The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I picked up this variant today :)
Was going to give it to someone as a gift but I might just keep it :)

e2f777cb9216f856879a4ebbdcf24ec5.jpg

Sent from the Cockpit of the Millenium Falcon

It had its moments but it was quite a let down overall. I prefer Batman Begins if I had to choose a Nolan film but I'm more a fan of the Burton films.

And I'm not out to bash the Hobbit films; I'm genuinely gutted I didn't like them. I wanted to. I love LOTR but a lot of reviews recently have all hit upon the mistakes a lot of people are saying Jackson has made. I get the feeling that people here will defend them to the Nth degree and will even force themselves to like them because they can't face up to the idea that actually, they've been a let down.

I don't read reviews anymore. I see trailers and go pretty much by those. If I have hesitations, I just wait till they come out on DVD before I see them. I'm rarely disappointed that way and I am truly sorry you are.

The Hobbit was far from perfect, but I don't even TRY to compare it to LotR. You really can't. It's too bad Tolkien didn't do his re-writes before he passed. I would've loved to see what his vision would've been. I'm sure it would've been longer for one thing.

Damn. I tried picking up that Fellowship print with Gandalf and the Balrog but it sold out so quick. Then out of impulse I was going to buy the one you've linked, but it was also sold out. Now there are dozens of them on eBay for like $300+. [emoji34]

And I'm not out to bash the Hobbit films; I'm genuinely gutted I didn't like them. I wanted to. I love LOTR but a lot of reviews recently have all hit upon the mistakes a lot of people are saying Jackson has made. I get the feeling that people here will defend them to the Nth degree and will even force themselves to like them because they can't face up to the idea that actually, they've been a let down.

To be fair there have been lots of reviews that have praised not only this film but the other two. So while you feel those are correct there are folks like myself who feel the positive ones (who also mention some flaws) are correct. I don't think that's the case at all and if anything I'd say it's up the alley of the wonderful members of this board to bash something. I mean that's what a lot of this boar is good at. Speaking for myself I don't care what most people here think. I just don't think enough of most members here opinions to really care. I've seen this comment before when someone doesn't like something. Those that do like it are forcing themselves to do the opposite. Therr probably are a few but at the same time there are folks who make their mind up going in it will suck. Personally, I think these three films have been pretty damn good. I have my issues with them and I don't think they're as good as the LOTR films. I just never expected them to be.

**** those guys. They can keep their posters. They don't make enough and have ****** ass customer service. I'll stick with Jerry Vanderstelt who makes better stuff and is super fan friendly.

Last edited:
Damn. I tried picking up that Fellowship print with Gandalf and the Balrog but it sold out so quick. Then out of impulse I was going to buy the one you've linked, but it was also sold out. Now there are dozens of them on eBay for like $300+. [emoji34]

Yeah man then flippers kill it man. I saw a few for $400+. ****ed up thing is, the site didn't have it in the posters section but I got it through a link on Twitter through Justin Ishmael
**** those guys. They can keep their posters. They don't make enough and have shirty ass customer service. I'll stick with Jerry Vanderstelt who makes better stuff and is super fan friendly.
I've never had to deal with their cs. They don't always have good stuff. I only go for what I like and the ones I get are pretty nice. Only thing is I need to frame them, a LOT of them

I don't read reviews anymore. I see trailers and go pretty much by those. If I have hesitations, I just wait till they come out on DVD before I see them. I'm rarely disappointed that way and I am truly sorry you are.

The Hobbit was far from perfect, but I don't even TRY to compare it to LotR. You really can't. It's too bad Tolkien didn't do his re-writes before he passed. I would've loved to see what his vision would've been. I'm sure it would've been longer for one thing.

I do wish more people would ha e enjoyed these films the way I have. Would make it more fun to talk about.

Yeah, they're not perfect (I'd give the trilogy an 8.5/10) but I wouldn't give the LOTR Trilogy a perfect score either. It's fun to compare and a little but as a whole they're a fair amount differnt. The Hobbit had to grow up movie wise to start to get to where the LOTR films were. I will stand by people expected the same exact things in The Hobbit as they saw in LOTR. In someways these films were damned if they did or didn't from the start.

I've never had to deal with their cs. They don't always have good stuff. I only go for what I like and the ones I get are pretty nice. Only thing is I need to frame them, a LOT of them

They're just not fan friendly. That's why I don't even bother with them anymore. Congrats to those that can.

**** those guys. They can keep their posters. They don't make enough and have shirty ass customer service. I'll stick with Jerry Vanderstelt who makes better stuff and is super fan friendly.
What exactly do you mean by "those guys"? All the prints you see on Mondo are from a ton of different artists.

No, most of them aren't Vanderstelt quality, but there are some insanely detailed and uniquely-designed prints. This one for example, which I was trying to get earlier:

horkey-lotr-reg-full_new.jpg

Yeah man then flippers kill it man. I saw a few for $400+. ****ed up thing is, the site didn't have it in the posters section but I got it through a link on Twitter through Justin Ishmael
I did the same. I was just following Twitter for the sale announcement, but I guess I woke up too late at like 11 in the morning. I can't believe all 606 of the Fellowship prints were already sold out, as well as the 300+ variant versions. I bet 80% of them were bought by flippers.

Honestly though, that's got to be a great way to make money. I saw more than one of the Fellowship prints sell for over $500, not even the variant edition, just the regular.

I read it as shifty. Shows that I don't read each letter sometimes. I thought bypassing the filter was using #$%&@ and such.

They're just not fan friendly. That's why I don't even bother with them anymore. Congrats to those that can.
I know man, the flippers really screw it up for a lot of ppl man. I've gotten a few good ones over the years but it hasn't been easy. Can't wait to hang up my Spidey vs Ock print (I missed the variant but got the reg)
What exactly do you mean by "those guys"? All the prints you see on Mondo are from a ton of different artists.

No, most of them aren't Vanderstelt quality, but there are some insanely detailed and uniquely-designed prints. This one for example, which I was trying to get earlier:

horkey-lotr-reg-full_new.jpg

I did the same. I was just following Twitter for the sale announcement, but I guess I woke up too late at like 11 in the morning. I can't believe all 606 of the Fellowship prints were already sold out, as well as the 300+ variant versions. I bet 80% of them were bought by flippers.

Honestly though, that's got to be a great way to make money. I saw more than one of the Fellowship prints sell for over $500, not even the variant edition, just the regular.
That's crazy. I didn't try for those because I didn't want to spend so much on a print. Damn that's crazy that it went for so high. That's mental man. Maybe I'll try and pick one of the latter ones up if they look great.

I saw it today and LOVED it! It was nonstop and I was into this one MUCH more than part 2.

I would even say I liked it best of all of The Hobbit films and I loved the first one.

Back