The Dark Knight Rises *SPOILERS*

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Really cool fan film that was posted on one of the other forums I frequent:

[ame]https://youtu.be/9_ioQP1XU3s[/ame]

--and it is from:

2003 - 2005

Things that suddenly fit if we accept this, and assume that TDK takes place in 2008:

2003 - Bruce Wayne returns to Gotham City, has his first night out, begins prowling as the Batman.

2003 - Jimmy is a two year-old infant when Batman visits Gordon at home.

2005 - Batman defeats Ra's Al Ghul on the train. Remember this is on the SAME NIGHT that he has his 30th birthday party.

2005 - 2008 - Offscreen, Batman wages war on crime, working his way up to the big fish of the mob. Assuming this is true conveniently explains several things:

- (1) Like SnakeDoc suggests, it is not until a year before TDK that he is finally having an impact that is really hurting them and making them take notice.

- (2) All during this time, while Batman is building his reputation, Joker commits random crimes and builds up his own legend among criminals. This is where we get the "So why do they call him the Joker?" "I heard he wears makeup..to scare people...y'know, war paint" lines. It makes sense that it takes a while to build up that kind of rumormill/reputation. It also explains the "Two-bit wack job, cheap purple suit" line from Maroni and the "Him again" line from Batman. Joker wasn't wearing the purple suit during the bank robbery, so Maroni must have seen/heard of him before. Like Batman, dispite his crimes, he views him as just a minor nuisance to be dealth with later.

- (3) Guestimating this three-year gap between the films also neatly explains the line in The Dark Knight Manual that he was wearing the Original Suit for 5 years---he was---from 2003 to 2008.

- (4) Finally, this 3 year gap ages little Jimmy almost perfectly. If he is two years-old in 2003, then he is seven in 2008. It doesn't take much stretching in either direction to make him an 8 year-old, or to even just assume he is supposed to be seven in that film.

The Dark Knight Rises is eight years later.

2016 Now I know the Gotham Civil War poster contradicts this, with the date of the exhibit ending in 2014. But this is the only really hard-set date we know of (as of now anyway), and it's not really clear if it even appears noticeably on-screen or if a hard-set date of 2014 appears in the final film on screen, so I'm willing to overlook it. Also, I realize this is just an excuse, but that poster could be an "old" ad that was never taken down, or pasted over with something else newer that is peeling off. It certainly doesn't look like it's supposed to be in new condition. Just sayin'.

Working backward from the above dates, we can make the milestones in Bruce's life fit too.

2003 - Bruce Wayne returns to Gotham. Based on the above that he turns 30 in 2005, he turns 28 in 2003. Since we know he was away for seven years, he dropped out of Princeton at 21 (or 20, depending on his birthday) as an undergrad in his senior year, just shy of graduation.

Working farther back and using the casefile of the Wayne murders in The Dark Knight Manual

November 8, 1983 - The Waynes are gunned down. Bruce is 10 or 11 years old (again, depending on his birthday)

1972 or 1973 - Bruce Wayne is born.
So now that we've seen the movie..how long do you think the time spawn of the dark knight rises is?

was the mark on Talia, that wayne feels on her supposed to mean anything..

I think it's the mark of the league of shadows, as seen in batman begins when Ra's al Ghul is about to brand Bruce Wayne. Thought it was a bit lame that Wayne never picked up on that.

Agreed. The music, costumes and efx were all pretty good as well.
Not that doing the voice is that hard, but that guy pulled off a pretty good Bale impersonation too.

Yeah, I agree. I think that one of the things it had that others that have been of similar or even greater quality didn't was that it felt authentic; it felt like a Nolan movie.

tumblr_mhivdmCTgm1qawrzyo1_500.gif

tumblr_mhivgjnwv41qawrzyo1_400.png

https://entertainment.ie.msn.com/ce...sty-pudding-award-recipient-2?page=1#image=17

:lol

Yeah, I agree. I think that one of the things it had that others that have been of similar or even greater quality didn't was that it felt authentic; it felt like a Nolan movie.

Nah, i thought the acting was pretty bad..it felt like a bunch of hipsters made this thing and hired an old man and a black dude to fill the other roles.

Batman looked like a sissy while talking to Nygma...sure the production is not bad and its HD but, thats all it had a side from a few alright action sequences..poor poor acting.

Really cool fan film that was posted on one of the other forums I frequent:

https://youtu.be/9_ioQP1XU3s

That fan vids not bad at all, not great acting but not piss poor like alot of them either. What is does do well is show where the story could have and should have gone before we got to the return of the LOS as well as how you can do characters like Killer Croc, Riddler, and even Ventriloquist and make them threatening. Actually thought the Bale impression was mediocre and they went more for someone who looked like him but the only stand out thing that really bothered me was why when Zsasz is cutting himself in the beginning, does it sound like hes masturbating into a bowl of mac and cheese? :lol

God, this movie is still great, and, every time I watch it, I plug up another one of the so called "holes" that the nitpickers find. Take, for example, Wayne's breaking of the brick wall. People always interpret that as "a magic leg brace that gives him super strength." What they fail to realize is that Bruce Wayne could break through the bricks before his leg got ****ed up, the brace is simply allowing him to be able to use his leg like he used to.

He broke a tree in year one, and students at your most basic dojos can break bricks with their hands, so why couldn't someone who's travelled the world, studying with the best martial artists, break bricks with his leg (which is even stronger than his arm)?

When did Bruce Wayne ever break a solid, brick wall with his leg in these movies before TDKR? Hell, when could he lift his leg up in either suit before TDKR? All he ever did was use dem elbows.

EDIT:

Oh, you mean da comics.

I know the comic Wayne does that in Year One but, "wahhh, wahh, dis isn't da cromics, dis is Nolen's reelistic aht, his interpretation of betmen".

So no, Bruce Wayne does have a magical knee brace that lets him break through solid brick walls as far as movies go. Too bad he never thought to kick Bane in the *****.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back