The " HOT TOYS, I WANT A FAORA" petition thread! :)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Honestly ... I don't get the hype for Faora. Is it because she's a chick? As henchmen go, she was good enough. Put up a good fight. Better than, say Bane's henchman on TDKR ... or Bob from Batman '89.

I can't see myself spending $200+ on a HT figure of her, though. She's certainly not in the league of Russell Crowe's sidekick on 3:10 to Yuma, or Oddjob from Goldfinger, etc.

SnakeDoc

I am not getting any figures from MOS but Faora (if they make her). I just thought she was a total badass (male or female) and really the best part of MOS.
I hope they bring her back in a future film.

^ This! :lecture

Faora is a must-buy figure for me. I don't care what uniform or head sculpt. Hot + badass = WIN. Don't let me down Hot Toys.

That whole Ihop scene says it all. It is very, very rare that movies show us a truly powerful female figure, and she was definitely that. Not only beautiful, but a total badass. There is nothing not to love about her.

What we usually get is more like the female love-interest from the second? Indiana Jones movie: whining, wailing and ******ing her way through the whole movie. Faora's above that, she's not a stereotype but as powerful as a man. And lookin' great during the beat-downs.

p.s. She would tear Bane from TDKR in half without blinking.

So ... it is because she's a chick. Like I said. Fair enough.

I didn't say there was anything specifically "not to love" about her. I liked her fine. I just didn't find anything about her all that compelling. She was a fairly run-of-the-mill henchman that put up a pretty good fight. I've seen better.

Like you said ... she was fairly unique, as henchmen go, in that she was pretty, and she was a she. Though I would dispute the non-existence of "powerful women" in movies overall (hell, Lois Lane was as good an example in this very movie, and, incidentally, makes more sense to me for a HT release), they don't make very many appearances as henchmen outside of Bond flicks. Then again, pretty much the exact same character appeared in a Superman movie three decades ago -- despite the notable lack of clamoring for a HT Ursa figure -- so maybe not as groundbreaking as you'd think. Either way, "pretty" and "female" aren't character traits, they're demographics. Demographic uniqueness ain't much to go on.

Eh. Still seems like a small side-character that's been blown out of proportion. It'd be an easy pass.

SnakeDoc

Last edited:

I didn't say there was anything specifically "not to love" about her. I liked her fine. I just didn't find anything about her all that compelling. She was a fairly run-of-the-mill henchman that put up a pretty good fight. I've seen better.

Like you said ... she was fairly unique, as henchmen go, in that she was pretty, and she was a she. Though I would dispute the non-existence of "powerful women" in movies overall (hell, Lois Lane was as good an example in this very movie), they don't make very many appearances as henchmen outside of Bond flicks. Then again, pretty much the exact same character appeared in a Superman movie three decades ago ... so maybe not as unusual as you'd think. Either way, "pretty" and "female" aren't character traits, they're demographics. Demographic uniqueness ain't much to go on.

Eh. Still seems like a small side-character that's been blown out of proportion. It'd be an easy pass.

SnakeDoc

Not picking on you or anything :peace but who is better?
I thought she was as good (or evil) as anybody i have seen on screen lately. IMO she is right up there with the Joker or Loki

Last edited:
How do you NOT want this?
sweetFaora_zps9bfd7c4a.gif~original

Not picking on you or anything :peace but who is better?
I thought she was as good (or evil) as anybody i have seen on screen lately. IMO she is right up there with the Joker or Loki

Comparable to Joker and Loki? Come on. That's just ridiculous.

As for examples ... first that comes to mind is Charlie Prince from 3:10 to Yuma. Overshadowed Russell Crowe as the primary villain, and made Ben Foster the standout character in a movie starring Crowe and Bale. There are several Bond henchmen that are far more memorable, also to the point of overshadowing the primary villain ... Oddjob, Jaws, Xenia Onatopp, Red Grant, maybe a couple of others that aren't jumping to mind.

