The Gi joe pictures thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think the hooded version is slightly cooler that the helmet, but I would have to have both versions in my collection.

It means Battle Helm greater than (better) than Hood.

Thank you, Nickto. It's so easy to remember I don't know what my problem was with not rememebring that.

It should be pretty easy... The open end is greater than the closed point or end.

cobra_commander.jpg

Am I the only one who likes this Cobra Commander more than the hooded one?

Me, too. I'm sure the figure will have a choice, though. Both versions are equally loved and iconic, but there is not enough difference to warrant a whole new figure.

cobra_commander.jpg

Am I the only one who likes this Cobra Commander more than the hooded one?

I definitely prefer the helmet more than the hood. But in the cartoon, it's a simple head swap. The toy makes the entire figure a different color and I'd rather they not do that for the 12".

If boushh Leia and Assaj Ventress can come with alternate heads, so can Cobra Commander!

And.. i'd still buy two anyway just to have both on display!

gallery_468_43_31028.jpg

:love :love :love :love

ahh man...:love :love :love :love

Looked exactly like when I was young,there was a store here called TOYVILLE..It was paradise.

Remember when toy stores looked like this:

gallery_468_43_31028.jpg

Yup, those were the great days. That pic looks like it is a K-Mart.

Also what that pic reminds me on is a scene from Jumanji that came out in 1996, the ending was in a toy store and in the background there is a shelf with tons of boxed Terror Dromes, that came out 10 years earlier in 86 :google

Yup, those were the great days. That pic looks like it is a K-Mart.

Also what that pic reminds me on is a scene from Jumanji that came out in 1996, the ending was in a toy store and in the background there is a shelf with tons of boxed Terror Dromes, that came out 10 years earlier in 86 :google

Dude, that is clearly a Toys 'R' Us. Look at the little beds in the background.

Dude, that is clearly a Toys 'R' Us. Look at the little beds in the background.

Looks like patio furniture to me. I still say K-Mart, could be Montgomery Wards or Sears, but I don't see TRU selling lawn chairs and tables with sun umbrellas.

I realize there are patterns with everything.
But what happened?
Why did the Joes and Transformers go away?

Now when they come back, they are regulated to small sections of aisles.
I have not been to a Toys R Us for awhile, but what happened to a type of toy taking up one half of an entire aisle?

I was around 10 or 11 when Nintendo came out.
And we didn't go shopping at Wal-Mart back then either.

Video gaming killed toys didn't it?

But what happened?

I have not been to a Toys R Us for awhile, but what happened to a type of toy taking up one half of an entire aisle?

Cause the kids of today sux.

But what happened?

The aweful Star Brigade figures, neon generic weapons on a tree turned GIJoe into a Ninja Force Power Ranger wannabes. Sgt Savage was ok and Extreme line that Kenner put out was nothing but POS figures.

One of the key factors was also Kenner coming back out with the Star Wars line and Hasbro buying Kenner. Joe was a huge contributer to SW toys decline in the 80's and they didn't want the lines to compete in the 90's. I guess they figured today that both lines could exist together.

Remember when toy stores looked like this:

gallery_468_43_31028.jpg

Oh man that is sweet!!!

I have to admit though if I could travel back in time I'd bring a lot of that stuff back to the present with me....keep some for myself and FLIP THE REST! :rock :rock

The late 70's-mid 80's was the best time to be a kid. Going into a Toys R Us and seeing aisle after aisle packed solid with GI Joe, Transformers, Star Wars, Master of the Universe, Thundercats, the list goes on and on. Kid these days will never understand what a magical experience that was. I still vividly remember the first time I laid eyes on the USS Flagg in a toy store. At that age it seemed like the size of an actual aircraft carrier.

Walking down that little video game aisle of Wal-Mart is a cold experience by comparison.

Back