The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wonder if the DVD/Blu-Ray commentary offers any insight?

And Nazgul-King was correct, of course:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Three_Rings

I just got done watching it... I didn't think to check the commentary.... Will do that later.

Anyways I liked the EE version better... I liked the added bits of War. It was better because almost all the added bits were the Dwarfs fighting which helped the fact that they were all but ignored in the original.

DOS is still my least fav of all the middle earth films But I actually like AUJ and BOTFA better then TTT but I have never been a huge fan of TTT. FOTR is by far the best and ROTK is easily 2nd.

Just watched this. Liked it the most of the Hobbit films. I never saw the theatrical version, but I really enjoyed the extended. Was fun seeing Saruman and Elrod fight the 9. Was cool seeing Galadrial use her power. While the battle was heavy on CGI and had its silly moments I still liked it. AUJ is still my least favorite.

It isn't in the EE, am pretty sure it is on the appendices.I clearly remember when I watched the appendices with BOT5A that GtG was an addition.
It would have been a good edition too as we see earlier Thorin picks up the necklace amongst the jewels and states he knows an Elflord who would pay dearly to have the necklace back.
I highly recommended watching all the extras with Bot5a as some of that stuff is pretty fun, emotional and interesting to watch.
I really hope JJ/Disney do something close to a behind the scenes doco for TFA, especially since the OT cast is back.

The Hobbit is nothing like SW PT. Saying that the Hobbit left much to be desired and the writing was shoddy. The video clips only affirms it. :( It's a shame. At least I will always have the LOTR to cherish.

The Star Wars prequels are more memorable to me than the Hobbit movies. I think Revenge of the Sith is way better and more exciting than Battle of the 5 Armies. That stuff, especially the ending, put me to sleep. The Hobbit movies died with a whimper while Revenge of the Soth ended on a high note with that montage (I think).

Prolly won't watch either trilogy for a very long, long time. Lord of the Rings on the other hand . . . tis the season to watch them again. Always in the mood for the Fellowship around winter time.

Did it have better writing? I'm not so sure. Bloated stories isn't a sign of good writing, been a while since I've watched the prequels but I don't recall bloat. They're to the point.

Did it have better writing? I'm not so sure. Bloated stories isn't a sign of good writing, been a while since I've watched the prequels but I don't recall bloat. They're to the point.

I don't remember seeing any Hobbits complaining of hating sand and saying lines like "No, i'm so in love with you". :lol

Besides, Lucas got too weird with his Jedi mythology.

Hobbit was about honor being on a collision course with greed with a messy back story trying to connect the LOTR.

Back