The Freaky Awards - what's your favorite 1/6 figure of 2014.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
From the figures I purchased this year, I would go with T1 Terminator. Love the look and for the price, you get a lot compared to the price of other figures that come with next to nothing.

So I got Robocop in and I think he might have taken my top spot... the hands are a pain and the unsuable stand is dumb; but the figure is incredible and so far my favorite.

Still a chance Plissken will be out by the end of the month, but with everything else getting pushed back I'm guessing he won't make the cut and honestly even if he was perfect I don't think he'd top Robo or the T1.

Let's make this an official nomination thread and then closer to the end of the year we'll vote on the first ever Freaky Awards!

Please keep to licensed 1/6 figures for nominations.

GET YOUR FREAKY ON!

Great idea Dave! Should be fun :rock

I think the categories would be:

-Best male articulated mixed media figure (so the new 1/12 figures could be nominated in the same category, heck you can even nominate a Bif Bang Pow if you're feeling like it)

-Best female articulated mixed media figure (could be Tonner or Living Dead Doll or Barbie, whatever fits the category)

-Best accessory/vehicle/display (sold separately)

What else?

"Most anticipated" might be fun, then next year we can look back and see if expectations met reality.

I'm not a statue collector, but wouldn't hurt to have statue section or even one for props, etc.

From the figures i have purchased this past year, i would pick the Mark 42. I was not sure when i ordered it if i would even keep it but now it's one of my favorites.

-Best male articulated mixed media figure (so the new 1/12 figures could be nominated in the same category, heck you can even nominate a Bif Bang Pow if you're feeling like it) - Sideshow 1/6 Batman

-Best female articulated mixed media figure (could be Tonner or Living Dead Doll or Barbie, whatever fits the category) - Sideshow 1/6 Baroness

-Best accessory/vehicle/display (sold separately) :dunno

What else?

"Most anticipated" might be fun, then next year we can look back and see if expectations met reality. - Sideshow 1/6 C3PO

HT RoboCop.

The sound feature is completely pointless, the lack of diecast is unfortunate, the price is too high...
But still much better and more interesting than anything else this year.

Could be Grievous if it wasn't for Sideshow.

Best Iron Man - Mark 42

Best Supporting Iron Man - Python

Best Not an Iron Man - Star Wars Imperial Probe Droid

.. couldn't make a choice between the three

The best 1/6 figure this year for me is Captain Harlock. The details, body, suit, articulation and materials really are state of the art.

Back