The Great FARAMIR Image Thread!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The silver piece nearest the scabbard has detached itself from the leather belt so it cannot be tied like yours, thus the Top Stick.

Oh no that's too bad! I suppose a dab of superglue would be your best option; or you could try finding a replacement online. Sorry about that!

Note to self: be careful with these things, Captain!

Did you ever find a solution to this? I hope so! :cool:

I'll be fixing it once I'm home for the summer, probably with super glue. While we wait though here is a picture of how nicely painted mine is. Thanks to CF, I got VERY lucky.

DSC00472.jpg

PS: Sorry for the blur. No camera tripod here.

I'll be fixing it once I'm home for the summer, probably with super glue. While we wait though here is a picture of how nicely painted mine is. Thanks to CF, I got VERY lucky.

DSC00472.jpg

PS: Sorry for the blur. No camera tripod here.

Wow, that really does look like a nice one! Glad I could send you a good one; I guess since it was a prize Sideshow wanted it to be nice!

Yea only complaints I have are some slight rubbing on the eyebrows which are an easy touch up and the beard, but we know how they go. :lol

Yea only complaints I have are some slight rubbing on the eyebrows which are an easy touch up and the beard, but we know how they go. :lol

You should have seen how mine looked. Its right eye stretched out onto his face. I tried to be happy with it since I had waited so long, but in my heart I felt that paint job would take my life. In fact I still remember feeling my heart sink when I first saw him. But, thanks to the skills of the amazing Les, I am beginning to mend. :D

Im just glad this one has a non gloss, flat skin tone. That was the one thing that worried me the most. But he looks really good and will look great along with Boromir and the others.

Mine is not good but not as bad as some others I've seen. Still doesnt get any show space on my shelves tho. Shame :(

when DA finishes mine i will finally have a faramir i can be proud of instead of one that starts the gag reflex everytime i see it. even if he paints it with his eyes closed it cant be worse than the factory apps. faramir really disappointed me especially since LOTR is my favorite SS line.

well it took me longer than expected to get round to it but I'll be painting 3 of these next week.... can't wait to get them done!

when DA finishes mine i will finally have a faramir i can be proud of instead of one that starts the gag reflex everytime i see it. even if he paints it with his eyes closed it cant be worse than the factory apps. faramir really disappointed me especially since LOTR is my favorite SS line.

:joy:joy:joy:joy:joy

Can't wait bro! :rock

I'm excited for you bro! Faramir really does merit a great repaint; once he gets one you'll be amazed at what a gorgeous figure he really is! A lot of it is just in the coloring. People keep thinking he's blond or had brown hair--NO! He's a redhead, people! Les got it just right; he used over 10 colors to get it just perfect, using some pale straws, blondes, oranges, and reds to make the perfect mix--and I mean PERFECT!!! Plus his beard and eyebrows are really light, so you can't even see them in some lighting. I've got to have my friend take more pics; I mean seriously, I've never seen a paint job with such texture in the coloring, from his clear, fair skin to his deep, sad eyes. Oh man I love mine!!!

Make sure to keep us updated on those repaints guys. This is one of the most underrated figures in the LOTR line and it is simply because of the tragic factory paint apps. The repaints really make the figure do a 180 in terms of likeness and I really enjoy seeing everyone's work on these.

Speaking of, I've got to get a move on repainting mine. There just never seems to be time ...

Back