Other examples ... Mr. French from The Departed. Karl Urban from The Bourne Supremacy (not sure he had a name). Toht from Raiders of the Lost Ark. Darth Maul from TPM. Scarecrow from Batman Begins. Limehouse, Wynn Duffy, and Dickie Bennett from Justified (considering Boyd Crowder, Mags Bennett and Robert Quarles the primary villains). I'm sure there are others that haven't dawned on me.

I really didn't find Faora any more compelling or memorable than Ursa before her ... and I wasn't jonesing for an Ursa figure, either. In both cases it was Zod's show ... and neither chick sidekick stole it.

SnakeDoc

Gotcha, I was thinking more of recent comic book related villains but i understand what you are saying. It would be nice if HT took a chance and made Jaws and a few of the other ones you mentioned.

But I still want my Faora :impatient:

Comparable to Joker and Loki? Come on. That's just ridiculous.

As for examples ... first that comes to mind is Charlie Prince from 3:10 to Yuma. Overshadowed Russell Crowe as the primary villain, and made Ben Foster the standout character in a movie starring Crowe and Bale. There are several Bond henchmen that are far more memorable, also to the point of overshadowing the primary villain ... Oddjob, Jaws, Xenia Onatopp, Red Grant, maybe a couple of others that aren't jumping to mind.

Other examples ... Mr. French from The Departed. Karl Urban from The Bourne Supremacy (not sure he had a name). Toht from Raiders of the Lost Ark. Darth Maul from TPM. Scarecrow from Batman Begins. Limehouse, Wynn Duffy, and Dickie Bennett from Justified (considering Boyd Crowder, Mags Bennett and Robert Quarles the primary villains). I'm sure there are others that haven't dawned on me.

I really didn't find Faora any more compelling or memorable than Ursa before her ... and I wasn't jonesing for an Ursa figure, either. In both cases it was Zod's show ... and neither chick sidekick stole it.

SnakeDoc

You named scarecrow from batman begins which nullifies your entire post. Faora was way better then scare crow and this comes from someone who loves the tdk series.

Like you said ... she was fairly unique, as henchmen go, in that she was pretty, and she was a she. Though I would dispute the non-existence of "powerful women" in movies overall (hell, Lois Lane was as good an example in this very movie, and, incidentally, makes more sense to me for a HT release), they don't make very many appearances as henchmen outside of Bond flicks. Then again, pretty much the exact same character appeared in a Superman movie three decades ago -- despite the notable lack of clamoring for a HT Ursa figure -- so maybe not as groundbreaking as you'd think. Either way, "pretty" and "female" aren't character traits, they're demographics. Demographic uniqueness ain't much to go on.

SnakeDoc
Lois over Faora?? :cuckoo:

Lois was the weakest part of the whole movie IMO

Faora was good, but she may very well be the most overrated character of any comic book film ever. I'll never understand the extreme reactions toward her.

Faora was good, but she may very well be the most overrated character of any comic book film ever. I'll never understand the extreme reactions toward her.

It happens with characters sometimes. Look at boba fett. To me Faora had some of the best lines and fight scenes in any comic book movie. She just had a really cool presence about her that others loved too. I also love the kryptonian suits so I think would make a really amazing 1/6 figure. Zods figure is going to be a work of art with all that detailing in the armor. Faoras armor would also be amazing. Plus she is also beautiful so that helps as well. she was just an overall and awesome character and a key character to MoS :)

Overrated? I haven't heard anyone talk about her besides the few who do on these forums. She's pretty, kicks ***, wears cool looking armor, and has some memorable quotes. What's not to like? :dunno

Overrated? I haven't heard anyone talk about her besides the few who do on these forums. She's pretty, kicks ***, wears cool looking armor, and has some memorable quotes. What's not to like? :dunno

:exactly: people are like jealous because some can actually enjoy something.

Back