what kind of music are you into?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fives

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
title says it all, i was sitting here in my desk reading from some of the threads and was wondering "what type of music do my fellow freaks listen to" me, i'm mostly into black, death and doom metal and of course good old fashioned heavy metal like iron maiden, helloween, and manowar to name a few, i like some of the classic stuff too like sabbath, zeppelin, pink floyd...anyway...

My faves in no particular order:

misfits, Beatles, Pink Floyd (esp. Syd Barrett era), Modest Mouse, Flaming Lips, Beach Boys, Enya, Battlefield Band, Etta James, Billie Holiday, Weezer, Tom Waits, Gillian Welch, Nirvana, Cranberries, Depeche Mode, Sex Pistols, ABBA, My Chemical Romance, Beck, Bob Marley, Ladytron, The Doors, ELVIS, Buddy Holly, Ella Fitgerald, Jimmy Rogers, Cecilia Bartoli, Vladimir Horowitz, Hillary Hahn, Alfred Brendel, Squirrel Nut Zippers,...

I could go on and on and on. All music I love.

I listen to mostly progressive rock of various subgenres in there.

70s stuff like Rush, Floyd, Kansas, Genesis, Yes
Progmetal like Fates Warning, Queensryche, Dream Theatre, Tool
Quirky prog like Van Der Graf Generator and Gentle Giant

But I also like lots of other stuff especially 80s music like Kate Bush, Til Tuesday

Currently on a big kick of post-rock like Sigur Ros and Explosions in the Sky.

Also big on EMO-ish stuff like Dredg, Coheed and Cambria, Mew and my new favorite mewithoutYou.

I'm all over the board. Its probably easier to just say what I don't like.

Everything but rap.

Me too. Maybe I just should have said I hate rap, most modern country, and most of the crap you hear on the radio. :lol
If you guys would hear some of the underground Hip-Hop I listen to you might like it. I'm more than sure that what you guys are referring to is radio crap and I probably hate it more than you guys do. I hate that what is played on the radio so widely represents what you guys know to be 'rap', 'cause it's not, those guys have no talent whatsoever.

As for my musical preferences: Hip-Hop (of course), Rock, R&B, Jazz & Blues, Classical, Electronic. Pretty much everything except country and Reagetton I ^^^^ing HATE IT!!! :monkey4

For the most part anything aside from country and rap/hiphop. Mostly metal and harder rock. I don't go to heavy COF is about the heaviest I own. I like punk for the most part some much more than others though. I like classic stuff like The Doors, Elvis, Floyd. Not as much anymore but I still listen to house, jungle and trance. I have to be in the right mood for that though...

Swing music from the 1930s and 1940s, and the occasional aria. But I'm also all over the place. If you made me pick a genre, it would be swing.

For the most part anything aside from country and rap/hiphop. Mostly metal and harder rock. I don't go to heavy COF is about the heaviest I own. I like punk for the most part some much more than others though. I like classic stuff like The Doors, Elvis, Floyd. Not as much anymore but I still listen to house, jungle and trance. I have to be in the right mood for that though...

i like some trance and psycho.....mostly infected mushroom!!!

Mainly modern Indie but also other styles of rock, jazz and some rap
off the top of my head....anything Kaiser Chiefs, Ting Tings, Amy Winehouse, Zutons, The Gossip, The Kills, Arctic Monkeys, jay z, Dizzee Rascal, The Enemy, Oasis

I also really like to replay certain songs of more old school acts like AC/DC, The Smiths, Morrissey, and .......Hanson (mmmbop)

I must give special mention also the fictional band Infant Sorrow out of Forgetting Sarah Marshal...I love their stuff :lol

0000050482_350.jpg

Real post Hardcore music and indie Rock with punk roots.Also like some punk Folk and acoustic stuff...

Bands: Hot Water Music, small brown bike, Grade,Fugazi.
Against me! Everything Chuck Ragan does..

Back