The Dark Knight Rises *SPOILERS*

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's what I'm saying, though. If Wayne could break a tree with his foot in a book that's more realistic than this movie, why does everyone find fault with the fact that he could break through a few bricks in this film? I think the problem is that people need to nitpick the tiniest details in order to find fault with the film, and, even then, they fail (most of the time).

He also breaks through a tree in the same scene if I remember correctly. Also gets his head smashed with a television set or a baseball bat or something.

Does that mean Nolen Bruce can do the same stuff? Handle the same blows? No. That's beside the point.

Realistic or not, different interpretations. The brick breaking is stupid in TDKR, not so stupid in the graphic novel. At least Year One Batman isn't a puss, has bats fly through windows for inspirations, fights prostitutes, pimps and isn't fraid of no one.

It's not stupid, though. A tree has a lot of solid mass supporting it (how thick do you think that trunk was?), a small layer of bricks is another story. The point is that it is possible to break bricks with your leg in our world, so why is it stupid in that one? I'm sick of the bull**** ****ing double standards that people have to employ just so they have something to hate on.

I never said Year One was realistic though. You made that claim, not I. I like that story for different reasons not, "OMG, these things could really happen". That doesn't seem to be the point of Year One imo.

Besides, I stated, "wahhh, wahh, dis isn't da cromics, dis is Nolen's reelistic aht, his interpretation of betmen".

It's his interpretation of Batman, not Frank Millers, not vice versa. I might be wrong, but I never saw him breaking no brick walls or tree trunks in Begins or TDK. When people saw him do that in TDKR, SUSPENSION DISBELIEF FAILED.

Besides, that's one of many problems with TDKR that people have, nit picks or not. Double standards? What if people simply just don't like TDKR and what it has to offer? Hating to hate? Nahhh. The movie is weird bull**** to some folks, let em be.

I'm just saying that those people are wrong to hate that aspect of it. A person could do that in real life, therefore, by definition, it is "realistic." The brace isn't about augmenting his strength, but, rather, allowing him to have better control of motion over his leg.

...and yes, I do think that people hate just to hate. They nitpick until they find something that they think can somehow "invalidate" the film, and, when someone offers a counterpoint, they move on to something else.

If that's how you feel about that, I respect your opinion.

It's not just a training brick wall or a plank of wood he kicks either. He literally kicks the foundation of Wayne Manor, in a pair of sneakers, after 8 years of doing nothing but hobblin'.

Pretty stupid if you ask me. Even Alfred's face in that scene, "wut, he can do that?" That was everyone's face in theaters. The world broke it's own rules. If that brace isn't magical and Bruce had that potential the whole time, that's even dumber. Unless there's a correlation between archery skills (also pretty stupid and odd) and leg strength (even though you haven't used that leg, again, in 8 years).

That structure is hundreds of years old, though, and I feel that he did have that potential, but he couldn't do it as gimpy the archer (in order to kick, you've got to be able to move your leg more than a few inches off the ground).

Comics never matter when it comes to the movies. Unless they are a direct, panel by panel adaptation.

So no. Bruce Wayne never broke a tree with his leg.

Comics never matter when it comes to the movies. Unless they are a direct, panel by panel adaptation.

So no. Bruce Wayne never broke a tree with his leg.

You're missing my point. You're right, Bruce Wayne didnt break any trees in these films, but my point is this: Year One is arguably the most realistic Batman comic out there, yet no one holds that against it (I don't know if that's even physically possible). However, Batman breaks a few bricks with his leg in the movie (which is humanly possible), and...

tumblr_m3ont5ETJr1r1c6m5o1_500.gif

Nobody lost their minds. They just said it was ****ing stupid and didn't feel right within the film.

I know TDKR wont win any oscars but to me it was the best movie of 2012 and so far in 2013 nothing has come close.
probably superman this sumemer will be apar.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back