1/6 The Dark Knight: Batmobile - Tumbler (relaunch)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys The Dark Knight: Batmobile - Tumbler (relaunch)

today is the day.. Out for delivery.

I will be making trips to home depot this week to build some new shelves to put this beast.

Looking at those pictures from Inspector reminded me of how I sat on my chair and took almost 1 hour until I finally took it out of the cotton box. I just stared at it and kept whispering to myself "its soooo big...."

I found this pic last night. First one I have seen that really puts it in perspective:

41hYjoak8NL.jpg

I just had to save this picture to show my friends another way to give the tumbler a scale. :lol: It looks bigger than that dudes upper body!

Looking at those pictures from Inspector reminded me of how I sat on my chair and took almost 1 hour until I finally took it out of the cotton box. I just stared at it and kept whispering to myself "its soooo big...."

insert gratuitous "your mom said the same thing to me" joke...

in all seriousness congrats!

Yeah THAT photo is what I show my friends when I try to tell 'em how huge this ridiculous toy is.

First thing I will be doing when I get this is re-painting the back rims, I don't remember Batman rollin' on chromies!

Anyone recommend a paint to do this with?

First thing I will be doing when I get this is re-painting the back rims, I don't remember Batman rollin' on chromies!

I wouldn't touch them, they're accurate.
batmobile_tumbler_dark_knight.jpg

PD1339144658MlQ.jpg

Never realized they got the rims correct on the protos... the actual product does not have the outer circle in black.

Arrggh! I never would have noticed that. NOW it's going to drive me keeeerayzeeee!! So I hope someone posts exactly what paint and method of application is required to correct this. Pleeeeese?

Btw I can't remember his handle he goes by here but don't thin I have seen him posting lately?

:borg "Resistance is Futile"

Hope to see him post on soon because I feel like that Tumbler is totally him! :lol Just flex those muscles! :lol His biceps and triceps combined are bigger than the back tires themselves.

Arrggh! I never would have noticed that. NOW it's going to drive me keeeerayzeeee!! So I hope someone posts exactly what paint and method of application is required to correct this. Pleeeeese?

I use Tamiya acrylic and shoot it with an airbrush...here's my custom tumbler

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=111904

I wish I could go back and open mine for the first time, as previously stated nothing prepares you for the mass of this epic beast. I feel like I actually got my moneys worth with the tumbler.

Hey guys, just had chance to open up my tumbler and give it a proper check to see if anything was broken, thought initially that I'd been quite lucky but got a couple of issues. First off when i. Hecked the lights the lower left lights were barely on and then flickering for a few seconds, then they came on. Left them for a few minutes and they seem ok now, just wondering if anyone thinks this will be ok now or anybody who knows about electrics if they think this was just because it was the first time it was used or if it sounds like it could be a problem.

Secondly, the cockpit. The control panel with the steering wheel/steering handles was broken off. Wonders if people think this would be an easy enough fix. Basically I'm unsure what sideshow would do in terms of a replacement as I'm in the uk and certainly can't be sending it all the way back to the us. I'll try and beta pic of the cockpit problem but basically the small part that slides back and forth is still attached and slides back and forth, but the rest has snapped off. If that makes any sense.

Other than that, a lot of glue slapped around the inside by the windows and what looks like dust from a workshop. I assume this is the same with all of them though. Generally quite cheap looking in the cockpit unfortunately. Quite disappointing but the outside makes up for it by its sheer awesomeness.

Thanks for any input or help. And hope that everyone had a nice Christmas.

You need to send some clear photos of the damaged column to [email protected] explaining the problem and they ll send you a replacement column.

I see, didn't realise they could just replace the column. Is that easy enough to change over then? Thanks for the help.

Hey guys, just had chance to open up my tumbler and give it a proper check to see if anything was broken, thought initially that I'd been quite lucky but got a couple of issues. First off when i. Hecked the lights the lower left lights were barely on and then flickering for a few seconds, then they came on. Left them for a few minutes and they seem ok now, just wondering if anyone thinks this will be ok now or anybody who knows about electrics if they think this was just because it was the first time it was used or if it sounds like it could be a problem.

Secondly, the cockpit. The control panel with the steering wheel/steering handles was broken off. Wonders if people think this would be an easy enough fix. Basically I'm unsure what sideshow would do in terms of a replacement as I'm in the uk and certainly can't be sending it all the way back to the us. I'll try and beta pic of the cockpit problem but basically the small part that slides back and forth is still attached and slides back and forth, but the rest has snapped off. If that makes any sense.

Other than that, a lot of glue slapped around the inside by the windows and what looks like dust from a workshop. I assume this is the same with all of them though. Generally quite cheap looking in the cockpit unfortunately. Quite disappointing but the outside makes up for it by its sheer awesomeness.

Thanks for any input or help. And hope that everyone had a nice Christmas.

If you got it through them, contact Sideshow before speaking to Hot Toys. SSC customer service is light years ahead of Hot Toys.

Back