The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bunch of new posters.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

The Hobbit in general is as good as LOTR.

I don't agree with that.

As a series of films, LOTR is better. As scripts, LOTR is better. From a technical/filmmaking stand point, LOTR is better. As an adaptation, LOTR is better. As far as performances go, LOTR is better. As far as material per pacing goes, LOTR is better. None of the Hobbit movies have been on LOTR's level, not even close. Look at your signature and avatar, there's classic iconography that immediately jumps out at you. Change it with Martin's Bilbo or any of the dwarves or elves and it would come off as generic.

I don't agree with that.

As a series of films, LOTR is better. As scripts, LOTR is better. From a technical/filmmaking stand point, LOTR is better. As an adaptation, LOTR is better. As far as performances go, LOTR is better. As far as material per pacing goes, LOTR is better. None of the Hobbit movies have been on LOTR's level, not even close. Look at your signature and avatar, there's classic iconography that immediately jumps out at you. Change it with Martin's Bilbo or any of the dwarves or elves and it would come off as generic.

You're more than welcomed to not agree. When I say what I said I approach it from The Hobbit films are as good at being The Hobbit as The Lord of the Rings films are at being The Lord of the Rings. If others disagree that's fine with me. I'm not losing sleep over it by anymeans.

Yeah, Its funny to see people noticing that. That being said Azog in armor looks freaking cool. :rock

I'll finally see DOS when the ex cut comes out in a few weeks. I was so disappointed as a whole with AUJ that I didn't see DOS in theaters. Hopefully it's a better film and makes me want to see Five Armies in the theater.

I'll finally see DOS when the ex cut comes out in a few weeks. I was so disappointed as a whole with AUJ that I didn't see DOS in theaters. Hopefully it's a better film and makes me want to see Five Armies in the theater.

**** yeah..... DOS is an awesome movie.... I always kick myself for not seeing it in the cinema.... much better than AUJ
I actually watched it a few days ago.... I heard the Extended cut is only an extra 13 minutes.... not much really

**** yeah..... DOS is an awesome movie.... I always kick myself for not seeing it in the cinema.... much better than AUJ
I actually watched it a few days ago.... I heard the Extended cut is only an extra 13 minutes.... not much really

Good to hear. I am looking fwd to seeing it. I'm generally an ex cut junkie so even for 13 min I waited to buy the blu ray until it's release. Almost there.

AUJ is fantastic, IMO. It was exactly what I was expecting as an adaptation of The Hobbit. The EE of it makes it an even better movie even if it only 13 mins. DOS is quite good as well but I did enjoy the EE of AUJ more. All that being said I am very much looking forward to seeing the EE based on what I've heard is added to it or seen that's been added.

You're more than welcomed to not agree. When I say what I said I approach it from The Hobbit films are as good at being The Hobbit as The Lord of the Rings films are at being The Lord of the Rings. If others disagree that's fine with me. I'm not losing sleep over it by anymeans.[/QUOTE]

:lol :lol :lol :lol

I prefer AUJ EE over DOS Theatrical as well.

Although i'll take the weakest of the LOTR over the best of the Hobbit.

Last edited:
DOS is my fav of the two, AUJ's first act is just way too long.

Gotta agree.

As much as I don't like these new Hobbit movies, I definitely enjoyed Desolation of Smaug over the first. The pacing was just better, even if some scenes were dragged out too long (looking at you barrel/Bombur). The only thing I liked about AUJ was the Riddles in the Dark scenes with Gollum and that sense of returning to Middle Earth in the first few minutes. I'm hoping this last one is better, but I don't have much faith. Gollum and Smaug have been the saving graces for each movie for me, without them and their first encounters, I'm not too optimistic.

I love all the LOTR extended editions, but I have no interest in seeing the Hobbit's. The theatrical versions were overstuffed as it is in my opinion. I don't need to see CGI dwarves bathing in an elvish pool or kid Bilbo.

DOS is my fav of the two, AUJ's first act is just way too long.

I really didn't care for the singing and dancing crap. First the Dwarves while at Bilbo's and then the Goblins......I despise musicals with extreme prejudice so those scenes drove me up a wall and seemed very childish to me. I also thought the 3 trolls were just stupid to the point of clownish and while I know they are in the book as well, in the movie it just came off as goofy to me.

Back