after Thor 1 came out, you didn't see petitions for Sif, even though she was great. I think just back then people expected just the top 1 or 2, once in a while 3 characters from a movie to be made. They didn't even make Loki 1, although he was planned.

Look at X-Men, a HUGE franchise....all they have made is Wolverine. No other males or females.

For females they have made: Babydoll - Sucker Punch, Amber - Sucker Punch, Alice from Resident Evil, Sarah Connor, Abigail Whistler, Silken Floss, Silk Spectre, IM2 Black Widow, and Angelica from Pirates, plus a few game females like Ada Wong, Jill Valentine and The Boss. Then there is TDKR Catwoman and Avengers Black Widow with Winter Soldier Black Widow coming soon. And they teased Elizabeth Shaw from Prometheus, but there has been delays. Am I missing any?

TDK Trilogy was one of their biggest franchises, I dont think anyone expected a Rachel Dawes? Or Talia? Although I wish there was :)

I think there are 5 key females they have missed so far from all the movies they made:

Faora
Peggy Carter
Pepper
Maria Hill
Sif

66 Batman is too new and who knows if they will make any more characters. Pfeiffer Catwoman is a character people talk about a lot, and she would be AMAZING, but they are going to have to make Batman first.

I hope atleast 1 of them gets made at some point, Faora being my #1 probably of any figure and then Elizabeth Shaw. Peggy Carter would be 3rd for me, but not far behind. Can't wait for her TV show!!! :)

Last edited:
I think the issue is that since Avengers people really want a bigger roster of characters made now. Like after Thor 1 came out, you didn't see petitions for Sif, even though she was great. I think just back then people expected just the top 1 or 2, once in a while 3 characters from a movie to be made. They didn't even make Loki 1, although he was planned.

Look at X-Men, a HUGE franchise....all they have made is Wolverine. No other males or females.

For females they have made: Babydoll - Sucker Punch, Amber - Sucker Punch, Alice from Resident Evil, Sarah Connor, Abigail Whistler, Silken Floss, Silk Spectre, IM2 Black Widow, and Angelica from Pirates, plus a few game females like Ada Wong, Jill Valentine and The Boss. Then there is TDKR Catwoman and Avengers Black Widow with Winter Soldier Black Widow coming soon. And they teased Elizabeth Shaw from Prometheus, but there has been delays. Am I missing any?

TDK Trilogy was one of their biggest franchises, I dont think anyone expected a Rachel Dawes? Or Talia? Although I wish there was :)

I think there are 5 key females they have missed so far from all the movies they made:

Faora
Peggy Carter
Pepper
Maria Hill
Sif

66 Batman is too new and who knows if they will make any more characters. Pfeiffer Catwoman is a character people talk about a lot, and she would be AMAZING, but they are going to have to make Batman first.

I hope atleast 1 of them gets made at some point, Faora being my #1 probably of any figure and then Elizabeth Shaw. Peggy Carter would be 3rd for me, but not far behind. Can't wait for her TV show!!! :)

Yeah but just the one Female from the MCU, and four of those that havent been made are in the MCU, Pepper has been in four movies, still no figure, Peggy has only been in two but now has her own series, Maria Hill was at least a part of the Avengers and was on the TV show, and then Sif was on AOU and 2 Thor movies, OK so maybe Pepper deserves a figure more than the rest but I won't stop voicing my desire to get the rest made also!

Yeah but just the one Female from the MCU, and four of those that havent been made are in the MCU, Pepper has been in four movies, still no figure, Peggy has only been in two but now has her own series, Maria Hill was at least a part of the Avengers and was on the TV show, and then Sif was on AOU and 2 Thor movies, OK so maybe Pepper deserves a figure more than the rest but I won't stop voicing my desire to get the rest made also!

Yah, same with DC, theres only been 1....TDKR Catwoman. Jean Grey deserves a figure just as much as anyone, but they only made 1 X-Men figure so far. Even Rogue is just as important character as Maria Hill, Sif, and Pepper. None of us know why they choose to make certain ones and not others, but I just think it has to be difficult to make everyone within a reasonable amount of time, get approval, and manufacture. These 1/6 figures take a lot of time. I would love to see all these figures just as much as anyone, but I just see it as they just can't make everyone.

Yah, same with DC, theres only been 1....TDKR Catwoman. Jean Grey deserves a figure just as much as anyone, but they only made 1 X-Men figure so far. Even Rogue is just as important character as Maria Hill, Sif, and Pepper. None of us know why they choose to make certain ones and not others, but I just think it has to be difficult to make everyone within a reasonable amount of time, get approval, and manufacture. These 1/6 figures take a lot of time. I would love to see all these figures just as much as anyone, but I just see it as they just can't make everyone.

Yeah it would be great if HT had a forum or something, or we took a poll among our 25K+ members to determine the most wanted figure and then sent it to them, I wonder would they listen?

Rogue and Jean Grey weren't gonna be made because the Singer movies predates HT's dive into all of the comic properties. At the point in which HT started making more comic film figures the X-Men movie franchise was kind of on the decline. Wolverine's the only character we've gotten, probably because they think he's the only character that will sell - but there are plenty of main X-Men characters, both female and male, they've not made. The movie franchise has been struggling since the bad taste X3 left in peoples' mouths. I don't think the X-Men characters make a good comparison, not like the Nolan Batman series or the MCU, in which HT has done supporting characters and villains.....a wider variety of characters, because the franchises have been so successful.

I think we absolutely would get a Pepper or Maria Hill or a Peggy Carter or a Sif before Rogue and Jean, given where the franchises are at the moment.

Last edited:
Yeah it would be great if HT had a forum or something, or we took a poll among our 25K+ members to determine the most wanted figure and then sent it to them, I wonder would they listen?

LoL. yah. I personally don't think they pay that much attention to fan reaction as far as "wants" and "design alterations". I think that is more up to them and the licensor. A lot of people think if they complain enough they will change things. But from what I've seen, its usually the licensor that needs to give them feedback and approval. A lot of licenses have been delayed because of this, and some cancelled. Others will disagree with me and think complaining will change things.

Maybe someday they will ask fans to vote for character. It would be a fun way for them to interact with the fans. :)

I'm an easy man to please; I can live without a figure as long as I get my own 1:1 Hayley Atwell to compensate. Seems a reasonable trade, no?

Back