The GODZILLA Film Discussion Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ironically, I probably should have bought the set at that sort of price, in the end I think I spent as much for the individual figures over time, but when I was just getting one here and there, it didn't seem like much compared to $400 up front. Mostly because most people didn't split it up, I was so lucky to find an auction for just the 1985 figure, I would have spent $400 on that alone, few good pieces based on that suit.

I really wish Sideshow would acquire the license and make statues, it'd be awesome.

All I ever collected were 4", but yeah. All told, the cost is ridiculous. I can't believe I've spent up to $30 for a single vending machine toy. :lol

I used to want Premium Formats until I understood what PF meant. Now, I'd just like an extensive 20" statue collection. I would pretty much quit every other line for it.

I'd love to see Sideshow do the 1995 burning Godzilla, their paint work would be stunning.

I do love Godzilla.

GODZILLA.jpg

Awesome. I have three 7" Bandai figures, the first 50th anniversary gashapon box, and then a whole lot of random Bandai gashapon. Mostly monsters. The only large scale figure I've ever been able to find is the 2000 one, and it wasn't worth it to me.

What's the one on the hearth to the far right?

X-Plus made a few Godzilla statues about 8 years ago, that's their 1954, they also did 1989 and 1964 I believe. Not the most accurrate, but at the time it was the best available to me.

Looks good though. I've really only been collecting since 2004 so I missed a lot of stuff offered before that. Sideshow scoring that license would be the ultimate. I've never been interested in statues, but a Godzilla announcement would change that.

It's a really nice statue, I just really love the 1954 suit and can be very picky about how pieces depicting it look. As neat as it is I've passed on getting the Medicom figure just because it doesn't represent him well. The 12" brown 1954 from Banpresto I posted earlier today is absolutely perfect, as are the 3" and 4" Bandai pieces, all 3 sculpted by Yuji Sakai, the man's got the look down and the detail he gets at a 3-4 inch scale is mind boggling, I've gotten larger pieces that have less detail and quality than what he pulls off.

I'm going to keep an eye out for the Banpresto 12". My dioramas are among my favorite pieces out of all my figures so I know I'll be impressed with it.

One dio I really like from the Bandai line is the one from Gojira of him coming over the hill, even though he was a puppet for that clip and the sculpt represents that, I love having a dio of Godzilla's very first appearance on the screen.

I've seen a lot of the Banpresto 12 inchers on eBay lately, try a search for "Yuji Sakai Godzilla", sellers seem more familiar with his sculpting than the manufacturer, and you'll see some great pieces associated with him.

Ive alway been a Gamera fan, and wasn't really too high up on even remotely caring to see this new Godzilla. Especially with it being an American production. I was pretty convinced that it was gonna be lame from the start (remember the 1998 one?).
So long story short, I went last night and I gotta say, I was absolutely blown away! Totally not what I was even expecting! I mean, at all! It was fuggin sick! I can't say that this is gonna make me a past tense Godzilla fan, but I do like the new one. Hopefully the new Gamera will be equally as good, if not better.
Oh, also one more thing. I find it extremely funny how this movie just negates Pacific Rim, completely. I hated PR from the start, but jeez this movie makes it look like one of those b rated red box flics.

I don't understand the all the hate. It's a Godzilla film. What did people expect? A romantic comedy?

Went yesterday to see GODZILLA and have to say was beyond enjoyable... This is definitely the reboot I was hoping for.. and it delivered in a big big way!!!! Our group was comprised of 10 moviegoers, ranging in age from 20-50. Everyone gave it very high reviews. I have to think a Mecha-Godzilla will be making an appearance in part 2...:)

I hope no mechaG happens. Would rather they discover monster Island

Back