The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree. I'm excited to see what they add and of course take out. There are some changes (shortening the chase stuff a bit) that I'd like to see but as a whole I want slower moments like more time with Beorn. Seeing Smaug come to life was a pretty damn cool moment. In the end this Trilogy while not the level of LOTR has been a damn good set of films and deserving of being in the same universe.

More Beorn would definitely be welcome as well. I'm sad this trip will soon be ending, so in the meantime I'll take whatever extra they wanna give.

That's awesome, seeing Smaug on the big screen really did make me feel like a kid, more so even than any comic book movie ever has, maybe I 'over connected' but it really was one of those " this is happening and I'm getting to see it"

I can't think of a lot of stuff that has hit me like that as an adult.

I felt like that the first time I saw fellowship. I was in awe, amazed. couldn't believe my eyes.

I like the hobbit and I enjoy it but like Viggo was saying, the subtlety and the magic has been replaced by CGI

More Beorn would definitely be welcome as well. I'm sad this trip will soon be ending, so in the meantime I'll take whatever extra they wanna give.

I hear ya. For me it's been a long trip waiting from the last time I walked out of ROTK to the start of AUJ. When things started filming AUJ I thought to myself it's gonna take a long time until we get to the end of the last film, but that is this year. We still have the EE of it next year but it is sad that the end of first time in the theater Middle-earth films is happening this year.

i have to admit i was really disappointed in DOS. some stuff was great but by the time they reach lake-town i was ready to call it quits
If it wasn't because I wanted to see the dragon i dont know if i could keep going. If i watch the movie again i might skip the lake-town scenes.

and even the glorious smaug scenes went for too long. his conversation with bilbo was pretty amazing but when he kept chasing the dwarfs I was restless. the first time that one of these movies felt like a bitter sweet experience for me.

I do agree with DOS and the many chase scenes with Smaug but I think if we look at the bigger picture SPOILER.......would Smaug not be destroyed early in BOFA???

This trailer shoulda came out with the Godzilla film....at least a freakin teaser

This trailer shoulda came out with the Godzilla film....at least a freakin teaser

Most likely it will be attached to a WB film in either June/July since that seems to be the time period. That leaves us with Edge of Tomorrow (June 6) and Jupiter Ascending (July 18th).

I shall try. I may need some sleep depending on how much I get. :lol

Just remember what Sideshow says, Josh...

500024-product-silo.png
:lol

Can't wait for the trailer. :rock

Ashamed to say I only recently saw DoS (darn work and baby and buying a house and extremely fortunate real life shizz :lol). I really enjoyed AUJ but DoS, particularly the second half, really raised the stakes and developed the rather straightforward narrative of the book in interesting ways.

Can't wait for the trailer. :rock

Ashamed to say I only recently saw DoS (darn work and baby and buying a house and extremely fortunate real life shizz :lol). I really enjoyed AUJ but DoS, particularly the second half, really raised the stakes and developed the rather straightforward narrative of the book in interesting ways.

I think we see the teaser trailer right before SDCC. As far as DOS goes I thought it was pretty fantastic overall. It did a nice job of expanding things to give it more depth than the book had. I've heard from a friend who translates these films for outside the US that the EE adds lots of Tolkien "stuff" that should please some of the purists a bit more. So I'm excited that a fantastic film should be even better. I can't wait though to see what they're going to show for BOTFA! :rock

I enjoyed AUJ and DoS very much and I'm looking forward to see the trailer or something from SDCC. :rock

I did as well. I feel both have done a solid overall job of capturing the book and feeling like Tolkien. Now, I don't think they've been perfect but I do think they've been solid films.

I think we see the teaser trailer right before SDCC. As far as DOS goes I thought it was pretty fantastic overall. It did a nice job of expanding things to give it more depth than the book had. I've heard from a friend who translates these films for outside the US that the EE adds lots of Tolkien "stuff" that should please some of the purists a bit more. So I'm excited that a fantastic film should be even better. I can't wait though to see what they're going to show for BOTFA! :rock

I did as well. I feel both have done a solid overall job of capturing the book and feeling like Tolkien. Now, I don't think they've been perfect but I do think they've been solid films.

Agreed. The films aren't perfect but they're solid movies and a good time at the theater! :rock

Back