The Following on FOX

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been enjoying it a lot actually. But I'm starting to question how many visitors this convicted serial killer would be aloud to have before someone questioned it.

I tried to keep watching this, I really did, but I just don't like it. Stopped after the 4th episode. The pointless flashbacks were part of the problem.

LOSTesque... Fill in time with inconsequential backstory that writers can write without having any sense of where the story is going (occassionally having some glimmer of connection to the plot).

It's a shame as the premise had promise...

I'm still enjoying this but I did roll my eyes when the police woman shot at the FBI guy. Hairlesswookie makes a really good point about the logs. :rotfl I suppose people who visited him though could have arranged for several of the people to become involved on the outside without the prison knowing.

As mentioned earlier in the thread the writing does seem lazy to often but with Bacon and the rest of the cast I'm not giving up yet.

I'm still enjoying this but I did roll my eyes when the police woman shot at the FBI guy. Hairlesswookie makes a really good point about the logs. :rotfl I suppose people who visited him though could have arranged for several of the people to become involved on the outside without the prison knowing.

As mentioned earlier in the thread the writing does seem lazy to often but with Bacon and the rest of the cast I'm not giving up yet.

You're just waiting for him to unleash his pent up emotional frustration in a torrid dance montage in an abandoned factory, right?

Me too. :pray:

Show has pretty much jumped the shark for me. What was nicely set up on the episode prior to this week's episode quickly came undone with the embedded police officer and the two guys that managed to sneak up on the SWAT / HRT team.

That said, I'll continue watching, since I've already invested four (five?) episodes in it.

I'm done with this show.
1.Woman they found who attacked Hardy with a knife gets questioned and then freed, then guarded and turns out to be one of the cult and kills agent with an edged weapon, no less.
2.FBI agent agrees to read quote from Poe on TV for Carroll, which initiates a series of preplanned events made by the cult. What ELSE could it possibly have been about? Sure, a random quote for no reason...

3. Ryan Hardy gets snuck up on by member.
4. I couldn't even get myself to watch the latest one in full, but I did notice that something happened that should never ever have happened under ANY circumstances. I don't even care about any bs story they came up with to try to explain how it could have happened.
5. Ryan Hardy is no Jack Bauer.
There are more things that are really ridiculous that happened on this show, almost 1 per episode. Only the pilot was believable.

Last edited:
Show is pretty bad, so the questiion for myself is this: why am I still watching it? Lol....don't know

Glad theres a thread on this, I watch it every week trying to like it, but find myself just not connecting with the show.

Show is way to dragged out.

The wife is a idiot. People have been dying left and right to protect her and she just goes on. How many lives are worth one?

And I like Ryan. He shoots everyone. When Zod showed up at the hotel, I told my wife $5 says Ryan shoots him and of course he does. And in typical movie style, he opens his shirt to show the vest. I wonder how many cops or soldiers to that in real life after getting shot?

Yeah, this has got to be the worst show on TV. I guess I'm a glutton for punishment because I've made myself watch this far and will continue to do so until the end of the season; I feel like I've invested too much time already to simply walk away.

Besides the points EF mentioned, the frickin' U.S. Marshals were ridiculous. Two get gunned down just strolling down the hallway, and the third just stands IN FRONT of the door waiting to be shot. WTF? Who writes this crap?

Yup. The cops on this show are the like ones in Nolans Batman, complete idiots.

I only watch cause I like Ryan and the bad guy whos name eludes me right now.

I was enjoying this show for a short awhile. I can suspend disbelief and allow a writer/show to make some leaps. However, with this show some guy/gal will pop up and save the day for the "Following." Then we'll have some flashback as to how this character was brought into the fold.
It was also mentioned earlier as to why no one is checking the list of visitors Carroll has had. Even if they lied and wrote some fake name wouldn't their be video? I mean this is a high-profile killer; no one is interested in who is visiting him.
The Emma character bothers me (which I guess is good), but I finally realized why; she looks looks like Fromme. Fromme was a Manson family member.

I haven't kept up with this show but did watch a few episodes over the weekend and saw the season finale tonight. All I can say is it was pretty ****ed up.

The writer's of this show ,need to be replaced.How many times is Ryan going to put his gun down?Every time I think they are going to use something they put into the show,they change it.Not in a good way.SPOILER-

When Ryan gets the FBI agent out of the coffin,I thought he was going to stick the cult member into the grave.He just shot him instead.

Terrible show.Wont be watching season 2 .Sorry Kevin,I wont help you make your Bernie Madoff money back.

Back