The Dead Specimen Busts

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When I said about 8 inches, I meant just the head section. I still think they are at least 7 inches tall (not including the base).

Oops. I read you post wrong. I thought you assumed the busts themselves were 8" tall. How on earth do you figure the head/neck section is 7" tall when the entire bust isn't even 1/2 the size of the 15 3/4" packing box.:confused: Good grief these things weigh about 3lbs apiece which puts them on par with the smallest of SS's LOTR orc bust. I think you're going to be in for a real shock when you open these things for the first time.

3020_press15-001.jpg

The box is almost 16 inches tall. From what I see, the heads are almost half as tall as the box. The head and base included is well over half the height of the box.

Who knows..may be the base and the heads are separated in the box.. Only 200 made and they look so cool.....But...i have no money now.. T_T

How on earth do you figure the head/neck section is 7" tall when the entire bust isn't even 1/2 the size of the 15 3/4" packing box.:confused:

You'll notice in the picture that the box is tilted back a bit, it's not setting level with the bottom of the busts. So you can't judge the exact height with this picture.

yeah the front of the box appears to be lifted up an inch or two, so that combined with the angle of the photo means they could very well be true 1/2 scale still.... seems odd that ssc wouldn't post spec of the finished product though.:confused::confused:

limited to only 200 makes it very tempting even for a none horror collector like me.....until this is sold out they will be very tempting not to order.:banghead:banghead so hard to not order lsb's for me.:rolleyes:

They are not 1/2 scale (the price and packaging dictates this) I think the are bigger then 1/4th though.

I like these...but I can't drop the money right now.

Other than true bronze pieces, how many Sideshow scupltures are limited to 200 or less and are not variants of some kind?

Other than true bronze pieces, how many Sideshow scupltures are limited to 200 or less and are not variants of some kind?

The list was posted once, I can't find it now. I was surprised how long the list was.

Pass for me. Even if the es was 50, just not my thing. On the other hand if it was a new dead PF, then I would be excited.

I think they are just the size of any Premium Format head stuck on a post to make it look taller.

The list was posted once, I can't find it now. I was surprised how long the list was.

Pass for me. Even if the es was 50, just not my thing. On the other hand if it was a new dead PF, then I would be excited.

That's a shame. I'd like to see that list.

Don't forget guys, you can use your Sideshow Originals 10% off coupon on these. I did. Just about made them $200 plus shipping. I think that price is a bit more reasonable, no matter what size these eventually end up.

I believe it's emailed to you if you've ordered a Sideshow Original product in the past.

yes indeed, that is correct. The seem to send them out from time to time (not every time) when you buy a Dead or Dinosauria related item (and of course their other SS orig lines).

Don't forget guys, you can use your Sideshow Originals 10% off coupon on these. I did. Just about made them $200 plus shipping. I think that price is a bit more reasonable, no matter what size these eventually end up.

Me too! It's funny, I was in this big panic trying to get the code in there,
thinking they were going to fly right out and be gone. Just a while ago the ol' "100 left" meter finally popped up.

I think these things look REALLY cool and will look impressive on my mantle.
:chew

I believe it's emailed to you if you've ordered a Sideshow Original product in the past.

Thanks, man. I just searched my email and found it. I had totally forgotten about it.

Well, I just used the code. I wish these weren't in stock right now, but I bit the bullet. At least I didn't take it in the head like Specimen 187. :pow

I hope when I call, they will add in the code/discount. I bought a kit afterall. What sucks is that so much is shipping with in a two week period. BUT....Must have dead heads!! they're so limited too.

Back