The Dark Knight Rises *SPOILERS*

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This thread is a total bat boner kill.

It is pretty much going that way, huh? :(

Freaking awesome movie, I won't watch it as much as Avengers of course but I don't see a Batfilm topping this one for me personally, probably ever.

I should probably do my part and let the chronic complainers have their day. Like I said, they're in it for the long haul. :lol

Yeah, I skim through most of everybody's post in this thread except for a couple people. :lol

i.e.:
picture.php

Yeah, I skim through most of everybody's post in this thread except for a couple people. :lol

You'd think we'd all be bound to some semblance of a common desire to *enjoy* these types of movies, but no, if there's both good and bad or great and not so great elements in a movie I just don't get why there has to be obsessing over and belaboring over and over and over about unfulfilled expectations and nitpicking every little thing that wasn't perfect.

I stand by a point I made in the Prometheus thread that if 90% of the "classic" movies we grew up with from before the internet era were released today they would be absolutely ripped to *shreds.*

People like the idiotic Burton movies but dare go on about the supposed shortcomings of the Nolan films? Give me a break. :lol

He reminded me of that Vietnam recruit combat correspondent from Full Metal Jacket.

Yeah I didn't even realise it was him till someone brought up afterwards. So there was a tenuous joker reference in there after all...

You'd think we'd all be bound to some semblance of a common desire to *enjoy* these types of movies, but no, if there's both good and bad or great and not so great elements in a movie I just don't get why there has to be obsessing over and belaboring over and over and over about unfulfilled expectations and nitpicking every little thing that wasn't perfect.

I stand by a point I made in the Prometheus thread that if 90% of the "classic" movies we grew up with from before the internet era were released today they would be absolutely ripped to *shreds.*

People like the idiotic Burton movies but dare go on about the supposed shortcomings of the Nolan films? Give me a break. :lol

556743.jpg

GERk4.gif

He did. And whether or not he realizes it that kind of statement makes him a classic "Nolancompoop".

Hey now, *I* like the Burton movies, but come on, they're the height of cinematic idiocy (only slightly better than the Schumacher era) compared to the Nolan franchise.

Seriously, you sometimes sound like a sports jock trying to talk about geek stuff. You are simply not in your element in these Batman discussions. :lol

"only slightly better than the Schumacher era". Wow.

GERk4.gif

He did. And whether or not he realizes it that kind of statement makes him a classic "Nolancompoop".

Seriously, you sometimes sound like a sports jock trying to talk about geek stuff. You are simply not in your element in these Batman discussions. :lol

"only slightly better than the Schumacher era". Wow.

Trolls.jpg

GERk4.gif

No it makes me someone who recognizes the difference between a Best Picture contender (under the new rules with 10 nominees anyway) and a goofy superhero movie about a villain who dances around and makes fart sounds with his mouth.

We might as well mention Beetlejuice in the same breath as District 9. I enjoy them both but come on.

Well, there are extremes on all sides in this thing, just like there is with everything else.

- "This film is brilliant, I love it. I'm going to see it for the 10th time. Best Batman film yet."

- "This one was alright, satisfactory ending but I wanted more. Not the best, not the worst. I'll give it another go."

- "This movie is stupid and obnoxious. It doesn't make sense. Almost as bad as the Schumacher films."

When those type of posts are scattered throughout thread topics they're are bound to be met with disagreement.

Films are of their time and are judged accordingly. Just like bands. Just like music. Just like entertainment. Just like cars. Just like collectibles.

There wouldn't BE a film like Alien or Aliens in 2012 because it came out in the 70s and 80s.

"What if" scenarios are ridiculous.

I find myself having defend Burton's Batman flicks more than I do Nolan's and I love both pretty evenly.

If anything, most people don't give a ____ about '89 and Returns and think they're garbage crap. "Prince music, yuck. Batman kills. Matte paint backgrounds. Jack Nicholson steals the show. Catwoman sucks now, that zombie _____".

I'm an equal opportunist to all these films. I still think the Batwing getting shot down by a single pistol bullet is ludicrous. I look forward to the day where Nolan's films are considered "not as good" in the future when there's a new interpretation of the Dark Knight on screen.

Last edited:
Reason people can rip on this film so easy and Nolan, is because he set very high expectations for himself.

Now me personally, I enjoyed the movie overall. It was good.
But since he tried to make this a super realistic as possible, and as many fans will claim as well - "these movies are serious and REAL".

It becomes easy to see the shortcomings, plotholes, goofs, silly lines etc.
For me it's a great movie and I am knocking all the actual Batman related stuff or whether this or that should have happened etc.
I dinged it on a pure movie making level. And felt like other people, the music was a bit too much at times and distracting, Bane's voice still somewhat hard to understand, the fights were clunky in a restricting rubber suit, Bane became an underwhelming villain by the end etc.

WE all know it COULD have been better on many levels.

Well, there are extremes on all sides in this thing, just like there is with everything else.

- "This film is brilliant, I love it. I'm going to see it for the 10th time. Best Batman film yet."

- "This one was alright, satisfactory ending but I wanted more. Not the best, not the worst. I'll give it another go."

- "This movie is stupid and obnoxious. It doesn't make sense. Almost as bad as the Schumacher films."

When those type of posts are scattered throughout thread topics they're are bound to be met with disagreement.

Films are of their time and are judged accordingly. Just like bands. Just like music. Just like entertainment. Just like cars. Just like collectibles.

There wouldn't BE a film like Alien or Aliens in 2012 because it came out in the 70s and 80s.

"What if" scenarios are ridiculous.

I find myself having defend Burton's Batman flicks more than I do Nolan's and I love both pretty evenly.

If anything, most people don't give a ____ about '89 and Returns and think they're garbage crap. "Prince music, yuck. Batman kills. Matte paint backgrounds. Jack Nicholson steals the show. Catwoman sucks now, that zombie _____".

I'm an equal opportunist to all these films. I still think the Batwing getting shot down by a single pistol bullet is ludicrous. I look forward to the day where Nolan's films are considered "not as good" in the future when there's a new interpretation of the Dark Knight on screen.

:exactly::goodpost::lecture:hi5:

No it makes me someone who recognizes the difference between a Best Picture contender (under the new rules with 10 nominees anyway) and a goofy superhero movie about a villain who dances around and makes fart sounds with his mouth.

We might as well mention Beetlejuice in the same breath as District 9. I enjoy them both but come on.

Come on bud, Bane wasn't THAT bad:lol

Actually that makes you sound just as much like a Nolancompoop. :lol

"These Nolan Batman movies are serious bizniz!!!" :panic:

Could someone just answer me this, I've only watched the movie once so I don't remember quite well. But were the people in that Arabian prison all criminals? The prison where Bruce was locked up by Bane?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back