The Great FARAMIR Image Thread!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm excited for you bro! Faramir really does merit a great repaint; once he gets one you'll be amazed at what a gorgeous figure he really is! A lot of it is just in the coloring. People keep thinking he's blond or had brown hair--NO! He's a redhead, people! Les got it just right; he used over 10 colors to get it just perfect, using some pale straws, blondes, oranges, and reds to make the perfect mix--and I mean PERFECT!!! Plus his beard and eyebrows are really light, so you can't even see them in some lighting. I've got to have my friend take more pics; I mean seriously, I've never seen a paint job with such texture in the coloring, from his clear, fair skin to his deep, sad eyes. Oh man I love mine!!!

Glad you love yours. Me? Not so much. Mine will be "donating" a lot of stuff for a bash. That kind of eases the disappointment I had in him.

What kind of a bash? Are you going to make a custom ranger? Because I was looking at those Origins Highlander figures thinking 'you know, those would make GREAT Gondorian rangers!' The costumes wouldn't be very hard, and after all, Faramir needs some men . . .

What kind of a bash? Are you going to make a custom ranger? Because I was looking at those Origins Highlander figures thinking 'you know, those would make GREAT Gondorian rangers!' The costumes wouldn't be very hard, and after all, Faramir needs some men . . .

Yep, a custom ranger, like one you might find in the wilds with Aragorn.

I just snapped a few pics for Captain (and the people who commissioned me) this is the first of the 3 Faramirs that I've painted. The other two I'm letting the varnish set for an extra day or two. I forgot to take a pic with the hair ON.... lol, but you can see how it looks anyway

I forgot to take a 'before' picture... (duh)... so I went through the Faramir thread and saved this pic as it was one of the better photos showing the figure out of the box. (there were some pics that made it look horrendous... but I like to be fair to a figure).... anyway here's the pics

BEFORE
Faramir1.jpg

AFTER
20080523_6.jpg

PAINTED HAIR ON LEFT
20080523_2.jpg

20080523_11.jpg

20080523_7.jpg

Image1.jpg

20080523_9.jpg

Image2.jpg

Nice work Darren. I love all the different shades in the beard. Best repaint of Faramir I have seen. You brought out the "ginger" in him. :clap

:eek::eek::eek:

Just doing what I do guys.... but thanks! :rock

and Protozaius.... I've never been asked to yet... but that doesn't mean i wouldnt ;)

Back