The Dead Specimen Busts

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think they might have undersold with that edition size. Maybe should have gone with E.S.#100 and tried to drum up heat for specimens #2....

As somebody mentioned earlier, 200 is a tiny release for a broad fanbase like StarWars or Marvel, but The Dead is a much smaller pool and the line does have its origins with the 12-inch figures . I was a little surprised that half of them were still unsold when I got up this morning.

I think they might have undersold with that edition size. Maybe should have gone with E.S.#100 and tried to drum up heat for specimens #2....

As somebody mentioned earlier, 200 is a tiny release for a broad fanbase like StarWars or Marvel, but The Dead is a much smaller pool and the line does have its origins with the 12-inch figures . I was a little surprised that half of them were still unsold when I got up this morning.

I think these aren't sold out yet because:

-People assume they're smaller than they really are.

-In stock means pay now.

Edition size doesn't seem like the problem considering over 410 Patient Zero PFs sold out and are now selling for above retail.

I think the big deal is that you are paying 225 for an item that is being vague in it's product size. For 225, I kinda want to know what I'm getting. If I'm getting tiny bust heads, then I'll pass. I just don't have the kind of money to buy blindly. I would have bought these already if I knew they were a good size. They are only 3 pounds each however, when most LSBs are 10 pounds each. So, I figure they can't be that big.

They are only 3 pounds each however, when most LSBs are 10 pounds each. So, I figure they can't be that big.

These are practically skulls on sticks. Very different from 9 lb LSBs. They are missing shoulders, chest, arms, horns, hair, helmet... You get the point.

Also I have a Carnage bust which is listed as 9 lbs* on the website, but the UPS label says 13 lbs. So it's possible this set could actually weight more than Sideshow says.

OCP, what exactly are you trying to argue? You believe these are actually 1:2 scale?

they're definitely larger than 1:4. They're giant!

deadspecimensize.jpg

I don't care how big they are, I think they are going to look spectacular in my display. I'm actually hoping for 1/4 scale, because I'm already going to catch h@#% just for having them in the collection.

Also, glad there seem to still be about 50 sets left, as of right now, since I have to try to haggle my "originals coupon" tomorrow morning with Sideshow.

:D

Re: The Specimen Busts

Creature PF isn't going anywhere soon though, once these are gone (which IS taking longer than most expected) they will probably be harder to find. :lecture

If the opportunity to take a picture with "the apple" isn't possible, why not list the actual dimensions of each bust? How about listing the scale (or approximate scale) of the busts? Since the busts are in stock, I don't see any reason why a picture with the apple isn't possible. Sounds like shenanigans to me. :monkey3

Anyone had this ship yet?

Eagerly await photos... my finger lingers over the 'submit order' button, just can't make myself go through with it. Think these would look nice with the PZ PF.

Eagerly await photos... my finger lingers over the 'submit order' button, just can't make myself go through with it. Think these would look nice with the PZ PF.

Nope. Sideshow is open Monday - Friday and these went up on Saturday. I'd be surprised if these started shipping tomorrow. I'd guess more likely Tuesday or even Wednesday at the earliest. I'm sure they are backed up with Spooktacular.

But I do find it odd the scale isn't listed. Yeah, they are LSB, but since those are always inconsistant, and these are clearly smaller than the usual LSB, a aproximate size/scale would have been nice. I still say 1:4. Originally I wanted these to be 1:6, but at this price, I want them to be 1:4. That way they can at least be displayed with the PZ PF and not just by themselves. Zombies look better in groups, not individually.

It's not even Monday in CA yet.

I am by no means an expert on head sizes or scale, but if I had to take a guess from eyeballing the specimens, I'd guess they were about 1/3rd scale (compared to an average size human head). I can easily settle this argument tomorrow though and will attempt to get the height of one, with and without the base. :duff

Actually, I can settle it now... the sell text that was sent around a couple days before the specimens went up on the site specified the approximate size of each, and I'm not sure why it wasn't included on the actual product page when it was launched! Definitely NOT on purpose, just human error!

Here's what it says: Each bust approx. 10.5" H x 4” W x 4.5” D

Based on that and on looking at the photos, I'd guess the heads themselves, sans bases, are approximately 5 inches tall.

Sorry I didn't notice this thread earlier so didn't know there was an issue! Hope this helps :duff

Last edited:
Back