The " HOT TOYS, I WANT A PEGGY CARTER FIGURE" petition thread! :)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rogue and Jean Grey weren't gonna be made because the Singer movies predates HT's dive into all of the comic properties. At the point in which HT started making more comic film figures the X-Men movie franchise was kind of on the decline. Wolverine's the only character we've gotten, probably because they think he's the only character that will sell - but there are plenty of main X-Men characters, both female and male, they've not made. The movie franchise has been struggling since the bad taste X3 left in peoples' mouths. I don't think the X-Men characters make a good comparison, not like the Nolan Batman series or the MCU, in which HT has done supporting characters and villains.....a wider variety of characters, because the franchises have been so successful.

I think we absolutely would get a Pepper or Maria Hill or a Peggy Carter or a Sif before Rogue and Jean, given where the franchises are at the moment.

yes I agree. Thats sort of what I meant in my 1st post about they were only really making 1-2 from a single movie until TDK Trilogy and then IM2. I just think a lot of it has to do with how much time it takes to make each but they also who they want to make. A lot would argue why waste time making Lone Ranger, or Angelica from Pirates, but in the end they make who they want to make with the license they have, and who they have time for. I wouldn't be shocked if there are characters they attempted that never saw the light of day that none of us know about. And licensing approval can be a cause of that.

I wonder if Marvel Studios and whoever they deal with at DC/Warner Bros for TDK Trilogy were just easier and quicker to deal with over the other films? Seems that way.

But as far as Peggy, Pepper, Maria Hill, Its hard to know what they will do. All we know is Pepper's been mentioned in a few interviews.

Some people were also saying they think HTs doesn't like making females, but I really don't see it that way. They never made Ras al Ghul and he was really the big villain from TDK Trilogy. And there were a lot of people making custom versions of him, so there is clearly a demand. But I think it just comes down to 3 things, time, license, and $$.

Now if they don't make Wonder Woman for the upcoming Batman v Superman, now that will be a travesty :lol

yes I agree. Thats sort of what I meant in my 1st post about they were only really making 1-2 from a single movie until TDK Trilogy and then IM2. I just think a lot of it has to do with how much time it takes to make each but they also who they want to make. A lot would argue why waste time making Lone Ranger, or Angelica from Pirates, but in the end they make who they want to make with the license they have, and who they have time for. I wouldn't be shocked if there are characters they attempted that never saw the light of day that none of us know about. And licensing approval can be a cause of that.

I wonder if Marvel Studios and whoever they deal with at DC/Warner Bros for TDK Trilogy were just easier and quicker to deal with over the other films? Seems that way.

But as far as Peggy, Pepper, Maria Hill, Its hard to know what they will do. All we know is Pepper's been mentioned in a few interviews.

Some people were also saying they think HTs doesn't like making females, but I really don't see it that way.

I'm sure whether the franchise/movie is a hit, a flop, a disappointment, etc, plays into it. I think Lone Ranger was expected to be a decent enough hit, at least. They marketed it like a western POTC and focused on Depp. Tonto was made first most likely because of Depp. Ranger's up in the air, however, most likely because by the time they were working on him, it was apparent the movie was a flop.

It could be combination of licensing, the length of time to make a figure, and how well the movie is received.

The MCU sequels are improving box office wise on the first Phase 1 solo outings.... There's no surprise to me that they've made so many figures from those two franchises. It's worth it to them to pursue them.

I do think female characters are not made as much due to them not being seen as big moneymakers. Same with the movies themselves. I think it goes back to the comics and how it was seen as a "male" thing for so long.... That's why I'm so excited that Marvel's making Agent Carter and why I'm hoping they will make a Black Widow movie. As a female it would be awesome to see strong female characters getting their due, just like the guys.

I'm sure whether the franchise/movie is a hit, a flop, a disappointment, etc, plays into it. I think Lone Ranger was expected to be a decent enough hit, at least. They marketed it like a western POTC and focused on Depp. Tonto was made first most likely because of Depp. Ranger's up in the air, however, most likely because by the time they were working on him, it was apparent the movie was a flop.

It could be combination of licensing, the length of time to make a figure, and how well the movie is received.

The MCU sequels are improving box office wise on the first Phase 1 solo outings.... There's no surprise to me that they've made so many figures from those two franchises. It's worth it to them to pursue them.

I do think female characters are not made as much due to them not being seen as big moneymakers. Same with the movies themselves. I think it goes back to the comics and how it was seen as a "male" thing for so long.... That's why I'm so excited that Marvel's making Agent Carter and why I'm hoping they will make a Black Widow movie. As a female it would be awesome to see strong female characters getting their due, just like the guys.
10,000% agree!!!!! BW is one of my favorite comic book characters overall. I've read a lot of her stuff and she's been great through all the movies. :)

Possibly females aren't made as much due to what are $$$ makers, and there hasnt been a solo female focused movie yet like Wonder Woman, or Black Widow that has been on the level of the other films. But I think they are coming really soon. Long overdue.

