The G.I. Joe Movie POSITIVITY Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Steven Sommers isn't a bad director. Look at the Mummy films. I really enjoyed them and my nephews enjoy watching them too.:D
Hopeful there will be the same level of humour for both adults and kids in this movie. After all it's based off a cartoon so why should it be ultra violent and have cursing?
The actors, although not to everyones taste, may just surprise. Stranger things have happened you know.
Ray Parks is an excellent martial artist, so Snake Eyes should rock.
Dennis Quaid, although looking a bit old now, is still a great actor - who can forget Innerspace?

Maybe it won't break the box office, but I know that it will make a lot of money!
And if it does make a lot of money that means a sequel. So we can all do all of the is again next year!:monkey5

Oh yeah and Van Hielsing was good as well, and Deep Rising.

You know... I think everyone had/have High Hopes for this Movie that it's hard to cheer it on when things haven't gone the way we would like.

I'd love to eat my words about this flick!

I Loved TPM and I actually like JarJar in it. Maul Rocks! :maul

.. The Mike.. tread carefully...

You know... I think everyone had/have High Hopes for this Movie that it's hard to cheer it on when things haven't gone the way we would like.

I'd love to eat my words about this flick!

I Loved TPM and I actually like JarJar in it. Maul Rocks! :maul

.. The Mike.. tread carefully...

Even though I'm not with you on the Phantom Menace and Jar Jar I agree, this film has the hopes of millions of loyal fans riding on its shoulders.

Honestly I don't like everything I hear but I have been wrong before. I was completely wrong about Transformers and now I can't wait for a sequel.

So, hears to another victory at the box office for a Hasbro property finally getting a major motion picture. Hopefully they get it right.

I really want it to be good. A lot of the draw for me as a child was the designs of the characters, so I'm sort of miffed to see all the changes. Design-wise, I'm really a purist. But I could see how it might be difficult to take a design like Cobra Commander, translate it into reality, and still take the guy seriously....

cobra_commander-live-action.jpg

con01-cobra.jpg

So, I'm going to try to keep an open mind.
And I will fully admit that 30% of my reasoning for this is because it was suggested by a beautiful girl on a toy thread.

Even though I'm not with you on the Phantom Menace and Jar Jar I agree, this film has the hopes of millions of loyal fans riding on its shoulders.

Honestly I don't like everything I hear but I have been wrong before. I was completely wrong about Transformers and now I can't wait for a sequel.

So, hears to another victory at the box office for a Hasbro property finally getting a major motion picture. Hopefully they get it right.

Yeah, the first thing I thought when they said Michael Bay was doing Transformers was "Oh no, not another Pearl Harbor!"

I'm just glad Ben Affleck isn't Duke! :lol

I don't know who the stunt coordinator/action choreographer will be, but I'm sure that if Nick Gillard and/or Yuen Woo-ping were doing the fight scenes, at least the action would be amazing! I loved the respective work on The Phantom menace and The Matrix.

At the very least, the fight scenes between Ray and Byung-hun will be cool.

I wish the block filter here could also block the quoted text of people you've blocked. :(

I wish the block filter here could also block the quoted text of people you've blocked. :(

:rotfl That's pathetic... but then you can't read this so I'll continue with the positivity.

Destro is in the movie.

The Baroness is in the movie.

Cobra Commander/Cool Dude is in the movie.

A positive, this movie may spark interest in a GI Joe MMORPG.

MMORPG News

:lol Yes, I can understand why it's so hard to believe a half-decent looking girl would be a fan of all things geeky...especially with such classy guys frequenting these boards. :lol

The good guys will carry guns and the bad guys MIGHT have guns.:peace

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back