The Expendables 3

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I only saw the first movie and thought it was just ok. Dolph really brought it down in my opinion. Never watched the second but the third looks interesting. I like Gibson and think he could play a great bad guy.

Ouch, it bombed really bad.

The Expendables 3 opened in third place with an estimated $5.88 million. That's down 44 percent from The Expendables 2, which is a horrible drop for a closely-timed sequel. For the weekend, the third Expendables movie could wind up below $16 million.

Pretty safe bet that this will be the last one. Ah well, it was fun while it lasted.

I saw EX3 today, and liked it more than the other two. It had a lot more character than the first 2. The young blood actors were boring as ****, thankfully they didn't have much screen time. Mel Gibson was the best villain of the series. He needed more screen time.

Going to see this next week since dad is out of town. Sucks it's not doing well. I enjoyed part 1 but really liked part 2.

saw this a couple of days ago. SUCKS. big time. never have i been so friggin bored by an action movie this year. even the awful ones, like legend of hercules (which incidentally also starred kellan lutz) had a so-bad-it's-almost-good cheesy fun to it. this one was lacking the very thing part2 had in spades --- a good-natured sense of fun. part3 was mostly just dour and self-serious, with sly moping about mortality and leaving friends behind. the "young" cast were either forgettable or plain horrible (ronda rousey, please stick to MMA). the new old guys were hardly used (wesley snipes, harrison ford and kelsey grammer aren't in this enough). the only ones who looked like they were having a good time were arnie and antonio banderas, with the latter in particular coming off like he was acting in a completely different movie from everyone else.

the action scenes themselves were pedestrian, with actors looking like they were just going through the motions. worst of all, mel gibson was utterly wasted. he could've been a great bad guy, but they just had him standing around most of the time barking orders and issuing empty threats. then during the big showdown, it's over before really getting started. total anti-climax. this deserves to bomb.

IMO I'm guessing it's doing bad since it released with some stiff competition like GOTG/TMNT/Hurcules.

Just got back from it. I didn't mind it. Much better than the second one that's for sure. It wasn't great but it wasn't horrible. The new bloods were completely meh though, I would of been fine with all the old guys just going around shooting ****. On that note, Antonio Bandaras was great in the movie. The biggest shame of the movie though was the severe lack of Terry Crews. I hope they had a good reason for not having him in 90% of it like Jet Li in the 2nd film.

Also.....trigger discipline Sly......Jesus dude. I may have to watch the old ones to see if he ever takes his finger off of it. Made me cringe every time.

Just got back from it. I didn't mind it. Much better than the second one that's for sure. It wasn't great but it wasn't horrible. The new bloods were completely meh though, I would of been fine with all the old guys just going around shooting ****. On that note, Antonio Bandaras was great in the movie. The biggest shame of the movie though was the severe lack of Terry Crews. I hope they had a good reason for not having him in 90% of it like Jet Li in the 2nd film.

Also.....trigger discipline Sly......Jesus dude. I may have to watch the old ones to see if he ever takes his finger off of it. Made me cringe every time.

You can't have more than one black guy on the team :lecture

Their future isn't bright but they wear shades:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    119 KB · Views: 89
i saw it last night and really enjoyed it for what it is like the first 2.I liked Banderas' part in it and hope he returns if there will ever be a 4th installment.
Ford and Arnold was just boring to watch.

And Gibson was a great villain for sure,i hoped the last fight with Stallone would last longer.

Saw it yesterday with dad. I quite enjoyed it myself. The second is still the best of the three but it's better than the first one. I do hope they somehow get to make a fourth.

Saw it yesterday with dad. I quite enjoyed it myself. The second is still the best of the three but it's better than the first one. I do hope they somehow get to make a fourth.

Glad to hear that, I also liked 2, although we seem to be few in numbers around here. Hopefully I can hit this up in matinee in the next few days.

I didn't bother with this one in the theater, will defnately see with a rental though.

I figured not seeing this in a theater would redeem some of my Transformers 4 transgressions. :lol

What I really wanted out of 3 was the same gore level from Rambo 4, instead they went backwards and gave us Expendables Lego Movie.

Was there at least one Blade or Tax evasion joke that I can enjoy. :lol

Back