The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No doubt! But what usually happens whenever this thread gets bumped is the same people come in and have to repeat how much they hate the movie, etc. etc. Same **** different day.

You can tell Jackson struggled with it simply with how much weight he gained during it. :lol

I'm finally gonna watch it tomorrow so I'll give an honest opinion.

There are some really great scenes in the Hobbit movies, the mirkwood spiders being one of my favorites, but they get lost among so much unnecessary padding and lose a great deal of their impact. As much as I enjoy seeing material from the appendices, they should have left much of it for a bridge movie and just stuck as much as they could to the original story.

I struggled with the singing and dancing orcs in AUJ. I know it's in the book, but it just felt childish and out of place in the film.....felt like a different world from LOTR.

There are some really great scenes in the Hobbit movies, the mirkwood spiders being one of my favorites, but they get lost among so much unnecessary padding and lose a great deal of their impact. As much as I enjoy seeing material from the appendices, they should have left much of it for a bridge movie and just stuck as much as they could to the original story.

Agreed 100%.

As many may or may not know I have not been the biggest fan of these films... I actually hated DOS when I saw it in the theaters and was let down by BOTFA because it didn't help make DOS any better :lol

However watching the EE on blu back to back... Watching half a film a day I got to say that I am really fully enjoying it.

Like I said before I think it helps that I can recognize all the dwarfs now but the films flow better when watching them all together.

There are still things I hate... Alfred being my #1... Stop wasting time on such an unlikable character... He is not even fun to hate. I could do without Legolas being in the films or at least his superhero achievements. Finally I really don't care for the whole Sauron sub plot stuff. Perhaps if the pay off was better but it was pretty goofy.

Otherwise I enjoy the films for what they are. Much more then I ever did before. Far from perfect though. I don;t think I would call them bad films.. They are way better then the PT IMO. Those are bad films.

PS - Why does Lady Galandrial get so ugly when she uses her power? I mean she gets like Exorcist ugly... Seems like power for good should not have that sort of effect.

Been years since I read LOTR, Hobbit, or any of the appendices, but the three Rings given to the elves (one of which Galadriel has) were forged by Sauron to be controlled by the one ring.

Some other more-read Tolkienite can either confirm or debunk this, but I think that's why Galadriel seems ugly/evil when using Nenya (I believe that's the ring she was given).

Been years since I read LOTR, Hobbit, or any of the appendices, but the three Rings given to the elves (one of which Galadriel has) were forged by Sauron to be controlled by the one ring.

Some other more-read Tolkienite can either confirm or debunk this, but I think that's why Galadriel seems ugly/evil when using Nenya (I believe that's the ring she was given).

I thought she was using the light thingy she gave to Frodo...

If it is Her Ring then that makes more sense.

I thought she was using the light thingy she gave to Frodo...

If it is Her Ring then that makes more sense.

Hmmm, you may be right. I cannot picture that scene clearly right now (I'm getting old) and since I'm at work, I can't reference the scene. Is she holding up the phial? Now that you mention it, that does sound right...

From what I remember, the three rings of the Elves were made by Celebrimbor and never touched by Sauron.

From what I remember, the three rings of the Elves were made by Celebrimbor and never touched by Sauron.

There ya go. I've been debunked. :lol Leave it up to a member with a Middle-Earth themed username to correct me. :duff

So only the seven dwarf rings and nine rings of men were "touched" by Sauron? (I need to go back and read this stuff)

Back