THE FORTRESS OF POWER - Custom MOTUC playset

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: THE FORTRESS OF POWER - MOTUC playset.

Whoa, they wouldn't refund your money or give you any estimate???? That's not right.

Ben said they are not taking new orders and people keep asking to buy.. so why wouldn't he refund you and then sell that unit to a new person?

I'm worried we may need to take legal action.
:lecture A very valid point.

Hey guys. I'm having a hell of a time keeping up with all these threads. I just posted a giant bit in my Monaco thread and also an update on the he-man.org thread. I'm sorry I haven't been more communicative. I'm in the process of making a master email of all who ordered and communicating with them all directly. it's become impossible for me to respond to these threads fast enough. I didn't even realize all the recent posts here until just now.
Sallah, I'm sorry your email got lost. I'll dig it out and respond right away.
If you guys could check out those threads I Have reaponded to many of the concerns and addressed he fact that I should be updating his thread more. Sorry about that. I would also link you, but I'm on mg phone and it's a nightmare.
Just want to say, the project wasn't delayed a year or anything like that. We have been steadily working on this guy and it's just been a ton of unforeseen challenges at every step of the way. Which is also why we're reluctant to give an estimate of a timeframe as mentioned above, because more than likely our guess would be wrong. That is apparent from my first estimate early on. We clearly underestimated the hugeness of this project. That being said. We're still working. Very hard. And this thing is coming. All I can really give you for an estimate is we plan to fully finish five any a time and ship those out. We will notify people on the list a month before they should expect it , for those who haven't paid in full or need to pay shipping. So we are on those first five. After everything along the way. I can't even express the work. Hardest project I've ever done. I'll try to stay on top of this thread more, when in doubt, check out the heman thread if you could. Also like I said I'm going to get in touch by email, and respond I those emails that got lost in the shuffle. Sorry about the wait everyone. We didn't expect it to take this long. And our only choice is to just well going as fast as possible. We're working. Please try to CONTINUE to be as patient as possible. Thanks.

Again. Sorry for typos. On my phone. But knew I had and one by and say something.

Also. I'm away until Monday. So I won't be able to respond until I'm back. So it's not me ignoring you. Please feel free to send me questions and I'll dedicate some time to responding when I'm back. If you could though, please send them to my personal email [email protected] so I can keep everything in order. Thanks!

While I appreciate the update... We are pretty much still right where we were (including you getting back to me, which still didn't happen).

Where exactly are you on this and what steps are done? Each update (when there is one) just says the same basic things- "we are working on it, please continue to be patient", but they never offer anything in the way of updates on how far along things are, what steps are done, where the deposit money went, revised ship dates, etc. You have already told us you won't refund our desposits/ full payments because you spent all the money on supplies... but where is it? The excuse before was that it was too cold to make them... but we are hip deep in one of the hottest summers ever, and nothing seems to be happening. At what stage was the project when it became too cold to proceed, because it seems as if the warm weather has been around for awhile now and things should have moved right along?

I was told back at the beginning of May that you would start on the first 5 and they could expect to receive theirs in a month. It is now almost August, and if I am not mistaken, those first 5 aren't done. So that is almost 3 months now (on top of the months before that where none were made). If one where to complete 50 of these, are we looking at years before the last few on such a list would get theirs? Or if a monthly schedule does ever happen, does that mean a 10 month turnaround at least? So we went from being a few weeks away in April of 2011... to the middle of 2013 (at the absolute earliest) for those late on the list?

I'm sorry fellas... You seem like nice guys that bit off more than they could chew... but the way you are handling this just isn't good enough right now. It is time to start showing what is done here and offering firm dates on completion of this project. Receipts for product that the money went to, in progress shots of the first five, a definitive schedule on the rest of the lot, and perhaps even a list of "replacement" supporters (since you have said many times that you have to turn people away all the time) to sub in for those of us who want out of this now.

I know this isn't your day job... but the supporters of this project laid down a lot of money (at least $10,000) and deserve more of an effort at this point than what you are currently offering.

Sallah

It has been almost a year since the first post and it's pretty odd not a single one has been made for any of the 50 customers. If they’ve already gotten over 12,000.00 from buyers they’ve already gotten more than I make on disability in a year. So its times like this I'm glad I didn't have the money to get involved in things like this.

If I had put up a deposit I wouldn't pay another penny until I had five confirmed customer statements from the first five produced that they finally; actually; had one of these in hand. Otherwise I would think the reason the makers were out of town was because they were out enjoying spending someone else’s money.

Who know, these guys may have already produced who knows how many, but they went to their selves and their buddies first. I feel sorry for all you guys, I hope for your shakes you all didn’t just get taken.

I am compiling a list of people who are waiting on items from Bishart. If that is you, please PM me for details.

I am compiling a list of people who are waiting on items from Bishart. If that is you, please PM me for details.

You might want to re-post this in the Whiplash Monaco display thread too...

Sallah

I really hope you guys get your fortresses. One they look great, but two it would suck seeing everyone tied up in court.

Good luck everyone!

I really hope this project comes to fruition, since I'd like to get one of this. I didn't pull the trigger though, because I wanted to make sure the project went forward.

Got my refund on this today... Hope others get theirs or their fortress as well.

Sallah

Everyone who asked for a refund was refunded today. Thanks guys. Keep checking the Facebook page for updates as they come!

Ya know, I had been following this Castle Grayskull since it first started.

I am not one bit surprised that has happened.

I personally can tell a lot about an artist when questioned on some design choices,

When I asked about some of the design choices on the sculpt and things like the flag design, i was met with very dickish remarks both from the artist and indeed the folks on the HM.org forum where he originally made a big song and dance about this supposedly 'Ultimate' castle.
That was what, over two years ago?!

I never ever liked this castle and the finished sculpt was not very good at all.

I say hold out for Zombihamma to make more of his vastly superior version or wait for Mattel to go nuts in a few years when the movie comes out.

Save your money for a proper looking Castle Grayskull not this very odd looking thing. :)

This the Castle I was referring to. It was created by theFwoosh member Zombihamma.

Even the Four Horsemen said that this was pretty bang on.
Though they might've added the dome piece, the platform and slightly deeper around the skull.
But over all, this is pretty much a exact copy of the original toy only in scale with the Classics figures.

This particular one was painted by me in an afternoon and was mega fun to do too. :)

MOTUC-Collection-24811cu.jpg

<<<<<wants Eamon's Castle

Got my refund on this today... Hope others get theirs or their fortress as well.

Sallah

Everyone who asked for a refund was refunded today. Thanks guys. Keep checking the Facebook page for updates as they come!
Thanks Sallah for the update.

Hi Ben.
I still have not received my refund on the MONACO project.

Please keep me posted. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back