Then the question is what male characters are on the same character level as Pepper, Peggy, Maria, and Sif but the males were made?
TDK has Alfred coming out soon in the Armory set, you could say Pepper is kind of like IMs Alfred. So she is definitely due.
Maria and Sif are a level below Coulson. Could they go on the level of Scarecrow? There hasn't been a John Blake or Lucious Fox yet.
Peggy I would put a level below Catwoman and Black Widow, and even Commish Gordon, but now with a TV Show for her, she may now be on their level. Again no John Blake or Lucious Fox...You could say Peggy is around their level.
Faora I would put on the level of The Mandarin, but I really think she is hugely important. Plus she has an amazing outfit which would be right up HTs ally and challenge to design her outfit 1/6 scale. She would just be a really impressive toy.

One thing they have to consider too is these are toys and need to have a fun factor. A lot of people complain Bruce Banner is boring because its just a guy in a suit, but he is a main character and a very iconic name. Would people complain about Pepper being too boring if she was just in a really nice business outfit? Not sure? But I dont see too many complaints about Alfred or Bruce Wayne being just guys in suits because you can get them with the Armory. So it would be great if Pepper came with something, like something from Tony's tech or she could be in the armor and we just get her headsculpt?

Peggy in her military outfit with a few guns and weapons is all she needs. She would make a really nice figure. Or she could even come with an unpainted Cap shield from First Avenger.

just some thoughts... :)

Would love her in her military dress?? showing some leg, but her battle outfit at the end is cool too, and they already have the machine gun she was using w/ TFA Cap so just use the spare parts for that... heh Doubt they'd make her in the red dress, but if the figure is made, I'm sure some other 2ndary company will make it. Unpainted Cap shield w/ colt 1911 (I think that's what she picked up to fire...) are easy adds too since they have those made already.

Probably the worst time to bump this right now... lol but I want to keep it fresh in case someone happens to know someone who knows someone who works at HT sees it and spreads the word... :pray:

Would love her in her military dress?? showing some leg, but her battle outfit at the end is cool too, and they already have the machine gun she was using w/ TFA Cap so just use the spare parts for that... heh Doubt they'd make her in the red dress, but if the figure is made, I'm sure some other 2ndary company will make it. Unpainted Cap shield w/ colt 1911 (I think that's what she picked up to fire...) are easy adds too since they have those made already.

Probably the worst time to bump this right now... lol but I want to keep it fresh in case someone happens to know someone who knows someone who works at HT sees it and spreads the word... :pray:

Never a bad time to bump this thread, i want a peggy
and yes 1911 is what she use, nice weapon I have two airsoft ones

^^^ Nice! Gas blowback?

Haha, I was worried given what was happening over at the Heimdall thread... lol :lol

^^^ Nice! Gas blowback?

Haha, I was worried given what was happening over at the Heimdall thread... lol :lol

Yeah Gas Blowback, I'm not really into the co2 or spring stuff
I have 4 good blowback pistols and it's all I need, pistols anyway
2x Colt 1911's
USP .45 Metal
Sig Sauer P226

Nice! I only have a KWA M9. What brands do you have? I've always wanted a Sig Sauer and the KWA 1911 mk3 or 4.

And so we don't go too :offtopic: here, lol
captain-america-hayley-atwell-600x399.jpg

Nice! I only have a KWA M9. What brands do you have? I've always wanted a Sig Sauer and the KWA 1911 mk3 or 4.

Hey the M9 from KWA is a serious piece, I like that one
My Colts are Tokyo Marui, with brown grips, I like the classic look
and if your out of ammo just do this:
tumblr_inline_mpo2tjwCJ31qz4rgp.gif

captain-america-hayley-atwell-600x399.jpg

Hey the M9 from KWA is a serious piece, I like that one
My Colts are Tokyo Marui, with brown grips, I like the classic look
and if your out of ammo just do this:
tumblr_inline_mpo2tjwCJ31qz4rgp.gif

Just jumping in here, but I do have KWA's 1911 Mark II with the alternate grip and its a wonderful piece and the under barrel rail adds the option of my laser flashlight.
I also got KWA's fullmetal M16 which is still stock.

Gonna try and look badass like Peggy here :lol

rava4ube.jpg

^^^ Awesome. Do you have a link to both? The 1911s are practically all sold out where I usually get mine. Full Metal M16 would be nice to get too!

^^^ Awesome. Do you have a link to both? The 1911s are practically all sold out where I usually get mine. Full Metal M16 would be nice to get too!

There's actually a shop the next island over here in Hawaii thats sells nothing but airsoft and has a full CQB arena in the back that I got mine from, so all locally bought im afraid.

The KWA M16s are hard to find, I don't think they make them anymore and they only had 2 other 1911s. Next time I visit i can check in for you and see if they ship

There's actually a shop the next island over here in Hawaii thats sells nothing but airsoft and has a full CQB arena in the back that I got mine from, so all locally bought im afraid.

The KWA M16s are hard to find, I don't think they make them anymore and they only had 2 other 1911s. Next time I visit i can check in for you and see if they ship

That would be awesome, thank you! :hi5:

Back