RobertoBagg10's 80's Cartoon Classic "Filmation" 1/6 He-Man Custom Paint Job+Display

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RobertoBagg10

Super Freak
Reaction score
RobertoBagg10's 80's Cartoon Classic "Filmation" 1/6 He-Man Custom Paint Job+Display

Hey guys, after my 2 previous Display Dioramas of the T-800 from Terminator 2 and Rambo from Rambo III, i have now turned my attention to my next project...a Diorama display for my custom built 1/6 scale He-Man statue based on the 80's classic cartoon by Filmation, He-Man and the Masters of the Universe.

I build my Dioramas from scratch and also build the display cases myself from mainly acrylic using the cheapest methods possible as i know how expensive display cases can cost!!:gah:

I'll post some pics of my previous 2 other displays in my next post to give you an idea of how the case will look for my He-Man.

I came into posession of this custom He-Man statue a few months ago from a friend of mine who had the original resin cast for it, not sure of the sculptors name and my friend can't even remember himself but a fantastic sculpt and likeness none the less. Due to a lack of original He-Man statues based on the Filmation cartoon currently on the market and as a massive fan of the cartoon, i jumped at the chance of having my very own statue of He-Man in my collection and so i asked for 2 unpainted casts to get to work on. I had planned on painting one in the original He-Man colours based on the cartoon and then the other in a custom Faux Bronze effect for a different look. Each statue came with its own individual Castle Greyskull themed base, which was a nice touch!

Here are some early pics of the statue as it stands, already sprayed in primer and a first coat of skin tone applied...

View attachment 50150

View attachment 50151

I am hoping to continue with the same theme as i have used with other displays and have the same styled case with clear and black acrylic. My initial thought ideas are to have a Castle Greyskull background (unfortunately just a 2D one at this moment in time as i wouldnt have the skill to build a 3D version, although that would look awsome!) and maybe add some rocks in the foreground to give it some depth. The pose of He-Man is based on the iconic part of the opening scene where Prince Adam holds aloft his sword and transforms into He-Man so the Castle greyskull background is a must!!

As ever, it would be fantastic to hear any feedback you may have regarding my displays, especially my latest He-Man project and i promise to keep updating as i go on...thanks for now guys :wave

Last edited:
Re: RobertoBagg10's 80's Cartoon Classic "Filmation" He-Man Custom Paint Job and Disp

Excellent work, ill be watching this thread and looking forward to updates.

Re: RobertoBagg10's 80's Cartoon Classic "Filmation" He-Man Custom Paint Job and Disp

Looks really good in those display cases

Excellent work, ill be watching this thread and looking forward to updates.

Thanks DpM, should have a few more pics up in an hour or so with a second layer of primer added. :wave

Re: RobertoBagg10's 80's Cartoon Classic "Filmation" 1/6 He-Man Custom Paint Job+Disp

You do awesome work my friend. Looking forward to progress pics of this next project.

Re: RobertoBagg10's 80's Cartoon Classic "Filmation" 1/6 He-Man Custom Paint Job+Disp

Very impressive work on the Rambo and T2 displays :duff

Very impressive work on the Rambo and T2 displays :duff

@ galactiboy and Mqhuynh

thanks very much for your kind words. Getting a bit nervous as i usually only collect 1/4 scale statues/figures and prefer working with real life subjects as opposed to animated ones so i'm a bit out of my comfort zone on this one, but still looking forward to it none the less :wink1:

Very impressive cases! I looke forward to seeing more pictures of all!

Very impressive cases! I looke forward to seeing more pictures of all!

thanks very much scwbll, i've got a lot more progress pics to load up today as i've been very busy painting! :panic:

Time for another update and i've have done rather a bit in regards to the paintwork. I have added a few layers of skin tone which will take quite a few more darker tones and completed the chest plate to a satisfactory standard that i was happy with, along with the pants, stockings and a first coat of hair...for the base i've gone for an Eternia theme with greeny black tones to it...see for yourself...

View attachment 50243

let me know what you think...:wave

Great work!

Hey all, hope your all having a great weekend and enjoying your new purchases or just enjoying your existing ones...here is another update on my He-Man custom paintwork...

Okay, so i have now completed the first He-Man paintjob in the original colour scheme and i think he's turned out really well. What do you think?

View attachment 50328

View attachment 50329

View attachment 50330

Now starting on my second paint job which is the same sculpt but in faux bronze. Now this is my first attempt at faux bronze so i dont know how its gonna turn out...wish me luck! :pray: :rotfl

Wow, your sculpting is incredible. I love the texture of the skin and just how close it looks like the Filmation He-Man. Truely a work of art. Thank you for sharing.

Back