1/6 The Dark Knight: Batmobile - Tumbler (relaunch)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys The Dark Knight: Batmobile - Tumbler (relaunch)

Thank you. It's been pretty cool lurking for the last few days, reading everything and looking at other people's photos. I think I am satisfied for the first time in my collecting life. There's nothing out there that I am dying to get. It's kind of bitter sweet. Though, I'm sure in a few months something new will crop up. :)

Yeah, it's certainly a show stopper. There's no surface in my condo big enough for this thing, but my fiance was nice enough to clear off her dresser top so I can put this beauty on there.

I heard something about the rubber wheels having a strange reaction to wood surfaces. Is this true? Right now I am paranoid so I have a giant textbook underneath it, keeping the wheels from touching the dresser surface for now.

I would have thought it would be varnish they react to rather than the wood. Be careful; I have heard the same thing too.

I would have thought it would be varnish they react to rather than the wood. Be careful; I have heard the same thing too.

Ah yes, good point. I think I'll have to keep it like that until I can get an acrylic case built for it.

Thank you. It's been pretty cool lurking for the last few days, reading everything and looking at other people's photos. I think I am satisfied for the first time in my collecting life. There's nothing out there that I am dying to get. It's kind of bitter sweet. Though, I'm sure in a few months something new will crop up. :)

Yeah, it's certainly a show stopper. There's no surface in my condo big enough for this thing, but my fiance was nice enough to clear off her dresser top so I can put this beauty on there.

I heard something about the rubber wheels having a strange reaction to wood surfaces. Is this true? Right now I am paranoid so I have a giant textbook underneath it, keeping the wheels from touching the dresser surface for now.

Having read this before. I had I don't know what they are called but they are on indy cars. My tumbler is on the ground but it doesn't touch the floor.

I have a question if someone can answer it would be great. When I opened the styrofoam box to check that everything was ok I found a red plastic thing lying in the box and wondered what it was but looking at other people's pics it looks to be from inside the back wheels. Is this supposed to come out or is it broken and needing replaced? It doesn't seem to have caused any damage i.e. scratches to the paint. Any help would be appreciated, TIA.

I have a question if someone can answer it would be great. When I opened the styrofoam box to check that everything was ok I found a red plastic thing lying in the box and wondered what it was but looking at other people's pics it looks to be from inside the back wheels. Is this supposed to come out or is it broken and needing replaced? It doesn't seem to have caused any damage i.e. scratches to the paint. Any help would be appreciated, TIA.

Sounds like one of the brakes. Does it have some foam stuck to it? Should be fine if you can't see any damage to the wheels.

Sounds like the part that holds the wheel in place so it does not roll. Does your Tumbler roll?

Having read this before. I had I don't know what they are called but they are on indy cars. My tumbler is on the ground but it doesn't touch the floor.

Rubber or silicone have a weird reaction with varnish, so avoid setting your tumbler on finished wood...thats why most of us have cases for it...oh, and dust prevention...

I think whats going on here is many here don't collect automotive diecast with rubber tires. I hope many Tumbler owners aren't SLIDING the car when you try to move it around or play with it :lol . Those rubbers on the Tumbler are quite sticky and will leave these black rubber marks on the table and taking some of the material off the rubber like a real tire.

For those who don't put anything underneath the Tumbler, ROTATE your tires on a weekly basis like I do. Some diecast collectors like to do it monthly, but everyone have their own method. You don't want the weight of the Tumbler to deform the tire contact after sitting on the same spot too long. Otherwise you get this at worse:

tire1.jpg

FLAT SPOT! :gah:

A 1/6 scale Flatstoppers could solve the problem too! :lol

flatstoppers_installed.jpg

Rubber or silicone have a weird reaction with varnish, so avoid setting your tumbler on finished wood...thats why most of us have cases for it...oh, and dust prevention...

Yes this too. :hi5:

This can work too >_>

cap037.jpg

I have it under my TV. I have it there with Yoda's hut. The bottom is somewhat in case but not fully. I used to collect Nascar and seen what would happen on some of the wheels. I remember (I still don't know what they are called) that Indy Drivers use to left there car up to change the wheels. I have 6 of those under it.

I really did not think about the floor (I have tile) I was thinking of the weight of the Tumbler after years of being there. Yes I have gone Vroomm Vroom...

Here's how the Tumbler looks with the rear wheels painted black. Sorry for the crappy cell phone pic.

IMG_20121228_110020.jpg

Yes this too. :hi5:

This can work too >_>

cap037.jpg

Ha Ha I have not wasted my Truck in 5 years. Like that would help. I'm not lazy (ok I am) I live in a town that is mostly dirt. You wash it. Put the stuff away and its need to be clean that fast.

I have it under my TV. I have it there with Yoda's hut. The bottom is somewhat in case but not fully. I used to collect Nascar and seen what would happen on some of the wheels. I remember (I still don't know what they are called) that Indy Drivers use to left there car up to change the wheels. I have 6 of those under it. ..

You mean a jack right or the jack stand?

I wish the tumbler came with a little stand thing like the 89 one has.

Cell Phone, Highend a picture is a picture. All is good. I like it.

Thanks, man. Didn't have time to break out the good camera so I just snapped that one. I think it looks much better now with the mod....even though I probably never would have even noticed the wheels if I hadn't been for this forum. :lol

You mean a jack right or the jack stand?

Really that is what they are called? I had no idea. Yes that is what is under it. I was given an Indy car about 12 years or so ago and it had them on it. It was just outside and I thought hmm. Cut them off and put little wood blocks on top of them. Work. The other two are wood blocks.

I am going to do the samething I did to the hut. I am going to wire it so I can turn it on without getting down on the ground.

Great job. He rims look so much better in black. Too bad hot toys could not get it right.

Yeah, it's a simple thing they should have done....especially since they had them black in the proto pics.

Sounds like one of the brakes. Does it have some foam stuck to it? Should be fine if you can't see any damage to the wheels.

Sounds like the part that holds the wheel in place so it does not roll. Does your Tumbler roll?

Yes it had some black foam on it. I finally took the tumbler completely out the box to check it as I was a bit worried, everything seems fine with the wheels and I saw the other wheels had the same plastic thing in them. It's just a bit strange how it managed to come loose and end up rattling around in the box.

Does anyone have the wire for the lights hanging loose in the cockpit as mine is and it gets in the way when I try to close the cockpit and have to push it back in to be able to close it correctly.

Back