The Dark Knight Rises *SPOILERS*

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I will disagree with you on this one

Nobody says you have to agree. :lol I didn't like that whole exchange. It felt too contrived and halfassed at that, to hurry the movie into the next act. Overall I think it could've been handled a lot better and differently.

Nobody says you have to agree. :lol I didn't like that whole exchange. It felt too contrived and halfassed at that, to hurry the movie into the next act. Overall I think it could've been handled a lot better and differently.

understood

Don't know what is happening in this thread - but more importantly I've found the film online to watch :)

That is all.

You've disagreed on everything else negative said about the movie...why not that too? :lol

What I disagree to is the total bashing and dissecting...we all have in our heads our versions of what we want to see here...some want comic guy, some want Joker, etc ,etc ..again some have really high expectations....I could go on...if this wasnt batman and the villains were differently named, would you guys be happy then?...

I wonder if this film will get a director's cut. I know Nolan's not big on that type of stuff but it seems like there was a lot left out to cut the running time.

I've been wondering that myself. I get the feeling Nolan ended up with a 4-hour story crammed into a 3-hour movie. I liked the movie a lot ... but it is conceivable it could be a bit like Kingdom of Heaven, where the director's cut is a cut above.

SnakeDoc

There's nothing wrong with dissecting. You're not a movie fan if you don't.

I hate nitpicking. A bad exchange of dialog isn't nitpicking.

Batman's cowl looking off, is a nitpick. :lol

There's nothing wrong with dissecting. You're not a movie fan if you don't.

I hate nitpicking. A bad exchange of dialog isn't nitpicking.

Batman's cowl looking off, is a nitpick. :lol

dissecting up to a certain point is totally fine...but in the case of a few in this thread it borders on the absurd..

jQPcg.gif

Give me a f@#$%^g break...did you like the film or not....just curious...

Yes. I liked,

- The Batman moments. The voice might still be a piece of over the top ____ (Bale really looked and sounded JUST like the parodies on youtube) but there's no denying the screen presence that Bale Batman has

- Stories about a socially retarded Bruce Wayne

- Bruce Wayne being thrown into the prison pit. Forced to relearn fear and training and build himself up to eventually rise.

- Selina Kyle/Catwoman

- Robin (I was a John Blake hater until I saw the film but Levitt's performance convinced me. Only thing about this film I was wrong about before going to see it)

- "A hero can be anyone. That was always the point. A man doing something as simple and reassuring as putting a coat around a little boy’s shoulders to let him know that the world hadn’t ended."

- The return of the Batpod (Batman's return in the tunnel garage with the lights is fantastic) and Batbunker from TDK

- Wayne Manor and the Batcave fully rebuilt

- Foley's little arc of being vehemently against Batman ("Imma do what Gordon never could, imma catch the Batman"), chasing him. Then, upon seeing the symbol, understanding what he stands for.

My problems other than Talia, Bane, the energy fusion project bomb and the League of Shadows (all of which I despise) are very well documented. Mostly has to do with it's fidelity to Begins and TDK as well as the story and plot.

Yes. I liked,

- The Batman moments. The voice might still be a piece of over the top ____ (Bale really looked and sounded JUST like the parodies on youtube) but there's no denying the screen presence that Bale Batman has

- Bruce Wayne being thrown into the prison pit. Forced to relearn fear and training and build himself up to eventually rise.

- Selina Kyle/Catwoman

- Robin (I was a John Blake hater until I saw the film but Levitt's performance convinced me. Only thing about this film I was wrong about before going to see it)

- A hero can be anyone. That was always the point. A man doing something as simple and reassuring as putting a coat around a little boy’s shoulders to let him know that the world hadn’t ended.

- The return of the Batpod and Batbunker

- Foley's little arc of being vehemently against Batman ("Imma do what Gordon never could, imma catch the Batman), chasing him. Then, upon seeing the symbol, understanding what he stands for.

My problems other than Talia, Bane, the energy fusion project bomb and the League of Shadows (all of which I despise) are very well documented. Mostly has to do with it's fidelity to Begins and TDK as well as the story and plot.

ok so your answer is that you liked parts of the film...ok...lol...hard to tell

Yes. I liked,

- Selina Kyle/Catwoman

- "A hero can be anyone. That was always the point. A man doing something as simple and reassuring as putting a coat around a little boy’s shoulders to let him know that the world hadn’t ended."

- The return of the Batpod and Batbunker

- Foley's little arc of being vehemently against Batman ("Imma do what Gordon never could, imma catch the Batman), chasing him. Then, upon seeing the symbol, understanding what he stands for.

He reminded of that goofy sheriff chasing Roger Moore in man with the golden gun:lol

He reminded of that goofy sheriff chasing Roger Moore in man with the golden gun:lol

He reminded me of that Vietnam recruit combat correspondent from Full Metal Jacket.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back