The future of Enterbay's 1/4 line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think the Rocky will still come out just because the invested in the Stallone body for Rambo 3.
They are going to want to reuse that from a cost perspective.

I have to disagree with you on they are going to go ahead with it because they have Stallone's body from Rambo 3, I think that the body would be different for Rocky. It's been a very long time since it was announced, I think Enterbay didn't like the sales on the Rambo and just decided to pull the plug on Rocky, I hope they aren't, but the amount of time makes me think that it's not going to happen.

I'm with you, what ever happened to the Rocky III 1/4? Didn't Enterbay announce it like 3 years ago?

I see Blitzway is doing a Rocky II 1/4 statue, I hope that one actually happens.

At this point any sort of update would suffice. I hope they didn't give up on this one. It's THE figure I've been waiting for.

At this point any sort of update would suffice. I hope they didn't give up on this one. It's THE figure I've been waiting for.

I hope they make it, but the thing is when they announced they were doing Rocky in 1/4 I thought, and am sure you did to that they would be releasing at least three figures from the Rocky films, it has to be 3 years and still waiting, and figure one hasn't even been announced for preorder, not a good sign.

I have to disagree with you on they are going to go ahead with it because they have Stallone's body from Rambo 3, I think that the body would be different for Rocky. It's been a very long time since it was announced, I think Enterbay didn't like the sales on the Rambo and just decided to pull the plug on Rocky, I hope they aren't, but the amount of time makes me think that it's not going to happen.

The Michael Jordan line seems to have succeeded so far beyond their expectations its basically derailed the whole company.
Their new Bruce Lee Big Boss is just rubbish and was obviously extremely rushed to make Lee's anniversary date.

I think 2014/15 will see Enterbay get back on track with releases.

Its definitely possible the low Rambo sales have made it disappear.
But if it comes out it'll almost certainly be the same Rambo body being reused. This thread will still be around, we'll see who is right :D

Enterbay needs to show some pictures of Rocky asap.

If it ever happens :lol

apollorockygif1.gif

I think that EB bodies have a lot to do with it. The price is high, but people will pay it, if they are getting a quality figure & can actually pose the thing. I have the Rambo & T-800 clean version and the shoulder joints are crap. The heavy weapons are too much for the the weak joints and that makes posing very limited. This is why I have not bought anymore.
Now, maybe they fixed the issue with the BD T-800 & other releases, but their rep is already out there and that turns a lot of people off. Also, you have to take into consideration that space is an issue for these things. Most people prefer the statues at this size and 1/6 scale for articulated stuff. The price EB is asking with horrible customer service for their online store doesn't help much either. Amazing sculpts can only get you so far :lol

:goodpost:
You hit on some key points here, sculpts are the keystone to a figure and is one of the most important parts of any figure, however if the body or outfit fail to meet the a certain quality level the whole piece gets downgraded. I to own the Clean T-800 and because of the issues I've heard I only posed it once or twice to avoid problems. That takes a lot of the fun out of owning a piece, not that I pose stuff often anyway but knowing I can is important. I also don't enjoy posing 1/4 scale figures in general, there really kinda to big and clunky, feels like I'm wresling with a small toddler:lol

I wouldn't say HT 1/4 line is dead. They released the Endo & Batman, which both sold out in a blink of an eye. I think HT is just taking their sweet time on putting them out due to all the 1/6 Marvel figures.

EB however, has a ton of their 1/4 figures still available and that's not good for business. I'm sure the success of ROBOCOP will tell them whether to continue with this scale, or not. If it sales well, then it might be enough for them to gamble on another character. If he sits around like Rambo & BL, then it could be the nail in the coffin for the HD Masterpiece Series.

Edit: I'm pretty sure that the T-1000 will be released due to the huge Terminator fanbase, so that could be the last one we see.

:exactly:
I like 1/4 scale figures but only so far, there space hogs and expensive so I reserve buying them only for my favorite characters, whereas with 1/6 I more freely explore lines that I simply find interesting, but even that has been tough with rising prices. So to your point having those figures collecting dust on store shelfs is not good for business, had they made for instance that Rambo figure in 1/6 scale they would have likely sold out quick and maybe had to make a second batch, that's because I believe there way more opportunity to capture sales from that market, even people who are not diehard fans would maybe pick it up, not so in 1/4 scale, for that you really need to be hardcore to drop 400-500 bucks for one figure.

So in the end the bottom line is they need to continue with more 1/6 licenses and reserve 1/4 scale for icons with low production numbers to really expand the collectibility of there stuff. They also like you pointed out need to improve there body's and customer service to insure customer loyalty.

:lol For sure.

It truly sucks though, one of my most wanted figures for years now is not going to get made. :gah:

Yes I think it's not happening either, you know a year ago they showed a little preview of it and I was pumped, but now I know it's over.

If you're a Rocky collector like me I think that the film "Creed" which is going to have Stallone playing Rocky again while training Apollo's grandson, I hate the thought of this film because I loved the ending in Rocky Balboa, but the film might make some companies take a look at producing Rocky collectibles again, it's suppose to be released in 2015.

Yes I think it's not happening either, you know a year ago they showed a little preview of it and I was pumped, but now I know it's over.

If you're a Rocky collector like me I think that the film "Creed" which is going to have Stallone playing Rocky again while training Apollo's grandson, I hate the thought of this film because I loved the ending in Rocky Balboa, but the film might make some companies take a look at producing Rocky collectibles again, it's suppose to be released in 2015.

Yeah I'll definitely check out the movie Creed. Hopefully you're right about it inspiring companies to make more Rocky collectibles.

I'm sure we'll always see a Bruce Lee from EB, but to me, and I'm only speaking for myself, since the departure of Arnie Kim from EB, they've yet to capture that likeness of Bruce, the 1/4 WOD figure was nice but i still feel it was missing the magical touch of the man and that is Master Kim.

397386_179038472197704_967134672_n.jpg

Wow that does look incredible. Some one put me out of my misery and dominate EB's facebook page and see what the hell the deal is with Rocky. :lol

I thought Rocky 6 was the perfect send off. I pray that Creed doesn't turn into another Rocky 5 :pray:

It really was the perfect ending. Creed isn't necessarily a "sequel" to Rocky though, just a spin-off featuring his character. So even if it sucks, it won't take away from what has already been established.

Back