The GODZILLA Film Discussion Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Love the Godzilla movies.

I picked up the 2 disc Gojira DVD a few years back and absolutely love it. I also really enjoyed the latest Godzilla flick, Godzilla:Final Wars. it was just so ridiculously fun.

When I was a kid my mom always laughed when ever the Super X was mentioned... as that was the same name as a drug store chain we had in Ohio when I was a kid. So an advanced fighter with the name of the Drug Store just isn't that impressive :lol

That's the only aspect of Godzilla 1985 I didn't like. The rest of the film had a pretty serious tone, even though there was the mutated sea louse and they fired lasers at Godzilla, it still felt serious but the Super X was more something out of the 1962-1975 era of films and just feels a bit out of place. That said however, I couldn't pass up buying a micro machine type Super X 1 and 2 to go with my 1985 and 1989 Godzilla figures from Bandai, both look to be in perfect scale to them too.

For those who've followed the whole series, I'd like to hear your top 5.

Mine are:

1. Gojira
2. Godzilla 1985
3. Ghidrah the Three Headed Monster
4. Godzilla vs. Mechagodzilla (1974)
5. Godzilla vs. Mothra (1964)

1) Gojira
2) Godzilla Vs King Kong (gotta love a tree getting stuffe down someones throat :lol)
3) 1985
4) Godzilla Vs Mechagodzilla
5) Godzilla on Monster Island (I think thats the right one, sometimes the titles run together)

Worst/completely unwatchable
Godzilla Vs the Sea Monster (A giant crab, really?!?
Then the other one was I think called Godzilla Vs the Smog Monster, but I'm probalby wrong. Either way he was battling a giant black globby looking monster... terrible.

Man, for a second I was really worried :rotfl

To me the original is still the best, and King... try and get the non-Burr version of Godzilla, its very cool to see the unaltered version released in Japan :rock

Whats a Burr version??

Is there a good box set out there i get with the essential Zilla movies?

I HATE HATE HATE watching dubbed movies. It sickens me. Can you get these in their original language?

Whats a Burr version??

Is there a good box set out there i get with the essential Zilla movies?

I HATE HATE HATE watching dubbed movies. It sickens me. Can you get these in their original language?

The original version of Godzilla was originally in Japanese and made for a Japanese audience. When hollywood got a hold of it they edited in scenes with Raymond Burr to give the film (I would guess) a more understandable perspective for US audiences. So, what you end-up with is a lot of scenes were Raymond Burr is speaking to the someone whose back is to the camera, kinda like the Patty Duke show.

If you get the 2 disc set, MaulFan and I were talking about, you can see both versions. And the Japanese release isn't dubbed, which helps a lot.

I think this thread needs a list of all the Godzilla films.

01) Gojira (aka Godzilla) - 1954
02) Gigantis the Fire Monster (aka Godzilla Raids Again) 1955
03) King Kong vs Godzilla - 1962
04) Godzilla vs Mothra - 1964
05) Ghidrah the Three Headed Monster - 1964
06) Godzilla vs. Monster Zero - 1965
07) Godzilla vs. The Sea Monster - 1966
08) Son of Godzilla - 1967
09) Destroy All Monsters - 1968
10) Godzilla's Revenge - 1969
11) Godzilla vs Hedorah (aka Godzilla vs The Smog Monster) - 1971
12) Godzilla vs Gigan - 1972
13) Godzilla vs Megalon - 1973
14) Godzilla vs Mechagodzilla - 1974
15) Terror of Mechgodzilla - 1975
16) Gojira Returns (aka Godzilla 1985) - 1985
17) Godzilla vs Biollante - 1989
18) Godzilla vs King Ghidora - 1991
19) Godzilla and Mothra: Battle for the Earth - 1992
20) Godzilla vs Mechagodzilla - 1993
21) Godzilla vs Space Godzilla - 1994
22) Godzilla vs Destroyah - 1995
23) Godzilla 2000 - 1999
24) Godzilla vs Megaguirus - 2000
25) Godzilla, Mothra and King Ghidora: Giant Monsters Attack - 2001
26) Godzilla Against Mechagodzilla - 2002
27) Godzilla: Tokyo S.O.S. - 2003
28) Godzilla: Final Wars - 2004

1. godzilla vs king kong pure comedy
2. destroy all monsters ( the one with monster island i think)
3. son of godzilla

thats the only ones i can remember my dads got the original on dvd ill have to borrow it

This thread is amazing!!
I saw only 2 Godzilla movies in theaters, in Mexico back in the 80's, one of them being Godzilla 1985, awesome movie!
Suck that since I just moved to San Diego from Chicago, I'll miss that Godzilla festival...oh well, at least I have SDCC!! :D

I grew up watching Godzilla movies. I still love them and watch whenever I get the time.
This is my favorite Godzilla image.
Trains are yummy!

godzilla_bw.jpg

Godzila festival? Chicago? I'm within driving distance! What festival?

See the first post in the thread bro! There is a link to to G-Fan site, and up top is a link about the upcoming G-Fest 08. It is Fri the 4th til Sunday the 6th. GO! I would! :rock Lucky dog! :D

Sweet, I might actually be able to make it on Saturday! :rock

I don't know how I missed that in the first post :lol

Rock on Kabukiman! I wish I could be there and meet you! :rock

Some of my Godzilla figures...(until I get some shots of the big G I like...)

The largest one is the 1989 version and he is about 20+ inches tall. LONG tail too!

Gset1.jpg

More shots of some G's...

Gset3.jpg

That foot is in scale! The head just behind it is on the 12" tall 93 G!

Gset4.jpg

Gset2.jpg

The 1984 version G Kaiyodo kit, the 1993 Kaiyodo kit, and the 1995 Burning G vs Destroyah version Bandai toy, all built and/or painted be me.
The sculpts on these are amazing and on the Kaiyodos, are by Yuji Sakai, the best Godzilla sculptor ever!

Anyway, love the big G!
And speaking of which, where is our SSF Godzilla smiley?????? :tap C'mon Dave, he deserves one too!

Rock on Kabukiman! I wish I could be there and meet you! :rock

Some of my Godzilla figures...(until I get some shots of the big G I like...)

The largest one is the 1989 version and he is about 20+ inches tall. LONG tail too!

Gset1.jpg

More shots of some G's...

Gset3.jpg

That foot is in scale! The head just behind it is on the 12" tall 93 G!

Gset4.jpg

Gset2.jpg

The 1984 version G Kaiyodo kit, the 1993 Kaiyodo kit, and the 1995 Burning G vs Destroyah version Bandai toy, all built and/or painted be me.
The sculpts on these are amazing and on the Kaiyodos, are by Yuji Sakai, the best Godzilla sculptor ever!

Anyway, love the big G!
And speaking of which, where is our SSF Godzilla smiley?????? :tap C'mon Dave, he deserves one too!

Those are some awsome looking Gojira figs. I really must see the original first film some time. I have seen godzilla versus Hedora though and another one but the title slipped my mind.

Back