The Freaky Awards - what's your favorite 1/6 figure of 2014.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If it's figures released, and not just bought, in 2014, I'll go with HT RoboCop, over the Batman Armory, which is still an awesome set.

I think its released, not bought. In hand in 2014.

Most Anticipated for 2015 = HT Chewbacca

Been waiting 10 years for Chewbacca, ever since Sideshow first announced the 1/6th line in 2005.

For me it is the MMS 338 BD Terminator--I had very minor nits that were easily corrected. Haven't received Robo yet. Most anticipated for 2015 Tie between 2 pack Solo/Chewbacca and BTTF Marty.

SS Bats, great fig and glad I have one. Joints are a bit wonky though, as SS bodies seem to still be a step behind.

My vote goes to the HT Iron Man Mark 42 which mops the floor with previous RDJ IM releases.

Igor may take this spot if it's released next month.

HTIM3DiecastMk4238EDIT_zps25c5478a.jpg

Hot-Toys-Iron-Man-Mark-XLII-Sixth-Scale-Figure-Final-Product-005.jpg

I'm leaning toward the MK 42 also. I did pick up The Winter Soldier today, and I must say, it is pretty damn cool.

Please keep to licensed 1/6 figures for nominations.

I think it should be clarified to mean "1/6 figures that don't infringe on anyone else's license". There are far too many unique and creative figures out there that aren't part of a license, that are much better quality and value than licensed figures. Let's not disqualify things like DAM's Gangsters Kingdom, Ryder Watson, etc, DID's figures simply because they're not from a movie or TV show.

I think it should be clarified to mean "1/6 figures that don't infringe on anyone else's license". There are far too many unique and creative figures out there that aren't part of a license, that are much better quality and value than licensed figures. Let's not disqualify things like DAM's Gangsters Kingdom, Ryder Watson, etc, DID's figures simply because they're not from a movie or TV show.

You are correct sir. but Gangster Kingdom or some of these are their own license. I think most of DiD's stuff are also okay. I was referring more specifically to one mass produced bootleg that has gotten a lot of attention, but has been C&D'd all over the place.

Characters / Figures I wanted for the longest time:

Enterbay - A Chinese Ghost Story (who i know no one cares about) & Dennis Rodman

Most impressive and well executed figure:

Hot Toys - Robocop 1/6 - Even i didn't expect it to be as good as it was. Despite the little diecast it actually has.

I would have to say SS Batman for me.

I loved my MOS figures earlier this year but I hadn't been so surprised and impressed by SS in a long time. It's a super fun figure that always catches my eye when I walk by

Hot Toys Robocop is my fave this year. With batman returns, bttf, and xwing luke coming next year it will be a much harder decision in 2015.

I really like the "Most anticipated" idea. That would be fun. Also, now this is fairly exclusive to HT at the moment, we could have "Best Two-pack or deluxe pack" like the Bruce/Hulk, the Cap/ Steve Rogers and the Bruce, Alfred, Bat armory.

Holy crap a thread EF makes that doesn't get deleted and endorsed by dave............:lol

going with 66 batman and robin.........I have to count them as one even though they aren't.

It's the 66 Batman and Robin for me. Excellent figures.
Then, the Tenth Doctor from BC, if that came out this year !

Back