The Dark Knight Rises ***USE SPOILER TAGS***

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: The Dark Knight Rises

Burton stopped being interesting 10 years ago if not more...even his Burton versions of things stink of him trying to hard to be Burtony.

Burton stopped being interesting 10 years ago if not more...even his Burton versions of things stink of him trying to hard to be Burtony.

:lecture:lecture:lecture The Burton/Depp combo couldn't get any more stale and uninteresting at this point.

I'd like to see tim burton direct the next lethal weapon.

I was just joking about Burton, just wanted to see peoples reactions :lol

More importantly, will the "back up bats" make an appearance in TDKR :lol

Celtic my boy, you've hit a new record!

sarcasm.png

Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooohhh

SNAP! :hi5:

I started thinking this when Planet of the Apes came out. The only thing I really liked about that movie were the makeup effects.

Man burton discussions. First in the inception thread then in the dark knight rises thread.

IMO burton:
Alice in Wonderland -awful
2007 Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street -accetable
2005 Corpse Bride -meh...cashing in on something he's already done
2005 Charlie and the Chocolate Factory -weird in a bad way..couldn't have won here.
2003 Big Fish - great surprise
2001 Planet of the Apes - jesus christ that's dumb
1999 Sleepy Hollow - i liked it
1996 Mars Attacks! - sort of obnoxious, but enjoyable on occasion
1994 Ed Wood - great
1992 Batman Returns - classic burton, far from batman
1990 Edward Scissorhands - classic
1989 Batman - amazing
1988 Beetle Juice - amazing
1985 Pee-wee's Big Adventure -amazing

He should stay away from "big" movies/remakes/re-imaginings and do something closer to himself. He is more than capable of doing good things but he's been boxing himself out for about 10 years now.

Burton did Pee-Wee's Big Adventure? No wonder that movie frightened me as a child.

Burton creeps me out. I think the only thing I've seen of his that I actually liked...well didn't dislike, was Alice in Wonderland. I guess I need to watch Batman; I've never seen it because I hated Batman Returns, but I've heard from a number of people the first one is much better.

The first Batman hardly feels like a "Burton" film. It's just Batman vs. The Joker, no weirdness, no black and white. You should give it a try. It's nothing like Batman Returns other than some of the actors and of course, the Batmobile.

Last edited:

I've got it on my Instant Queue for netflix, I just have to find the time to watch it. I've always loved that Batmobile, it's my second favorite. The first being The Animated Series one, but I don't think it really counts. :lol

It has Prince music in a few parts.

Thought you should be warned. :monkey5

I was thinking about prince's music in that movie. Gotham is like some weird backlot/80's/gloomy comic city anyway...it's not that weird that some crazy _______ like prince would be the soundtrack. I think it's one of the things that's so weird that it works.

Then again I've been a huge fan since I was 2 years old...so i'm horribly biased.

I will definitely watch 3rd batman movie in spare time as i have heard that this movie is amazing one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back