The future of Enterbay's 1/4 line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SAB

Super Freak
Reaction score
Was just checking out the Enterbay website and was surprised to see how many of their 1/4 figures are still in stock.

John Rambo, Bruce Lee (1008) and BD Terminator are all still freely available.

3 popular characters and 3 amazing figures that are reviewed highly.

The BD T800 in particular surprises me since its probably the best figure ever made.

What gives?
Has Bill finally found a price point people won't pay? I didn't think that was possible in this hobby :D

Or has the initial novelty of a hybrid collectible (PF size but articulated...) worn off and people have gone back to wanting their traditional formats (PF statue and 1/6 articulated) ?

What is still coming up here?
Robocop is a definite, Bill has posted pics very recently. I'd say that would be an instant sell out but I would have said the same about BD Terminator ...... and the metal body and remote control does mean Murphy is probably going to be way over the $400 mark.

Rocky was mentioned a couple of times as well ...wonder if they'll still go ahead seeing as how Rambo is still in stock ?

Who else is rumoured/confirmed?

Thoughts? Will the line continue ?

Weren't over 5,000 of each of those produced? Too many for something without a proven track record of sales success IMO. Line is still a niche focus of collectors for the most part.

Never had the desire for articulated figures bigger than 1/6 personally.

Also, having collected almost of all of EB's Bruce Lee 1/6 line and many of their Donnie Yan figures I saw a disturbing trend in Enterbay releases and that was crappy quality control. This goes for 1/6 as well as 1/4 statues that mysteriously lean forward like Smooth Criminal Michael Jackson.

I decided to stop defending EB & stop supporting them, and seeing that joke prototype Big Boss reveal plus their focus on NBA figures only strengthens my resolve to stick to Hot Toys or other companies.

I think that EB bodies have a lot to do with it. The price is high, but people will pay it, if they are getting a quality figure & can actually pose the thing. I have the Rambo & T-800 clean version and the shoulder joints are crap. The heavy weapons are too much for the the weak joints and that makes posing very limited. This is why I have not bought anymore.
Now, maybe they fixed the issue with the BD T-800 & other releases, but their rep is already out there and that turns a lot of people off. Also, you have to take into consideration that space is an issue for these things. Most people prefer the statues at this size and 1/6 scale for articulated stuff. The price EB is asking with horrible customer service for their online store doesn't help much either. Amazing sculpts can only get you so far :lol

I think really it's still a new market, like you said EB has a bad rep so you need someone like hot toy to blow open this market, but I stopped collecting hot toy like some stopped collecting EB I had so many faulty over priced hot toys and if it wasn't for the 1:4 dark knight I wouldn't have any in my collection.

And yes they are space hogs, so you will need "new" collectors who will have to make a choice, go 1:6 or go 1:4? Or ppl like me who dumped 1:6 to get into 1:4 , why? Because it will help me save money. And in another year the 1:6 will be hitting the price of 1:4 if not some already have like robocop with a freakin chair over 400.

Was just checking out the Enterbay website and was surprised to see how many of their 1/4 figures are still in stock.

John Rambo, Bruce Lee (1008) and BD Terminator are all still freely available.

3 popular characters and 3 amazing figures that are reviewed highly.

The BD T800 in particular surprises me since its probably the best figure ever made.

What gives?
Has Bill finally found a price point people won't pay? I didn't think that was possible in this hobby :D

Or has the initial novelty of a hybrid collectible (PF size but articulated...) worn off and people have gone back to wanting their traditional formats (PF statue and 1/6 articulated) ?

What is still coming up here?
Robocop is a definite, Bill has posted pics very recently. I'd say that would be an instant sell out but I would have said the same about BD Terminator ...... and the metal body and remote control does mean Murphy is probably going to be way over the $400 mark.

Rocky was mentioned a couple of times as well ...wonder if they'll still go ahead seeing as how Rambo is still in stock ?

Who else is rumoured/confirmed?

Thoughts? Will the line continue ?

knowing Bill he will start churning out the NBA players in 1/4 scale.....more $sss.
looking forward to the next 1/4 bruce lee,depending on price and accuracy.

considering that Hot Toys' 1/4 scale line also seems to be dead after two releases, I wouldn't be surprised if Enterbay also has given up.

knowing Bill he will start churning out the NBA players in 1/4 scale.....more $sss.
looking forward to the next 1/4 bruce lee,depending on price and accuracy.

Game of death bruce lee for me and with a nice screaming head

considering that Hot Toys' 1/4 scale line also seems to be dead after two releases, I wouldn't be surprised if Enterbay also has given up.

Yeah wasn't hot toys having a t800 and a predator in 1/4 as doing a 1/6 and 1:4 batman returns?

I wouldn't say HT 1/4 line is dead. They released the Endo & Batman, which both sold out in a blink of an eye. I think HT is just taking their sweet time on putting them out due to all the 1/6 Marvel figures.

EB however, has a ton of their 1/4 figures still available and that's not good for business. I'm sure the success of ROBOCOP will tell them whether to continue with this scale, or not. If it sales well, then it might be enough for them to gamble on another character. If he sits around like Rambo & BL, then it could be the nail in the coffin for the HD Masterpiece Series.

Edit: I'm pretty sure that the T-1000 will be released due to the huge Terminator fanbase, so that could be the last one we see.

But what about play imaginative? 30-40 iron man 1/4 figures at 6-700 a pop just saying that's a realll gamble for them.

Just sayin there will be another company making a splash in the 1/4 market.

PI showed off 40+ prototypes but they already had problems with their first 1/6 release (Mark VII) and haven't really heard anything since.

If they can release a flawless product they may stay afloat but if they're trying to compete with Hot Toys in 1/6 I'm doubtful since the retail cost of PI figures is easily $100 more than Hot Toys, which is already getting moans from 1/6 collectors.

PI showed off 40+ prototypes but they already had problems with their first 1/6 release (Mark VII) and haven't really heard anything since.

If they can release a flawless product they may stay afloat but if they're trying to compete with Hot Toys in 1/6 I'm doubtful since the retail cost of PI figures is easily $100 more than Hot Toys, which is already getting moans from 1/6 collectors.

Oh wow didn't know they already had issues, oh well was only interested in mark 6 and the version 1 warmachine 1/4 figures haha

i'm actually a huge fan of the 1/4 figures, so i hope it'll continue on...and i think it will. its just not coming out as fast cause its still relatively new and 1/6 is still everyones bread and butter.

i'm actually a huge fan of the 1/4 figures, so i hope it'll continue on...and i think it will. its just not coming out as fast cause its still relatively new and 1/6 is still everyones bread and butter.

I'm hoping it doesn't die.

And I'm hoping Enterbay get the chance to do a 1/4 Indiana Jones figure !

Enterbay needs to show some pictures of Rocky asap.

Last edited:
Enterbay needs to show some pictures of Rocky asap.

I'm with you, what ever happened to the Rocky III 1/4? Didn't Enterbay announce it like 3 years ago?

I see Blitzway is doing a Rocky II 1/4 statue, I hope that one actually happens.

I think the Rocky will still come out just because the invested in the Stallone body for Rambo 3.
They are going to want to reuse that from a cost perspective.

Back