Premium Format The Flash Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think it looks good. Hope they produce a Reverse Flash either in a mirror pose or a modified version.

His arms are almost cartoonish. Ugh.

Those images are completely misleading! Daniel Bel addressed this directly on Facebook:

"I don´t usually do this but regarding that everyone are "reviewing" The Flash because of one picture (or two from the same angle) I would like to give some explanation about it.

First of all, proportions are ok, don´t worry! but he´s not an average human, he´s a comic character and as you may know it, we usually work with 8 canon proportions (8 heads tall) so of course he will have longer arms and legs and torso than a regular person. But what are you seeing from these picture has some issues. First, if you take a picture with your cellphone which has an approx of 25mm lens to an object whos is not taller than a baby dog, of course you will get a lot of stretching and deformation. As you can see in the example that I attached, a photo taken with a bigger lens it looks a way different. And second, these pics are not the side view of the piece, if not the 3/4 view. And his left arm is, lets say 35° rotate from the body line. So if you take a look to the real side view, you will see that is not as long as you think.

I´m sorry for my English but I hope you can understand my explanation. And if you have any more questions please let me know. Thanks my friends!!!"

67073722_10219659527548504_7601955207542472704_o.jpg

The fact that the guy that sculpted it has to defend it makes it even worse imo.

Hopefully more pics will pop up that make it seem less so.

Just because Daniel Bel defends it doesnt mean hes correct lol. Looks floppy as hell to me.

Just because Daniel Bel defends it doesnt mean hes correct lol. Looks floppy as hell to me.

Obviously you don't have to like the statue but it is anatomically correct and people still using those distorted pics to say he looks like plastic man or whatever is ridiculous.

Agree. Also, if there are lens distortion issues with cell phones, why aren't we seeing weird sculpts in other photos?

Gonna start sounding like the sun tanned Superman shortly, only in that case people said it had to be in certain lighting to look good. Lol

This Flash Really looks like he is hitting top speed. Instabuy for me. I really like that his hands have a natural pose like he is pumping his arms to gain more speed. Other statues have his fingers welded together perfectly straight like a damn robot or somethin. LOL

Setting aside scale differences.

I think XM is great and SS is great. Looking side by side I feel like SS shows so much more power and speed. To me, XM looks almost like a jog in comparison. I'm still not sure that the arms are too long either. Between being designed with 'heroic' proportions, being stretched out, and the camera/viewing angles/distortion, I'm not sure the proportion things is actually true. And I like the SS suit design better. In any case, even if it is, I don't really care. Whichever people buy, they will be happy.

48360286617_5309a0e581_b.jpg

Back