1/6 Gentle Giant Jumbo 1:6 Scale G.I. Joe 1982 Reproduction Action Figure Reviews(Marvel)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Skull

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hey freaks, just wanted to start this thread to share some of my reviews I've been doing on the Gentle Giant Jumbo Joes, a toy line that has redirected my collection in a new direction.

I absolutely love these action figures, back in 1982 these were some of my first toys and started my obsession with action figures and G.I. Joe!! One of the reasons I'm posting this in the marvel section is G.I. Joe is a marvel property and I figured some of you might miss out on this line if you don't check out the Military section of this forum. I've been collecting these figures for the past couple of months and though you guys might be interested in a closer look, so here's my reviews.

Here's the latest release: Snake-Eyes

Here's Stalker

Here's Rock 'N Roll

Here is the one that Kicked off the line, the SDCC 2015 Grunt

Last edited:
Re: Gentle Giant Jumbo 1:6 Scale G.I. Joe 1982 Reproduction Action Figure Reviews

Great video reviews! Thanks for sharing them.

I haven't jumped in with this line, but they surely are tempting.

Re: Gentle Giant Jumbo 1:6 Scale G.I. Joe 1982 Reproduction Action Figure Reviews

Great video reviews! Thanks for sharing them.

I haven't jumped in with this line, but they surely are tempting.

Thanks very much, I'm not usually the type to post threads for my reviews but I figured I would raise awareness on these awesome figures and many folks might miss out other wise:)

They used a bungee cord for the waist? Awesome. I just assumed they used a larger rubber band. Nice reviews.

They used a bungee cord for the waist? Awesome. I just assumed they used a larger rubber band. Nice reviews.

Yes sir, it is a great choice too, no worries about the rubber breaking down overtime and snapping.

These are awesome. Nice reviews. Only thing holding me back on collecting these is that I want the swivel arm battle grip. Hopefully the line gets to that point were they release figures with that articulation. Miss those old joes. Nothing like them.

These are awesome. Nice reviews. Only thing holding me back on collecting these is that I want the swivel arm battle grip. Hopefully the line gets to that point were they release figures with that articulation. Miss those old joes. Nothing like them.

Buddy there really is nothing like them, This line is pretty much heaven sent to me, it reminded me why I became so obsessed with action figures in the first place, G.I. Joe was king of my childhood, their were other toys sure, but I played with them from 1982 when this line hit stores till about 1990, when I transitioned into a collector in my mid teens I started with the G.I. Joe Hall of Fame 12" action figures and then it was 1:6 scale from here on out:yess:

This line joins the best of both worlds for me, my nostalgia for my childhood toys and scale of choice, perfection.....nearly, I too prefer the swivel arm battle grip, just a better design and makes for cooler poses, that said I can't wait to see what's next, figures like Storm Shadow in his glossy white ninja costume and that cool Cobra logo on his chest, that will be a stunning figure:thud: Theirs plenty I could name but you get my point, YO JOE!!!

On a side note: I never bring my collectibles outside, however I couldn't resist with these figures, here's a few shots from a couple of weeks ago

23155509195_f9ae94c273_b.jpg

22860240967_a48021b82c_b.jpg

23282551845_e824d39c92_b.jpg

Added my latest review to the first post on G.I. Joes Ranger Codename: Stalker

Last edited:
I too prefer the swivel arm battle grip, just a better design and makes for cooler poses, that said I can't wait to see what's next, figures like Storm Shadow in his glossy white ninja costume and that cool Cobra logo on his chest, that will be a stunning figure:thud: Theirs plenty I could name but you get my point, YO JOE!!!

Which one do you like the best so far? Snake Eyes?

Great stuff buddy and excellent reviews :hi5: These figures are really nice and look just about perfect. I hope we see them continue with the later waves. I can think of so many that would be worth having :panic:

Which one do you like the best so far? Snake Eyes?

I like them all but to be honest its Rock 'N Roll, I just dig that figure, but Snake-Eyes is next, if you asked when I was a Kid it would have been Snake-Eyes all the way though, 85 version:lol

Great stuff buddy and excellent reviews :hi5: These figures are really nice and look just about perfect. I hope we see them continue with the later waves. I can think of so many that would be worth having :panic:

Thanks very much, I can name dozens I would want, but for now I'll just name a few, Firefly, Cobra Commander, Outback, Flint, Duke, Ship Wreck, Gung Ho, Destro, Storm Shadow, Zartan and the Dreadkoks, Scarlett, and a Cobra Trooper and Viper. The list could go on and on, point is I hope to see this line do well so we get some of them:)

Their actually starting to look like a team now:)

23347084780_9e18d4daf1_b.jpg

I can't wait to add more and also get started with a Cobra Team, as the line continues I may have to switch from displaying them in my Detolf's to my Billy display cabinet:panic:

Here's my shelf's now

23250118349_b6f55f2324_b.jpg

23591962146_b9a000eda5_b.jpg

I've got a 12" Secret Wars Wolvie coming to me from Santa. That Snake Eyes would be a nice complement, but. . .still gonna hold off for the '85 version or nothing with him. The nostalgia bug just doesn't bite me with the '82 figures. First figures I remember getting were Airtight and Dusty.

I've got a 12" Secret Wars Wolvie coming to me from Santa. That Snake Eyes would be a nice complement, but. . .still gonna hold off for the '85 version or nothing with him. The nostalgia bug just doesn't bite me with the '82 figures. First figures I remember getting were Airtight and Dusty.

That's another line I may collect, I also had those as a kid, just wish they came with their shields. I've been eyeing them for a while, I will likely get Spidey and Wolverine at the very least. As for waiting till your favorite Joe hits it seems a lot of folks are doing the same, I myself prefer the 85 version of Snake-Eyes, just not everything about it, the mouth sculpted in was a odd choice at the time, not to say I don't like the 82-83 Version, I do.

I'm blinded by nostalgia, so there's no way I can be objective about '85 Snake Eyes, Zartan, etc.

I'm probably also only getting Wolvie and Spidey from the Secret Wars line. Super Powers, I'm definitely in for Supes and Batman. Possibly more, but maybe not. I don't wan to go crazy with these things, but I still love the Secret Wars designs in particular.

I'm blinded by nostalgia, so there's no way I can be objective about '85 Snake Eyes, Zartan, etc.

I'm probably also only getting Wolvie and Spidey from the Secret Wars line. Super Powers, I'm definitely in for Supes and Batman. Possibly more, but maybe not. I don't wan to go crazy with these things, but I still love the Secret Wars designs in particular.

I totally get that, I know some people look at these jumbo Joes with much contempt, seeing them as out dated relics from a time long forgot, but for those of us that had them as kids we know how awesome they were, If you told me I could only have one Snake-Eyes from my collection and I had to chose from HT Version or GG, I would keep the GG one most would think that's crazy but in this case Nostalgia trumps design.

I'll grab the red/blue Spidey and prolly Doom and Iron man if they are made.

The Super Powers line looks great too.

But dam this things are so overpriced. Shouldn't be more than 50-60 bucks.

For the Joes, I hope Grunt is issued carded. The footlocker is nice, but I want him consistent with the others.

Back